Cricut Gypsy , please help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mak

Registered Shopper
Hi crafters

I hope someone can help with a Cricut Gypsy problem I have. I have wanted a gypsy for years and I couldn't find them new in any stockists who didnt want a huge amount for them. I went to eBay and after weeks of looking and sometimes bidding I finally got a "new" one for around €90. I was pleased and the seller was so nice and helpful , was like buying from a friend. I got the item last week and I am so disappointed. After all the years of looking at videos of them I thought it would be great but I have a pristine Gypsy with all it cables but it has a blue light and a dead screen. It won't switch off unless I press the reset button on the back.

Any advice would be appreciated on how this can be fixed or if it can be fixed. Have I bought a dud ?? Or is it just one of the Gypsy problems that can be resolved ??

Thanks in advance crafters

I can't answer your question mak but I'm sure someone on our sister site Craft Telly forum will be able to help you.
There's lots of helpful crafters there, some of who own a Gypsy.

Hi
I have a gypsy and have had a lot of trouble loading cartridges since they did an update I get please update your gypsy

when I tried it would not update
Silly question have you contacted seller to let them know it does not work they might have sold you a broken item.
mean while ill will see if I can find out a fix for the problem for you
you might need return it to get a refund from seller

Hi again just googled the problem and its called blue light of death suggestions are reset the gypsy by removing the cap off the stylus and pushing it in the little hole at back of gypsy to reset it like you have done if this does not work email provo craft with problem .from what I have read this was a problem with older models
you say it was brand new so did seller give you a warrenty
if not I am sorry but i think you were sold a dud so contact seller for a refund
good luck

Hi PJP been a member here since 2005 although it shows 2008,we all had to rejoin when Graham changed servers or something,joined C.T when it started up.but it's so quite over there ,thought I'd be nosey and see if there was more life here lol

Many thanks for all the advice. I have returned it to the seller. It has put me off buying a used one but getting a new one is both difficult and can be expensive.

Thanks again guys

Latest posts

Back