Perfume week

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

joe69

Registered Shopper
Here we go again! Chanel no 5 Eau Premiere sold for far more than the internet price and other non-name perfumes being talked up.
I also get tired of the usual preamble- we normally only buy 30mls or if we are lucky 50mls but now 100mls. Most perfumes come in 50mls and 100mls and most people have bought 100mls of designer perfumes. So patronising! The other things people say are so ridiculous. I wish I could afford to buy this as if it is hundreds of pounds and kept in a vault somewhere. It is Chanel and is for sale in Boots!
Shlock always talks about some Prestige or Pergolese being in his top ten. Come on! As a fragrance expert, he would be counting Serge Lutens, Frederic Malle, Roja Dove, PureDistance, Tom Ford etc in his top ten long before some cheaply produced tat such as his own brand which are talked up as some amazing creations but are probably cheap, synthetic tat.
Rant over and don't get me started on the new 'snap-back' test for el cheapo Cyclax moisturiser!

I can't wait :( Sadly, Chanel No 5 smells awful, but that's by the by. As you say, very patronising. After smelling Sexxxxxxxy Shoo in Superdrug I wouldn't touch any of their 'perfumes'. Aargh, saw something else they sell beauty wise in Superdrug last week and have now typically forgotten it. Also saw today, the 'comfort bras' in poundy, do you think the ones at Bid are better quality????? :p Hideous cheap and nasty stinks, I'd rather have a small bottle of something like Ck one or Eternity Moment, than a vat load of Bid's carp.
Still, on a plus note, we get to Shylock smarming all over every fragrance, then refering to this webiste and the things we say with the smeg "I got one up on you" face which incites such anger in me I have to go punch a badger. (no badgers were harmed in the making of this post) :)

I can't wait :( Sadly, Chanel No 5 smells awful, but that's by the by. As you say, very patronising. After smelling Sexxxxxxxy Shoo in Superdrug I wouldn't touch any of their 'perfumes'. Aargh, saw something else they sell beauty wise in Superdrug last week and have now typically forgotten it. Also saw today, the 'comfort bras' in poundy, do you think the ones at Bid are better quality????? :p Hideous cheap and nasty stinks, I'd rather have a small bottle of something like Ck one or Eternity Moment, than a vat load of Bid's carp.
Still, on a plus note, we get to Shylock smarming all over every fragrance, then refering to this webiste and the things we say with the smeg "I got one up on you" face which incites such anger in me I have to go punch a badger. (no badgers were harmed in the making of this post) :)

Peter Sherlock probably dosen't like this forum because he has been caught red handed not once but twice in the space of a few months giving out completely false information about stock levels, 'this is the last of our stock, it will be 50 years before we get any more' only for 100+ of exactly the same rank stink being offered for sale the very next day. It's always 'just a mistake' of course, bad communication between presenter and producer and what not.

We're always watching you Peter, we very much like to! :mysmilie_17: We should add Peter LastOfStock to his list of names :mysmilie_59:

Jesus, selling Chanel no5 at the moment, now I like to watch bid for a laugh, but this is just embarrasing... Peter Simon almost had an orgasm, stamping his feet over it, giving Peter Lastofstock a high five, talking in his hushed whispered voice, cringeworthy.....

Imagine what Chanel would think if they knew their absolutely classic, world famous No.5 was being marketed with a bottle of Jean Paul DuPont next to it, no to mention Schlock's grid?

Hardly Marilyn Monroe is it? Mind you, it might give Debenhams some ideas :mysmilie_59:

NotMonroe.jpg

did Schlock refer to us on here cheesecake?
what sort of things did he say pray tell?

did Schlock refer to us on here cheesecake?
what sort of things did he say pray tell?

I'm guessing the Versailles fragrances. They now even show a brochure when they sell it and one of the pages even has a copy of the licence the Chinese/French company have to produce it.

