Jenny's wedding....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stunning!

Registered Shopper
I was watching yesterday when we had the Sally & Jenny fashion words of wisdom show.... "this looks great in the sun, in the cold almost anywhere"... "I could wear this all day"...."i love this"..."wear this in the morning, the afternoon, the evening"...:mysmilie_12:

But what took over was discussions between the two fashion diva's was Jenny's forthcoming wedding... yes Jenny we all get the message that you're getting hitched... yes we all know how lucky he is.... yes we all know you're off to the Indian ocean for a brilliant honeymoon...

I wonder if she got Tommy & Kate to design her wedding dress???:mysmilie_14:

I was watching yesterday when we had the Sally & Jenny fashion words of wisdom show.... "this looks great in the sun, in the cold almost anywhere"... "I could wear this all day"...."i love this"..."wear this in the morning, the afternoon, the evening"...:mysmilie_12:

But what took over was discussions between the two fashion diva's was Jenny's forthcoming wedding... yes Jenny we all get the message that you're getting hitched... yes we all know how lucky he is.... yes we all know you're off to the Indian ocean for a brilliant honeymoon...

I wonder if she got Tommy & Kate to design her wedding dress???:mysmilie_14:

Yesterday she was saying she would wear some lace top she was touting for her Hen Party.

I fully expect this to be a very tiresome ongoing theme until the big day.

I think it's four months away isn't it?

Something like that, plenty of time for her to use it to assist sales.

Maybe they should give consideration to doing something similar to what QVC did when Jilly got married? Then again they're probably saving that for when Peter Simon get's hitched to Bet :mysmilie_59:

Something like that, plenty of time for her to use it to assist sales.

Maybe they should give consideration to doing something similar to what QVC did when Jilly got married? Then again they're probably saving that for when Peter Simon get's hitched to Bet :mysmilie_59:

what did they do for jilly? Though jilly is genuinely likeable

what did they do for jilly? Though jilly is genuinely likeable

The wedding was used to sell products on the lead up to the big day, it went on and on and ON.

They also broadcast coverage of the wedding, it was cheesy but as you say Jilly is very likeable so she kind of got away with it and in fairness it was done during QVC's early days when they were trying to make a name for themselves and their beauty brands in Britain.

I doubt they would do it now, it was pretty naff!

The wedding was used to sell products on the lead up to the big day, it went on and on and ON.

They also broadcast coverage of the wedding, it was cheesy but as you say Jilly is very likeable so she kind of got away with it and in fairness it was done during QVC's early days when they were trying to make a name for themselves in Britain.

I doubt they would do it now, it was pretty naff!

Its the sort of thing you get away with when you are channel 400 on sky and only viewable on sky.

You can tell she is liked simply as she is never brought up in the qvc forum haha

I remember they did a Hen night for Alison Young when she got married and her husband to be came into the studio with flowers for her

It would be nice if Bid do something similar when Mark Ryes gets married, that's if they're still on air in 2035 :mysmilie_59:

Its the sort of thing you get away with when you are channel 400 on sky and only viewable on sky.

You can tell she is liked simply as she is never brought up in the qvc forum haha

I agree, Jilly is delightful.

She makes Sally Jacks look like a starving hyena.

Jilly is lovely, the only bad thing people seem to pick on is her hair!

If that's her biggest problem she has little to worry about. The QVC posters might like to take a look at Bid's presenters once in a while, they might gain some perspective! :mysmilie_59:

Elisa is looking more and more like Max Wall by the week in her leggings and dobber boots :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

If that's her biggest problem she has little to worry about. The QVC posters might like to take a look at Bid's presenters once in a while, they might gain some perspective! :mysmilie_59:

Elisa is looking more and more like Max Wall by the week in her leggings and dobber boots :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 9884

haha yes, they talk about jill franks like she is some kind of ''hard sell'' criminal. they wouldn't know hard sell if it hit them in the face haha

haha yes, they talk about jill franks like she is some kind of ''hard sell'' criminal. they wouldn't know hard sell if it hit them in the face haha

In fairness I guess many of then wouldn't dream of tuning into a trashfest like Bid so would never have seen grotesques like Mason, Jacks and Dirty Peter in full flow but I do find what they consider 'hard sell' amusing all the same.

