Time for a bidtv revamp ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
About time situp revamped bidtv and pricedrop. What presenters would you let go and what products least often on air ?

I think they should change Price-Drop into just a Beauty & Fragrance channel.

It would be called Schlock-Drop, it's on screen logo would be a picture of Shocked Face.

image.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I am the last person that Peter Simon would want to walk through that door

I personally am not ruthless enough to go on a sacking spree, however I'd kick Peter Simon up the arse and treat him like a child until he learns compliance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I am the last person that Peter Simon would want to walk through that door

I personally am not ruthless enough to go on a sacking spree, however I'd kick Peter Simon up the arse and treat him like a child until he learns compliance.

I'd sack all the cabaret acts, no hesitation. They might appeal to a certain group but I personally think they could be a massive turn off for too many people, certainly potential new customers.

But as for the two who are on now? Lord Sugar, take it away......:mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

I'd sack all the cabaret acts, no hesitation. They might appeal to a certain group but I personally think they could be a massive turn off for too many people, certainly potential new customers.

View attachment 9984

I believe Peter Simon can be an asset for the channel without having to resort to flat out bullshit. There would be no more ''bet'' unless bet actually exists. Which I'm fairly confident she doesn't.

I believe Peter Simon can be an asset for the channel without having to resort to flat out bullshit. There would be no more ''bet'' unless bet actually exists. Which I'm fairly confident she doesn't.

He embodies everything naff, crass, cheap, downmarket and low rent about these channels.

I'm afraid it would be a not so fond farewell to Gollum as well, he's just awful. And I'm sad to say it but Lisa would be permanently retreating to the world of internet telly as well. She's certainly a one off on Shopping TV but there's probably a good reason for that.

I think she's found her niche on the web, I hope she makes a fortune from it. Genuinely.

He embodies everything naff, crass, cheap, downmarket and low rent about these channels.

I'm afraid it would be a not so fond farewell to Gollum as well, he's just awful.

The thing with Mike is I think he is more suited to presenting as opposed to selling...

In some ways, I miss quizcall

The thing with Mike is I think he is more suited to presenting as opposed to selling...

In some ways, I miss quizcall

I'd happily see him leave to do one of those Roulette programmes that are on at 2am but I doubt he has the right look or sound for it.

I don't miss QuizCall, it made Bid seem reputable!

I'd happily see him leave to do one of those Roulette programmes that are on at 2am but I doubt he has the right look or sound for it.

I don't miss QuizCall, it made Bid seem reputable!

Keep in mind, I saw quizcall for what it was and was never once tempted to pick up the phone

You do know that he pays a lot of money to be treated like that!

I think they need to do BID Bingo every 30 minutes.. Peter Simon doing the calling... He used to work at the BBC you know..... Then back to selling with whoever... That way we get PS only in small doses ...! Ah Bet standing at his side, no. 8 one fat lady!!!

View attachment 9984

Can't we ask Alan Sugar to come in and cast his eye over the business. I would pay good money to see that lot sat in front of him when he tells them how rubbish they are. Beforing firing them.

Can't we ask Alan Sugar to come in and cast his eye over the business. I would pay good money to see that lot sat in front of him when he tells them how rubbish they are. Beforing firing them.

I fear he would say ''so what is this ****** business model'' they would then say ''we sell poundland items for £20... and people actually phone up and buy it''

About time situp revamped bidtv and pricedrop. What presenters would you let go and what products least often on air ?

Believe me if I got hold of some presenters I would never let them go ;-) *

* this comment is purely for comedic reasons and I in no way wish any physical harm to any bid employees.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Although there's a few presenters I'm not that keen on (eg, the frumpster), they can stay, I'd even let Peter Simon stay, but there would have to be a long list of conditions and the first one would be that he is not allowed to present anything connected with food - in fact he's not allowed NEAR food whilst he's on camera, he must learn to speak coherently, and must not mention bodily functions in any way shape or form! Gollum on the other hand has got to go, sorry Golls but there's nothing likeable about you whatsoever - You're aggressive, a braggart, you're sexist, rude and saaaand like a barra boi! Even when you're being "nice" eg "I woz arways brawt up to open doors for laydeez and not to swear wen laydeez are present in the room" - it still doesn't sound very endearing, just rather annoying and sexist - Politeness should apply to everybody you meet!

Products I'd get rid of - battery operated tat and throws...ffs you can buy them everywhere and for a damn sight less than when you have to add £8 and the cost of a phonecall onto the price. The really big ones are £9.99 in Poundstretcher, smaller ones are considerably less!

Although there's a few presenters I'm not that keen on (eg, the frumpster), they can stay, I'd even let Peter Simon stay, but there would have to be a long list of conditions and the first one would be that he is not allowed to present anything connected with food - in fact he's not allowed NEAR food whilst he's on camera, he must learn to speak coherently, and must not mention bodily functions in any way shape or form! Gollum on the other hand has got to go, sorry Golls but there's nothing likeable about you whatsoever - You're aggressive, a braggart, you're sexist, rude and saaaand like a barra boi! Even when you're being "nice" eg "I woz arways brawt up to open doors for laydeez and not to swear wen laydeez are present in the room" - it still doesn't sound very endearing, just rather annoying and sexist - Politeness should apply to everybody you meet!

Products I'd get rid of - battery operated tat and throws...ffs you can buy them everywhere and for a damn sight less than when you have to add £8 and the cost of a phonecall onto the price. The really big ones are £9.99 in Poundstretcher, smaller ones are considerably less!

I have to agree with you Merry about Gollum, his style is probably fine for a QuizCall type show at 2am but I doubt he's right for an inclusive shopping channel.

But to be totally honest i'm beginning to wonder if they can be turned around at all without really drastic changes and that is a real shame, they are a complete shambles. To expect people to wait up to 2 weeks for a parcel when the delivery charge often costs much more than the product is extraordinary and quite a way from normal business practice not to mention the standard customers expect in 2014.

It would be easy to think the bosses at Sit-Up reckon we customers don't have much choice than to accept such poor service just so they can improve their balance sheet. I have news for them!

Mike annoys me when selling Buddhas when he says he "tries to be the best person he can be". Try presenting yourself as a decent human being and not an unfunny 1970s comedian.

Last edited:
I think they need to do BID Bingo every 30 minutes.. Peter Simon doing the calling... He used to work at the BBC you know..... Then back to selling with whoever... That way we get PS only in small doses ...! Ah Bet standing at his side, no. 8 one fat lady!!!

I think you maybe on to something, When I see the advertisement below I just want to spend spend spend :mysmilie_14:

kcy0l2.jpg

Latest posts

Back