Peter SImon is looking good these days

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Looks like he has got over his ill patch. He's looking bright and energetic. :clapping:

Looks like he has got over his ill patch. He's looking bright and energetic. :clapping:

Dirty Peter is firing on all cylinders, he's clearly recovered.

He dosen't seem to mind talking about his illness though, usually when he's selling Mattress Toppers or small ornaments that tend to be accompanied by pseudo religious music and a lesson in faith :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter is firing on all cylinders, he's clearly recovered.

He dosen't seem to mind talking about his illness though, usually when he's selling Mattress Toppers or small ornaments that tend to be accompanied by pseudo religious music and a lesson in faith :mysmilie_59:

yeah like we really need to know how many mattress toppers he got through when he was ill and why :puke:
but I remember him selling LED garden fairy things one night and he said we could go out into the garden and talk to them if we're having a sleepless night and have things on our mind
I think my neighbours would have me sectioned??!! :mysmilie_13:

No fanfare introduction or three-minute monologue involving Bet and Maude tonight? What's going on? Although he did do a look sideways to the other camera. Pity there was nobody there!

No fanfare introduction or three-minute monologue involving Bet and Maude tonight? What's going on? Although he did do a look sideways to the other camera. Pity there was nobody there!

I didn't see it but from what you say it looks like even he has had his wings clipped.

Apparently there is a new management policy. Mason's Goddess announced on Facebook he isn't allowed to do shout outs and all the other nonsense he used to do anymore. The new bosses are clearly not fans of the Holiday Park cabaret crap, good for them!

I didn't see it but from what you say it looks like even he has had his wings clipped.

Apparently there is a new management policy. Mason's Goddess announced on Facebook he isn't allowed to do shout outs and all the other nonsense he used to do anymore. The new bosses are clearly not fans of the Holiday Park cabaret crap, good for them!

oh my, you mean they've actually got to work and sell stuff now???

One reason I watch is the opening farce!!
Bring it back
I love Maude Shagbolt
I know last Sunday and Monday hardly anything was selling with Peter. Really poor and he was with that guy that did the moisturiser stuff. (not Sherlock)

oh my, you mean they've actually got to work and sell stuff now???

I think it's hilarious :mysmilie_14:

All their ego massaging nonsense would be fine if they were making millions of pounds but they're not, far from it. The way they have carried on is absolutely ludicrous for a shopping channel, i'm sure Mason and Dirty Peter thought they were on a network entertainment show rather than the lowest rent shopping channel around.

A spike of professionalism is long overdue and i'm delighted to see the new management have put a stop to such ridiculous self indulgence. I'm convinced all the 'extras' contributed to the long list of complaints they received so hopefully it will help their compliance record too.

Thank *uck for that. Got utterly sick of hearing about his "lady goddess" and his "little boy" 24/7.

Thank *uck for that. Got utterly sick of hearing about his "lady goddess" and his "little boy" 24/7.

Indeed, it was all way too personal and probably aimed at his little group of Facebook 'fans', especially when you couldn't be sure whether all the stories were true anyway!

I would guess it will probably take a while for the new style to bed in and I would imagine new products will be available too but the cabaret and gameshow business has had it's day, it was really old fashioned not to mention tacky and mostly unfunny.

And I would imagine if the existing presenters can't sell in a more mainstream way they'll just get shut of them, simple as that.

I haven't even heard Dirty Peter say 'not only', well not much anyway!

I think it's hilarious :mysmilie_14:

All their ego massaging nonsense would be fine if they were making millions of pounds but they're not, far from it. The way they have carried on is absolutely ludicrous for a shopping channel, i'm sure Mason and Dirty Peter thought they were on a network entertainment show rather than the lowest rent shopping channel around.

A spike of professionalism is long overdue and i'm delighted to see the new management have put a stop to such ridiculous self indulgence. I'm convinced all the 'extras' contributed to the long list of complaints they received so hopefully it will help their compliance record too.

oh absolutely right Wirral
it's about time presenters were more professional, perhaps they'll realise it's not about them it's supposed to be about the products
it'll be interesting to watch going forward because, for a couple of presenters, it's noticeable how, if they haven't got their ego boost, they haven't got anything
I feel this new structure will show who is the professional (Debbie, Caroline) and who is the sad 'look at me, be in awe of me coz I work on telly' (we know who they are!)

oh absolutely right Wirral
it's about time presenters were more professional, perhaps they'll realise it's not about them it's supposed to be about the products
it'll be interesting to watch going forward because, for a couple of presenters, it's noticeable how, if they haven't got their ego boost, they haven't got anything
I feel this new structure will show who is the professional (Debbie, Caroline) and who is the sad 'look at me, be in awe of me coz I work on telly' (we know who they are!)

I totally agree, with some presenters it did appear that it was 'their' show, we do indeed know who they are!

It's not often I have had reason to applaud the bosses at Sit-Up but I am delighted at what I have seen so far (in terms of presentation anyway), I genuinely wish them every success.

I still think they're pushing their luck with the longer P+P though.

I totally agree, with some presenters it did appear that it was 'their' show, we do indeed know who they are!

It's not often I have had reason to applaud the bosses at Sit-Up but I am delighted at what I have seen so far (in terms of presentation anyway), I genuinely wish them every success.

I still think they're pushing their luck with the longer P+P though.

yes, these could be valid shopping channels rather than the TV equivalent of a car boot, I think they have their place
I really hope the bosses can make it work, I don't want them to close down
I think the changes have begun and, so far, standards seem to be rising - good on 'em, keep up the good work
like you though, I don't think the additional charges are fair, reasonable (given the service) or tolerable by customers

yes, these could be valid shopping channels rather than the TV equivalent of a car boot, I think they have their place
I really hope the bosses can make it work, I don't want them to close down
I think the changes have begun and, so far, standards seem to be rising - good on 'em, keep up the good work
like you though, I don't think the additional charges are fair, reasonable (given the service) or tolerable by customers

It's promising, I think it's maybe no bad thing for a few of the 'stars' to be brought down a peg or two.

It dosen't look like anybody has star billing now which, let's face it, is a bit ridiculous anyway for a shopping channel let alone Bid TV so hopefully others might get the chance to shine, so to speak.

I only heard him mention 'Bet' once last night when he was selling a top but it was different to usual, he just referred to her somewhat mutely as 'my dear friend', of course he made reference to 'her' large size.

But he was selling a pair of men's boots and the name 'Roland from London' came up who i'm sure is (or was) the boss at Bid. Peter gave a wry smile and said something like 'thanks for that Roland, you don't need to say anymore'.

Very strange.

Latest posts

Back