Amazing Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
No, no, no, not QVC!

Ordered several items from Amazon on Saturday night - delivery scheduled for Monday!

had email from delivery company DPD confirming Monday delivery and asking that someone is in to sign or leave instructions to leave with neighbour. I decided to be safe to change the delivery date to Tuesday. Within 5 minutes I had confirmation back and THERE WILL BE AN EMAIL IN THE MORNING GIVING A ONE HOUR SLOT!
How much better can it get?

I've had items delivered by them and it has been an excellent service though I have heard of people having had problems where they got the text alert but the item did not appear.

I have always got on well with Amazon but generallyI just buy small items like single books as they can come in the post and go through the letter box. If I buy more together I have to go to the sorting office which is a pain. Now I find they are charging postage for orders under £10 so the book works out dearer than Waterstone's who are usually cheaper online than in store and are currently on free delivery. So I have gone back to them! and if they start to charge will use click and collect from the local branch. Online I saw that books did not attract the charges, but that does not seem to apply to current paperbacks.

Oh I love DPD, you can track the progress of your courier and see what number delivery you are in the couriers day, what delivery number they're on at the moment etc. Bloomin brilliant.

Also have to agree with A* to amazon for delivery, brilliant.

EVERYBODY seems to be better than QVC for delivery at the mo...ordered Laura Geller lip gloss on 14th Jan, took 2 days to be showed as shipped, still not appeared - paid £2.95 for the privilege!!

Ordered Kipling bag from Kipling at the weekend, showed as shipped on Monday, free postage...imagine my surprise when I checked the tracking, it was sent directly from BRUSSELS (for free) and it arrived at lunchtime today (again, if you missed it, it was free postage)

Phoned QVC, 'should have received it yesterday', now i need to go through rigmarole of form filling and calls to get a replacement. When i asked about the shipping, i was told that Royal Mail are quite slow these days...Argh!!!

Think am about finished with QVC now, their postage charges/set up is, in my opinion a joke now and they arent laughing at me anymore!!!

Ordered a pair of boots In the sale from Dorothy Perkins, with discount codes I found online I got free Next day Delivery, ordered Tuesday 21st at 1pm , they were delivered today (Wednesday 22nd) at 10.30pm, its also free to send them back :)

Latest posts

Back