I agree that Jill Franks can be annoying but hard sell? Imagine what they'd make of Frump, Jenny Topp or if she was still around the utterly appalling Nicola George?:mysmilie_13:

OMG Wirral, your avatar had me laughing out loud this morning :) especially as last night I actively saw what you mean by calling him Gollum, not just a passing closeness, but he sort of full-face grinned, quite close to the screen and I was gasping at the resemblance :)
What was weird last night though, is when i watched between sort of 7 and 8, he was like a different person!! Then after 9pm he reverted to 'geeza'. Wonder if he's had his orders? Watching him try and sell the slicer box thingy was fantastic, in the time it took me to eat my (small) fish pie, he had sold 2 :p

OMG Wirral, your avatar had me laughing out loud this morning :) especially as last night I actively saw what you mean by calling him Gollum, not just a passing closeness, but he sort of full-face grinned, quite close to the screen and I was gasping at the resemblance :)
What was weird last night though, is when i watched between sort of 7 and 8, he was like a different person!! Then after 9pm he reverted to 'geeza'. Wonder if he's had his orders? Watching him try and sell the slicer box thingy was fantastic, in the time it took me to eat my (small) fish pie, he had sold 2 :p

Oh he is GOLLUM alright, have a read of Gollum's personal characteristics on Wiki, it's uncanny! Interestingly someone asked on facebook 'why has Mason been made to change his show', I did notice he didn't do his stomach churning love cuddle.

Maybe the bosses have finally realised they really are in trouble and all the self serving, ego massaging, Pontin's Cabaret nonsense by some of the presenters is just a waste of time and they should just sell? I bet Dirty Peter still does his 'thing' though :mysmilie_14:

Oh he is GOLLUM alright, have a read of Gollum's personal characteristics on Wiki, it's uncanny! Interestingly someone asked on facebook 'why has Mason been made to change his show', I did notice he didn't do his stomach churning love cuddle.

Maybe the bosses have finally realised they really are in trouble and all the self serving, ego massaging, Pontin's Cabaret nonsense by some of the presenters is just a waste of time and they should just sell? I bet Dirty Peter still does his 'thing' though :mysmilie_14:

I hope he does how would we cope without hearing I've had a day of it or I've had a week of it, ohhh now at ome the Vicar gave me a deep fill on a wet Tuesday as our Maud looked on in her all in 1 winter combination she said Peter you haven't looked that satisfied for a long time, Oh yes I said the last time I was ridged was 1942 anyway have we got a night in store for you, get your cup of tea and a bit of battenburg, sit with your hand in your phone, oh I mean phone in your hand and suck on a digestive, here we go oh I've just been bit, not for the first time :p the place is alive

I hope he does how would we cope without hearing I've had a day of it or I've had a week of it, ohhh now at ome the Vicar gave me a deep fill on a wet Tuesday as our Maud looked on in her all in 1 winter combination she said Peter you haven't looked that satisfied for a long time, Oh yes I said the last time I was ridged was 1942 anyway have we got a night in store for you, get your cup of tea and a bit of battenburg, sit with your hand in your phone, oh I mean phone in your hand and suck on a digestive, here we go oh I've just been bit, not for the first time :p the place is alive

Ha Ha:mysmilie_14:

Apparently due to a 'new management style' Mason isn't allowed to do shout outs anymore. With that in mind it will be interesting to see Peter tonight :mysmilie_59:

Ha Ha:mysmilie_14:

Apparently due to a 'new management style' Mason isn't allowed to do shout outs anymore. With that in mind it will be interesting to see Peter tonight :mysmilie_59:

Warning...you may find the following post disturbing

If the boss man or woman is reading this please don't stop Peter doing his entertainment, that could be the final nail for me, his tales however bad can't help but make me laugh just like Donald and Jacqueline on Benidorm, OHHHHHHH YESSSSSS I've just thought of a new job for him, he can be their big Doner replacement or maybe he can fill in for sticky Vicky next time she's on holiday

I apologise if anyone is eating whilst reading this or is of a nervous disposition, I've covered myself with the warning at the start

Last edited:
Warning...you may find the following post disturbing

If the boss man or woman is reading this please don't stop Peter doing his entertainment, that could be the final nail for me, his tales however bad can't help but make me laugh just like Donald and Jacqueline on Benidorm, OHHHHHHH YESSSSSS I've just thought of a new job for him, he can be their big Doner replacement or maybe he can fill in for sticky Vicky next time she's on holiday

I apologise if anyone is eating whilst reading this or is of a nervous disposition, I've covered myself with the warning at the start

It's only a hunch but I doubt they will stop Peter from 'performing', he still shifts loads of stock. But with the 'lesser' presenters maybe the cabaret and 'fan mail' is a luxury they can no longer afford and they just want them to sell?

I hope they put an end to many of the 'games' too, some of which could easily be considered to be a bit of a swizz anyway (as you know better than anyone Mega!).

Latest posts

Back