Ideal World Club????????????????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Yesterday l was rung by a UK IW person thanking me for being a valued customer and as such wanted to send me details of IW Club which had lots of vouchers for various shops which l could keep regardless of whether l joined the club or not. The cost to send these free vouchers and details was £2.99 and if l wanted to become a member l had to do nothing and would be debited £69 for membership , if l was not interested , and he could not understand why l would be not interested, l had to cancel within 21 days.
I declined this offer in full and then had to face a barrage of questions as to why l was not interested being as there were numerous free offers l could use, free to me means not paying a price for the privilage of a free offer.
Has anyone else had this? I was not amused by it at all.

Just out of curiosity, are they withholding their phone number when they call you? I'm asking because I'm receiving a daily call from a withheld number but there is never anyone on the end when I answer. I have my suspicions it could be IW now as I've not long placed an order with them.

Just out of curiosity, are they withholding their phone number when they call you? I'm asking because I'm receiving a daily call from a withheld number but there is never anyone on the end when I answer. I have my suspicions it could be IW now as I've not long placed an order with them.

No it was an 01273 number

I got this call in December 2013, but the guy woke me (not a morning person as spent too many years driving buses on the late shift!) I heard it was free to try but didn't hear about the p&p cost Well it arrived, after taking 10 days (being generous as could've been down to Christmas) and opened it. You have just 3 items to try, which really weren't worth the paper they were printed on, yet you get everything a "full annual member" gets but your cards and other vouchers have to be activated once you become a full member. Something made me look at it today and I suddenly found that I was on day 21, I rang to cancel urgently as you get charged if you don't cancel before the end of the 21st day. She was pleasant enough but you could tell she didn't want to cancel it. So I paid the postage to get it and guess what I have to send the whole complete pack back and I'm responsible for the return p&p! My club account is currently on hold and will only get cancelled once they have the full pack back, which must be completed with in 7 days, but if they don't get it back within the 7 days my account will be re-activated and then charged for the yearly amount of £69.99.

Please don't​ be tempted to try this.

I got this call in December 2013, but the guy woke me (not a morning person as spent too many years driving buses on the late shift!) I heard it was free to try but didn't hear about the p&p cost Well it arrived, after taking 10 days (being generous as could've been down to Christmas) and opened it. You have just 3 items to try, which really weren't worth the paper they were printed on, yet you get everything a "full annual member" gets but your cards and other vouchers have to be activated once you become a full member. Something made me look at it today and I suddenly found that I was on day 21, I rang to cancel urgently as you get charged if you don't cancel before the end of the 21st day. She was pleasant enough but you could tell she didn't want to cancel it. So I paid the postage to get it and guess what I have to send the whole complete pack back and I'm responsible for the return p&p! My club account is currently on hold and will only get cancelled once they have the full pack back, which must be completed with in 7 days, but if they don't get it back within the 7 days my account will be re-activated and then charged for the yearly amount of £69.99.

I really think this is very bad and thank goodness you rang on day 21 and not later, l was told l would be entitled to keep everything sent to me whether l went ahead or not and when l declined was repeatedly questioned as to why l did not want to try such an amazing offer, IW take note, this is not the way to encourage customers to buy anything from you.

This has little to do with Ideal World other than them selling your contact details to the "club" company. 01273 is a Birghton (and surroundings) dial code.

Perhaps it would be worth putting this as a sticky for a while to keep people alerted?

I ordered something from Ideal world yesterday and I got the call about the club to my mobile today. I told the caller that I did not appreciate the call and that he should tell management that I was very unhappy about receiving such a call and that I considered it fraud.

My dad this exact offer before Christmas, he had ordered quite a bit, Chrimbo presents etc, and they phoned up and offered him this special deal, this club thing.

But he has not used any, and was thinking about cancelling, but hes noticed that it had gone over the 21 days, we had a nightmare Christmas, obviously not there fault, but phoning Ideal World, was the least of the problems.

But when they contacted him in the first place, they talked about free vouchers for meals and dining and whatnot, and dad said with him having a wheelchair bound son, most restuarants are hard to get into.

But he said, if there Nectar card points on offer, and similarly Tesco Clubcard points, from tokens then fair enough, and they were like yes sir, there is tokens for all the leading supermarkets and stuff

I have just this minute put the phone down to a young lady calling on behalf of Ideal World because I'm a new customer...I've been one for years!

The 01273 3647939 number has come up on the phone a number of times, which I've ignored, but decided to answer this morning...talk about going on and on and on, she hardly came up for breath, then the words...you only have to pay £2.99 postage, can I take that now?

NO, thank you very much I replied, I have read a few things about this club on various forums and do not wish to take part. She then asked If I could tell her who I did my grocery shopping with and I said no I will not, thank you.

All because I have placed an order on 10th, which left the depot on 14th was delivered to the courier on 15th and forwarded on the 18th and out for delivery today 20th...

Latest posts

Back