Robert Girrard - The Alter Ego of Thomas Kinkade Tonight on Bid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I`m sorry, are they saying that Thomas Kinkade is being channelled by this Robert Girrard, as they are using the present tense, because the last I heard TK had passed away?

I`m sorry, are they saying that Thomas Kinkade is being channelled by this Robert Girrard, as they are using the present tense, because the last I heard TK had passed away?

That would be funny but it isn't that, the paintings are the work of Thomas Kinkade but supposedly in an impressionist style so he used the name of Robert Girrard to differentiate them from his more usual, biscuit tin art.

They look just as twee as his everyday creations to me. I very much look forward to hearing Lisa Brash's take on his impressionist style, the IM* is rumoured to be a personal passion of hers.

*IM = Impressionist Movement, it's art terminology that only experts like Lisa understand.

monalisa.jpg

nope, I still don't get it
I clearly haven't learnt as much as I thought I had!

Disappointing deedee, one would have hoped your artistic understanding would be suitably developed by now to be able to give careful consideration to this technique.

Think Berthe Morisot, Mary Cassatt and certainly Armand Guillaumin for your obviously much needed inspiration. Of course impressionism is known for it's light filled manifesto so I guess this path was a natural progression for Kinkade.

Disappointing deedee, one would have hoped your artistic understanding would be suitably developed by now to be able to give careful consideration to this technique.

Think Berthe Morisot, Mary Cassatt and certainly Armand Guillaumin for your obviously much needed inspiration. Of course impressionism is known for it's light filled manifesto so I guess this path was a natural progression for Kinkade.

I'm so sorry to have disappointed you Wirral, I can accept most things but not that
However, as always, you have supported me in working things out for myself
Your suggestions have served to give me a new perspective and gain an understanding of Kincaid's progression
Wirral, I salute you! :mysmilie_504:

I'm so sorry to have disappointed you Wirral, I can accept most things but not that
However, as always, you have supported me in working things out for myself
Your suggestions have served to give me a new perspective and gain an understanding of Kincaid's progression
Wirral, I salute you! :mysmilie_504:

One issue I have is the question of whether owning a Girrard will possess the same cachet as that of a Kinkade. I'm sure like me you enjoy discussing your collection at dinner parties and art functions, one wouldn't wish to dilute ones portfolio of impressionists.

One issue I have is the question of whether owning a Girrard will possess the same cachet as that of a Kinkade. I'm sure like me you like to discuss your collection at dinner parties and art functions, one wouldn't wish to dilute ones portfolio of impressionists.

Personally I don't consider it an issue
I see it as being forward thinking and an opportunity for a fresh topic of conversation with my diner party guests or fellow delegates at an art function
I feel sure it's a name they will come to envy and covet

Personally I don't consider it an issue
I see it as being forward thinking and an opportunity for a fresh topic of conversation with my diner party guests or fellow delegates at an art function
I feel sure it's a name they will come to envy and covet

Interesting deedee, so you appear be taking a lateral approach to tackling the dilemma which I find quite intriguing.

It's probably akin to the challenges faced by the early impressionists such as Degas and Renoir.

Interesting deedee, so you appear be taking a lateral approach to tackling the dilemma which I find quite intriguing.

It's probably akin to the challenges faced by the early impressionists such as Degas and Renoir.

well, for me Wirral, I'm convinced that art has always had a vanity and slightly competitive edge to it
your reference to Degas and Renoir is very significant here
my collection is for me and others to enjoy but I must admit a frisson of smugness when it's coveted by another art lover
the beauty of my collection is unquestionable but the knowledge of my ownership is a powerful and empowering emotion
I hope that doesn't make me sound shallow but I don't necessarily hold with art for arts sake, I see it more as 'if you've got it, flaunt it'!!

well, for me Wirral, I'm convinced that art has always had a vanity and slightly competitive edge to it
your reference to Degas and Renoir is very significant here
my collection is for me and others to enjoy but I must admit a frisson of smugness when it's coveted by another art lover
the beauty of my collection is unquestionable but the knowledge of my ownership is a powerful and empowering emotion
I hope that doesn't make me sound shallow but I don't necessarily hold with art for arts sake, I see it more as 'if you've got it, flaunt it'!!