But that was never disputed, we knew they had a licence and we talked about that on here. What we couldn't find (and still can't) is any establishment at Versailles that sell it which is what they always said.

It did cross my mind it's a case of 'they doth protest too much' but that's just me being silly. But to be honest who cares, there's more interesting things at the moment :mysmilie_59:

I'm guessing the Versailles fragrances. They now even show a brochure when they sell it and one of the pages even has a copy of the licence the Chinese/French company have to produce it.

But that was never disputed, we knew they had a licence and we talked about that on here. What we couldn't find (and still can't) is any establishment at Versailles that sell it which is what they always said.

It did cross my mind it's a case of 'they doth protest too much' but that's just me being silly. But to be honest who cares, there's more interesting things at the moment :mysmilie_59:

ah right, so Schlock was televisually thumbing his nose at us by showing us so called evidence?!
it's a bit saddening to realise that not much seems to be improving after all but that could just be me being silly now!
personally, I want them to improve and succeed, I want to watch the Situp channels, I enjoy them but I also want honesty, transparency and standards - now I really am being silly!
I know we probably can't change anything so I suppose all we can do is highlight where standards aren't being met

ah right, so Schlock was televisually thumbing his nose at us by showing us so called evidence?!
it's a bit saddening to realise that not much seems to be improving after all but that could just be me being silly now!
personally, I want them to improve and succeed, I want to watch the Situp channels, I enjoy them but I also want honesty, transparency and standards - now I really am being silly!
I know we probably can't change anything so I suppose all we can do is highlight where standards aren't being met

I'm merely speculating deedee, I don't know for sure as I didn't see it.

But to be frank the venerable Peter Sherlock (or any of them for that matter) are not really in a credible position to be criticising this forum, are they?

They might not like us but I suspect that's only because we have unearthed one or two let's say slightly unusual practices, so to speak.

I'm merely speculating deedee, I don't know for sure as I didn't see it.

But to be frank the venerable Peter Sherlock (or any of them for that matter) are not really in a credible position to be criticising this forum, are they?

They might not like us but I suspect that's only because we have unearthed one or two let's say slightly unusual practices, so to speak.

sorry Wirral, I didn't mean to suggest that you were stating fact, I fully appreciate that it was speculation on your part
I can see why they might not like us very much, it's probably because we don't take what they say and do at face value

sorry Wirral, I didn't mean to suggest that you were stating fact, I fully appreciate that it was speculation on your part
I can see why they might not like us very much, it's probably because we don't take what they say and do at face value

They deserve everything they get and more.

Take the 'free £10 credits' for example. The stooges stand there screaming '£10 credit £10 credit' but when their loyal customers come to try and use them they'll find there's very little they can actually spend them on.

It's showing sheer contempt for the customer. But it surely won't work long term, they'll seal their own fate with that kind of carrying on.

You can only kid people for so long, I had such high hopes for the new management but it dosen't look like much has changed thus far.

In fact it would be easy to think it's worse.

He was showing something and said "wow Shocked-face" a few times, with this awful awful smug grin which made me want to be ill. He did call himself another name we refer to him on here, but for the life of me I can't remember, was clearly obvious though. Hideous man :(

As regards "decent" perfumes, there are so many offers around. I got 200 mls of CKB last year for £21 in Superdrug. I certainly don't need to buy gallons of unheard of tatt.

I hope you're all enjoying Fragrance Week with Bid TV's very own Artisan Perfumier, Monsieur Schlock.

Just a heads up that later today he offers (among others) JPD, Laurelle and J Lo for your delectation. And tomorrow he has Versailles, no doubt with tales of a past life.

