Best sentence ever spoken by dirty Peter.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was 'our Bet' around 10 years ago Mega?

No he never mentioned any of his family back then as far as I can remember, I miss The Monday club V1 with Peter and Sophie 10pm it was great, Now at ome we are going to have a night of it because we are going.......... transexual :O look of horror on Sophie's face
Peter: Whattttt
Sophie: giggles I think you mean something else
Peter: what did I say?
Sophie: its bilingual
Peter: Ohhhhhhhhh bilingual, we're going blingual

Last edited:
Last night he said the scene of a Kinkade painting was set 'just outside Paris, on the way to Marseille'.

I had my doubts about mispronounciations before Christmas when Peter was selling a food hamper with Lindt Lenor chocolates instead of Lindt Lindor. He said it several times, an assistant was there but didn't correct him. I roared with laughter initially but something didn't seem right, it seemed too deliberate. I think he knows exactly what he is saying to support the "bumbling uncle pete" image he portrays.

Yes I do agree with your comment re "bumbling Uncle Peter".... I think its all an act.... and he can't get out of it... Also I've noticed how short his suit jackets have become....

hmmm, muttley and stunning, you two are very astute forumites
I don't believe the 'bumbling Uncle Peter' routine for a second
I'm convinced that man knows exactly what he's doing and saying and that it's all for effect
if you've ever seen and heard him when things don't go his way and he's unaware that his mic is live you'll see what I mean
I've heard him swear at and slag off studio staff and give filthy looks
IMO he has a dark and sinister side

I've never witnessed Peter being like that but my mum once saw him and Elisa. He was quite bitter and was saying that some people on the internet had said bad things about him. Elisa said something like oh no not about you surely. He then said nastily that they were probably sad people who live alone in bedsits who make comments like this. He does seem to have quite a dark side to him.

I've never witnessed Peter being like that but my mum once saw him and Elisa. He was quite bitter and was saying that some people on the internet had said bad things about him. Elisa said something like oh no not about you surely. He then said nastily that they were probably sad people who live alone in bedsits who make comments like this. He does seem to have quite a dark side to him.

yep, your mum is absolutely right
a very unpleasant man it seems when he doesn't have it all his own way

I must admit I didn't think he was like the cheerful "just grab it" person we see on screen. And I find comments about his "lovely voluptuous size 24s" very patronising.

I must admit I didn't think he was like the cheerful "just grab it" person we see on screen. And I find comments about his "lovely voluptuous size 24s" very patronising.

His "lovely voluptuous size 24s" mantra is part of his very well honed spiel along with the 'Bet' business who, unsurprisingly, is also supposedly a larger lady. Personally I don't think it's any coincidence that the larger sizes of most clothes he sells invariably sell faster than the smaller sizes.

He often revolts me with his obvious bullshit but he sure knows his audience, make no mistake. He's the best they have, by a long chalk.:mysmilie_59: Whether his bizarre style will suit the company going forward is another matter!

You are right, the larger sizes do sell out quicker. They clearly love his style of selling.

I think the reason the larger sizes do sell quickly is they are sometimes hard to obtain on the high street or are very limited at best, I'm told its the same reason Jacamo set up for the gentlemen as they too couldn't find many garments of a larger size.
I've noticed the larger sizes on two other shopping channels always fly out too.
If you notice a lot of the larger garments are made of fabric that could even stretch beyond the specified size so that appeals even more to the ladies of a larger size.

You are right, the larger sizes do sell out quicker. They clearly love his style of selling.

I think you're right Muttley and I also think it's because these 'larger, voluptuous ladies' don't have to go through the humiliation of high street changing rooms
also, Pervy Peter is a master at selling to 'our Maud', 'our Bet' etc. it's a cold calculated ploy make no mistake

Latest posts

Back