I thank you for your candour and vision.

As the great Mike Mason asked 'Art. Is it objective or is it subjective?'.

Poignant words, I think you'll agree.

I thank you for your candour and vision.

As the great Mike Mason asked 'Art. Is it objective or is it subjective?'.

Poignant words, I think you'll agree.

I feel candour is important in art
many lack the ability to be transparent because they struggle with their reasons behind their acquisitions
I've always held with Mike's poignant words that you quoted, they've guided me and kept me true to my art roots along the way as I built up my collection
wow, it moves me even now to recall those sentiments :mysmilie_85:

I feel candour is important in art
many lack the ability to be transparent because they struggle with their reasons behind their acquisitions
I've always held with Mike's poignant words that you quoted, they've guided me and kept me true to my art roots along the way as I built up my collection
wow, it moves me even now to recall those sentiments :mysmilie_85:

I think it's fair to say that Mike's message is often ridiculed or even ignored however, I have identified a naive simplicity in his words, almost an ignorance. That is not to say they have no merit, I feel they do.

I have no idea how long he was fortunate enough to be partnered to Lisa Brash but her influence is noticeable, even if her manifesto isn't necessarily identifiable in his lectures.

Peter Simon on impressionism-hilarious!
'If you love the impressionist painters of the 17th century'-well done Peter, only two hundred years out.
'The Manets and the Sonets'-No such painter as Sonet Pete!
'The nimbulus clouds'-You couldn't make it up. Well actually he is making it up.
Caught a bit of him earlier doing make up and snake serum-the make up man with him and the poor girl modelling looked physically sick with shame and embarrassment and Peter's revolting antics!

'If you love the impressionist painters of the 17th century'-well done Peter, only two hundred years out.
'The nimbulus clouds'-You couldn't make it up. Well actually he is making it up.
Caught a bit of him earlier doing make up and snake serum-the make up man with him and the poor girl modelling looked physically sick with shame and embarrassment and Peter's revolting antics!

Poor Peter isn't having a good night sales wise and when even he isn't shifting a majority of stock you know they're in trouble, he had well over 100 of a Snake Serum left.

All art sales should be conducted by Lisa Brash, only she has the insight and experience to do the pieces justice.

Peter just said the last painting is of a scene just outside Paris, going 'towards Marseille'

Marseille is in the South of France.

Saw the last of the art sales and Peter had 91 left. Maybe the public don't appreciate quality art like wot we all do! James next, celebrating Chinese New Year. I think I'll pass.

I think it's fair to say that Mike's message is often ridiculed or even ignored however, I have identified a naive simplicity in his words, almost an ignorance. That is not to say they have no merit, I feel they do.

I have no idea how long he was fortunate enough to be partnered to Lisa Brash but her influence is noticeable, even if her manifesto isn't necessarily identifiable in his lectures.

it's good to see you understand the depth in Mike which is missed by many
I find his naivety refreshing, I feel he makes complex concepts more accessible to people who may not otherwise understand
I disagree that Lisa's teachings aren't identifiable in him, on the contrary, it's there if you listen, it's just that Mike puts a very human spin on it for which h should be commended
I see him as a conduit for learning for the common man which is an endlessly fascinating concept

it's good to see you understand the depth in Mike which is missed by many
I find his naivety refreshing, I feel he makes complex concepts more accessible to people who may not otherwise understand
I disagree that Lisa's teachings aren't identifiable in him, on the contrary, it's there if you listen, it's just that Mike puts a very human spin on it for which h should be commended
I see him as a conduit for learning for the common man which is an endlessly fascinating concept

A thoughtful synopsis deedee. It's one that embraces hope and togetherness.

I second your gregarious motion.

I saw that and he said he'd known the make up man for many, many years. In fact he met him while he was at the BBC.

I also saw him leave the make up lot to introduce a Kinkade that was coming up. He said it would have been Kinkade's birthday and he would've been 87................. 86 errr 56

Latest posts

Back