Celebrating Wiggy's time at Bid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bidtvbs

Registered Shopper
I was very sad to see that Mark Stewart has left Bid to go to the Jewellery Channel. He was one of my fav presenters. I was thinking we should have a thread to celebrate his time on Bid and share our fav moments of Wiggy at his best.

My best Mark Stewart moment was when Wayne the Chef cooked up that lovely chewy steak for him to enjoy(endure):mysmilie_13:

I was very sad to see that Mark Stewart has left Bid to go to the Jewellery Channel. He was one of my fav presenters. I was thinking we should have a thread to celebrate his time on Bid and share our fav moments of Wiggy at his best.

My best Mark Stewart moment was when Wayne the Chef cooked up that lovely chewy steak for him to enjoy(endure):mysmilie_13:

Oh I remember the steak episode well, I'm sure there were so many special moments with the wigged one.

No others immediately spring to mind but I wish him well at TJC.

image.jpg

Wiggy was the first presenter I saw on Bid and it was him that caught my interest.
Within five seconds of first channel hopping in I heard him say 'Tim our cameraman-his nan was looking for a ceramic teapot' (this was of course the item he was flogging at the time).
I instantly knew that he was lying and wondered what I had discovered.
I always used to put him on if I fancied a nap as his bland idiotic platitudes had me in the land of nod in no time.
Wiggy was mediocrity personified and I hope he continues to haunt the nether world of shopping telly for all eternity.

I remember the imitation magic bullet demonstration he did, basically the motor nearly burned out on air and there was enormous lumps in the smoothie he tried to make!

A picture of Wiggy possibly with real hair in his Portsmouth TV days (2001)

http://www2.tv-ark.org.uk/otherchannels/portsmouthtv.html

Click on his picture for a close up view :mysmilie_13:

Can anyone confirm whether it was real hair?

Yes I'm pretty sure it's his own hair in that old photo-you can see that it's thinning and receding.
It's also a completely different texture from the fake hair we all know and love.

Wiggy was the first presenter I saw on Bid and it was him that caught my interest.
Within five seconds of first channel hopping in I heard him say 'Tim our cameraman-his nan was looking for a ceramic teapot' (this was of course the item he was flogging at the time).
I instantly knew that he was lying and wondered what I had discovered.
I always used to put him on if I fancied a nap as his bland idiotic platitudes had me in the land of nod in no time.
Wiggy was mediocrity personified and I hope he continues to haunt the nether world of shopping telly for all eternity.

I liked him.

I turned over to the Jewellery channel for a quick look last night and some woman was selling, not jewellery, but a scarf

I think it was their deal of the day/week or summat. Do they often sell other things apart from jewellery?

I turned over to the Jewellery channel for a quick look last night and some woman was selling, not jewellery, but a scarf

I think it was their deal of the day/week or summat. Do they often sell other things apart from jewellery?

I don't watch very often but I have seen them sell bags.

they sell the occasional bag, silk scarf and gloves.

Latest posts

Back