Avoid their footwear unless it's branded

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Bought myself a cheap n' cheerful pair of boots from bid recently, like wellies on the bottom and like fashion boots on the top, fur topping and laced up the front. First thing that I noticed is that after only one or two days of wear I could see the sole starting to erode, but being extremely thick soled it didn't worry me too much, secondly the mock leather trim on the boot itself cracked, it was around the back of the boot so I couldn't see it when I wore them so I continued to wear them. Yesterday they started to leak, I thought perhaps that the rain must be coming into the top, but when I got home, I realised that they'd worn so far down that the soles now had holes in them. I've just checked my account, and I bought them at the end of October - So they haven't even lasted a full three months. I should have trusted my instinct cos I bought a pair of ankle boots before, and they wore down pretty quickly and the stitching was all over the place, and a long time before that a pair of Tommy and Kate's finest sandals which were so stiff and uncomfortable to wear. Just thought I'd let you know especially since footwear is expensive to return and whilst they should refund all the p&p the money you spend in phonecalls to get it sorted out will soon suck that all up! I've noticed they're doing a few more proper brands now..but again I think I'll stick to the high street for bedding and footwear - it's not worth the risk.

On a good note just to be fair...I have found that their health and beauty section to pretty good, and believe it or not ,their watches and most of their costume jewellery i've had's been excellent - Don't touch "London Treasures" with a bargepole! I've been happy with most fashion items I've bought from them too!

Bought myself a cheap n' cheerful pair of boots from bid recently, like wellies on the bottom and like fashion boots on the top, fur topping and laced up the front. First thing that I noticed is that after only one or two days of wear I could see the sole starting to erode, but being extremely thick soled it didn't worry me too much, secondly the mock leather trim on the boot itself cracked, it was around the back of the boot so I couldn't see it when I wore them so I continued to wear them. Yesterday they started to leak, I thought perhaps that the rain must be coming into the top, but when I got home, I realised that they'd worn so far down that the soles now had holes in them. I've just checked my account, and I bought them at the end of October - So they haven't even lasted a full three months. I should have trusted my instinct cos I bought a pair of ankle boots before, and they wore down pretty quickly and the stitching was all over the place, and a long time before that a pair of Tommy and Kate's finest sandals which were so stiff and uncomfortable to wear. Just thought I'd let you know especially since footwear is expensive to return and whilst they should refund all the p&p the money you spend in phonecalls to get it sorted out will soon suck that all up! I've noticed they're doing a few more proper brands now..but again I think I'll stick to the high street for bedding and footwear - it's not worth the risk.

On a good note just to be fair...I have found that their health and beauty section to pretty good, and believe it or not ,their watches and most of their costume jewellery i've had's been excellent - Don't touch "London Treasures" with a bargepole! I've been happy with most fashion items I've bought from them too!

As ever some good product insight from you Merry and on this occasion advices that should be particularly easy to take heed of.

"Avoid their footwear unless it's branded" shouldn't be a problem, at all :mysmilie_59:

Why are you buying crap from them, merryone? Don't you ever learn?

Clearly not Greg, but I'm getting better honest!...... and still getting some decent stuff!QUOTE]

I've had some decent stuff too
It's a shame the quality of products seems to have declined
Many years ago I bought a bail of 4 bath sheets (the larger of the bath sheets! and they're still like new (about £7.99)
I also bought a pack of 2 duvet covers with pillow cases. They're great quality and, again, still look like new (about £9.99)
I could go on, my most recent purchase was a set of drop earrings with different coloured gem stones in each pair, they're really pretty
So, I've had some good buys from the channels and I'm very prepared to stand up and say that, but I think I'd struggle to find that quality of product as a meaningful bargain nowadays

Clearly not Greg, but I'm getting better honest!...... and still getting some decent stuff!QUOTE]

I've had some decent stuff too
It's a shame the quality of products seems to have declined
Many years ago I bought a bail of 4 bath sheets (the larger of the bath sheets! and they're still like new (about £7.99)
I also bought a pack of 2 duvet covers with pillow cases. They're great quality and, again, still look like new (about £9.99)
I could go on, my most recent purchase was a set of drop earrings with different coloured gem stones in each pair, they're really pretty
So, I've had some good buys from the channels and I'm very prepared to stand up and say that, but I think I'd struggle to find that quality of product as a meaningful bargain nowadays

I think most of us have bought some good stuff from them deedee but not so frequently in the last few years. I hope they improve their products because, to be frank, if they don't they'll possibly go bust.

And as they now expect us to wait up to 2 weeks for an item and still pay £7.99 for delivery it had better be worth waiting for if they expect repeat orders.:mysmilie_59:

Back to the footwear, Jenny Topp was selling a pair of trashy Cringles boots, and she said "they're not a hard stiff leather".....Crafty Jen, 'cause as well you know they're not leather at all, but of course a statement like this would heavily imply that they are - however, if challenged they can always say...yes, we've said they're NOT leather...gggrrr!

All I know about their footwear is that Sally doesn't buy it from Bid! She loves her high heels (I don't think Dr Cringles/Cringles come in high heels)!

oh my word Muttley, just the thought of Salleh in Cringles is hilarious, can you imagine??!!
I can't see gobby Topp wearing any of the Bid fashion either
goodness only knows what the professional models must think having to wear that stuff and say that they 'love it', 'it's perfect', 'I'd wear this for.....', 'you can dress this up, dress it down' etc.
I feel sorry for them!

Deedee, did you see Salleh last evening selling "granny slippers". Nothing wrong with that, a lot of people will like them. But she was raving about them, she tried them on and they were amazing etc. I only saw a couple of minutes when channel hopping but it was funny. She lovvvvvved them! And I believe her... (chuckle)

Deedee, did you see Salleh last evening selling "granny slippers". Nothing wrong with that, a lot of people will like them. But she was raving about them, she tried them on and they were amazing etc. I only saw a couple of minutes when channel hopping but it was funny. She lovvvvvved them! And I believe her... (chuckle)

I missed that particular delight Muttley but that's exactly what I'm talking about
As if she's actually wear that sort of thing herself
For me, she loses all credibility when she does that sort of stuff - all the presenters do
They can be sold without having to gush about them and rave about them, it's so false and unecessary
QVC manage it!

Latest posts

Back