'ooh d'ya know I first came across this fragrance when I was Head Courtier to Marie Antoinette and she kindly gave me a few bottles just before they knocked her block off'

Courtier.jpg

I used to like Peter Sherlock, I remember he used to come on here and join in a bit of banter. But I don't like the way he acts with cheap fragrances acting like they are really exclusive. I remember a few months ago they used to sell Bijan Nude (I think it was called). They used to rave about it, how exclusive it was etc. I found it in Beauty Base (a discount perfume shop). I stupidly sprayed it on my skin instead of sniffing the bottle. It was vile and lasted absolutely hours even though I tried washing my wrist. I also find their sales of Betty Boop really creepy. All that "She is the embodiment of woman" etc etc. She was a cartoon character and nothing more. And I can't say I liked that when I tested it (maybe I an just fussy). On another note, my elderly mum who has used Channel Number 5 for decades saw some of the presentation with Dirty Pete, Perfume Pete and Elisa and had to swtich off. She said it felt like they were tainting the product with the way they were talking about it. Dirty Pete made her feel ill (but he has that effect on most of us by the sound of it).

I used to like Peter Sherlock, I remember he used to come on here and join in a bit of banter. But I don't like the way he acts with cheap fragrances acting like they are really exclusive. I remember a few months ago they used to sell Bijan Nude (I think it was called). They used to rave about it, how exclusive it was etc. I found it in Beauty Base (a discount perfume shop). I stupidly sprayed it on my skin instead of sniffing the bottle. It was vile and lasted absolutely hours even though I tried washing my wrist. I also find their sales of Betty Boop really creepy. All that "She is the embodiment of woman" etc etc. She was a cartoon character and nothing more. And I can't say I liked that when I tested it (maybe I an just fussy). On another note, my elderly mum who has used Channel Number 5 for decades saw some of the presentation with Dirty Pete, Perfume Pete and Elisa and had to swtich off. She said it felt like they were tainting the product with the way they were talking about it. Dirty Pete made her feel ill (but he has that effect on most of us by the sound of it).

Mutley I sympathise with your Mum but imagine how Chanel must feel seeing their carefully nurtured classic brand absolutely mauled by those three?

They must be absolutely devastated. And they clearly have no respect for the brand, they plonked a bottle of Jean Paul DuPont next to it in their promotions not to mention a massive image of Schlock's grinning grid.

And if that isn't bad enough they even charge more for it ml for ml than authorised Chanel retailers. What a way to treat an icon.

Mutley I sympathise with your Mum but imagine how Chanel must feel seeing their carefully nurtured classic brand absolutely mauled by those three?

They must be absolutely devastated. And they clearly have no respect for the brand, they plonked a bottle of Jean Paul DuPont next to it in their promotions not to mention a massive image of Schlock's grinning grid.

And if that isn't bad enough they even charge more for it ml for ml than authorised Chanel retailers. What a way to treat an icon.

That is an interesting point about Channel, and I didn't realise it was dearer than normal retailers (as opposed to the internet). They go on about being "perfume experts" or "dealing in perfume/fashion/leather for nigh on 20 years" but then rave about JPD like it is a high end brand. That is when I lose respect for them. There are perfumes of all prices out there but just sell them appropriately.

That is an interesting point about Channel, and I didn't realise it was dearer than normal retailers (as opposed to the internet). They go on about being "perfume experts" or "dealing in perfume/fashion/leather for nigh on 20 years" but then rave about JPD like it is a high end brand. That is when I lose respect for them. There are perfumes of all prices out there but just sell them appropriately.

The size of that particular bottle of Chanel that Bid are selling isn't (as far as i'm aware, happy to be corrected) generally available in Official Chanel retailers in the UK so comparing it ml for ml with what is available it's considerably more expensive.

If money wasn't changing hands this lot (with a few notable exceptions) would just be highly entertaining, think the very early rounds of X Factor and Britain's Got Talent and you're not far off the mark.

But sadly money is changing hands, millions, which kind of makes me quite sad and often angry. I honestly don't know how some of them sleep at night but to be fair to them (and like many of us) I doubt they are in any position to be choosy in their choice of employer.

Latest posts

Back