My Food!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Not slagging it off as such as for ready meals, they do look nice, I obviously haven't tasted them, but nearly £300 for a month's worth of food for one person - Really? Even the more famous "Diet Chef" works out a lot cheaper than that! Again I'm not saying you won't lose weight with it, but I couldn't afford a weeks worth ( a mere £84 + extras), let alone sustain it for three months say.

I know I get discount from the supermarket in which I work so of course that helps greatly, but I normally spend about £80 on a big monthly shop for the two of us, and we top up on fresh fruit and veg when we run out, or as and when we need to. If I decided to buy this eating plan for hubby as he's just started dieting for the new year, I'd still have to feed myself, I would imagine that I'd be struggling to pay the bills at the end of the month!!!

I'm all for "New year, new you" and all that, but I really don't think that a hyper expensive eating programme like this has any place on a low end discount channel!

I only saw a tiny bit of that, Merry. Andrea was proudly displaying what looked like a bowl of vomit to the camera. Do you happen to know how many they shifted?

I only saw a tiny bit of that, Merry. Andrea was proudly displaying what looked like a bowl of vomit to the camera. Do you happen to know how many they shifted?

I don't know, as I didn't notice any names going along the bottom of the screen, however I do recall her saying how many people are ringing in on the wrong number!!!!! So they've already started wasting money at the outset, I suppose it's a case of start as you mean to go on! I think she said it's back at 5, then again at ten.

I kind of applaud them for trying something different.

However, I wonder whether this is a product that will be available from Bid at this price going forward. As expensive as £279.99 plus p+p sounds for a 28 day supply the standard price on the myfood website is an eyewatering £490 including p+p for the vegetarian plan which equates to £17.50 a day, the meat and fish plan costs even more.

I wonder if myfood are using this as an advertising campaign and further supplies will be supplied direct from them, at their standard prices?

A dietician on one of the morning shows recommended planning a similar diet and saving the shopping order in your account on your chosen supermarket website, she reckoned it could cost at least 50% less than any of the popular home delivered diet plans. I suppose it would take some time initially to plan the menu but if it does work out so much cheaper it could be worth a go!

I checked out the website and was horrified by the prices. They wanted £8 + delivery for a very unappetising pizza for one, milkshakes a fiver each, and £2 for a flap jack which gives no indication other than a picture of the size, and if that's anything to go by it's "bite sized"!

I know these diets suit some people, but I have to say that unless you've got money to burn they're a pretty crap way of going about living a healthier lifestyle - A quick fix perhaps, but in the long term, I think I'd rather learn how to cook low fat healthy food for myself, learn about portion control, and be able to cater for friends and family...you can hardly do that if you're spending coming up to £500 a month on ready meals for one!

Not slagging it off as such as for ready meals, they do look nice, I obviously haven't tasted them, but nearly £300 for a month's worth of food for one person - Really? Even the more famous "Diet Chef" works out a lot cheaper than that! Again I'm not saying you won't lose weight with it, but I couldn't afford a weeks worth ( a mere £84 + extras), let alone sustain it for three months say.

I know I get discount from the supermarket in which I work so of course that helps greatly, but I normally spend about £80 on a big monthly shop for the two of us, and we top up on fresh fruit and veg when we run out, or as and when we need to. If I decided to buy this eating plan for hubby as he's just started dieting for the new year, I'd still have to feed myself, I would imagine that I'd be struggling to pay the bills at the end of the month!!!

I'm all for "New year, new you" and all that, but I really don't think that a hyper expensive eating programme like this has any place on a low end discount channel!

They are NOT a low end discount channel anymore Merryone, I worked out that New Year New Start means them selling tat piled low but sold high instead of the old model of piling it high and selling it cheap

Just seen it Thanks no thanks, the presenter went ott she said how wonderful it is, looks yuck.

It's a lot of money and you don't seem to get lot.

You could quite easily shop at a farmers market and have enough for 2 two people with £60 for food (per week).

Latest posts

Back