Debbie Greenwood wipes the floor with the other presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Sit-Up must be paying her an awful lot for her to be peddling their crap.

Clearly a league above everyone else there. It's a breath of fresh air not to hear about 'Bet' and 'Her Little Boy' or making exaggerated claims about the products or making 'polyfiller' crap up, as some of the presenters do. She's calm and non-hysterical. The other presenters need to take a leaf out of her book. Seriously.

If nothing else she brings a bit of calm elegance to a mostly vulgar spectacle.

Personally I'd be quite surprised if she's a long term fixture at the channel though, that's if it lasts.

If nothing else she brings a bit of calm elegance to a mostly vulgar spectacle.

Personally I'd be quite surprised if she's a long term fixture at the channel though, that's if it lasts.

I agree, I don't think Debbie will stay, she's way better than that
What gets me is that Debbie can sell a product with the facts, calmness, sophistication and class and yet Split Ends has to screech and squawk like a fishwife whilst shoving her botoxed face up against the camera, definitely no class, no calmness, no sophistication and very few facts - not even 'working' days for the delivery policy
Debbie is proof that products can be sold with compliance and honesty (and lots of 'oh my gosh'!!)

I agree, I don't think Debbie will stay, she's way better than that
What gets me is that Debbie can sell a product with the facts, calmness, sophistication and class and yet Split Ends has to screech and squawk like a fishwife whilst shoving her botoxed face up against the camera, definitely no class, no calmness, no sophistication and very few facts - not even 'working' days for the delivery policy
Debbie is proof that products can be sold with compliance and honesty (and lots of 'oh my gosh'!!)

Debbie is delightful but seriously miscast. Split Ends has been particularly disagreeable tonight, for me she really is quite off putting. Teaming her up with Schlock just adds to the overall unpleasantness and down market spectacle.

Phoney Baloney, to sum up it was a quite atrocious sight really.

Appalling.

Debbie is delightful but seriously miscast. Split Ends has been particularly disagreeable tonight, for me she really is quite off putting. Teaming her up with Schlock just adds to the overall unpleasantness really.

Phoney Baloney, to sum up it was a quite atrocious sight really.

Appalling.

Yes Wirral, I've only been watching her for a short while but Split Ends seems particularly off-putting tonight
she's hard sell at the best of times but she's really excelling herself in that area tonight - delivery is 'working days' Sally, some people just won't comply!

Yes Wirral, I've only been watching her for a short while but Split Ends seems particularly off-putting tonight
she's hard sell at the best of times but she's really excelling herself in that area tonight - delivery is 'working days' Sally, some people just won't comply!

I've give up with the delivery timescale mixed messages and by the look of their terrible sales I don't think I'm alone.

I think they are doomed.

I've give up with the delivery mixed messages and by the look of their terrible sales I don't think I'm alone.

I must learn to take note of how many products they sell
I must admit, I'm not very observant about that sort of thing
but it is a mixed message as 'working day' is very different from just 'days' - there really needs to be consistency here

I must learn to take note of how many products they sell
I must admit, I'm not very observant about that sort of thing
but it is a mixed message as 'working day' is very different from just 'days' - there really needs to be consistency here

Sally has been going on about Valentines gifts then on one sale she said they hope the items will arrive in time but they can't guarantee it.

It's only the 5th today! If they think that's acceptable when they charge £7.99 then sadly I think they are finished, I really do.

I had a look at Debbie's Twitter. When people ask her where she's working now, she always says she's working @BidTV "at the moment".

Hmm.

She's seems nice and she's easy to watch. Definitely the best Bid presenter. Oh, my gosh!

I was having a nose at her rather nice villa on the Algarve last night. At least she can have a nice holiday when she leaves Bid!

I really hope she stays. :song:

I do and I don't Greg. Selfishly I do but for her own sake I hope she dosen't.

As far as I'm aware she hasn't done anything to deserve sharing the same stage with people like Peter Simon and Mike Mason.

It's like putting Jeremy Paxman on Jeremy Kyle.

oh dear, Debbie is having to toe the corporate line
she's selling the DOTD which is various bedding products (duvet, mattress toppers, pillows)
they seem quite expensive to me (£44.99 for a king size duvet) and, when it came to the mattress toppers at £54.99 she said something like 'be honest, you were expecting twice that much weren't you?, I was'
is this the slippery slope? I hope not

she's selling the DOTD which is various bedding products (duvet, mattress toppers, pillows)
they seem quite expensive to me (£44.99 for a king size duvet) and, when it came to the mattress toppers at £54.99 she said something like 'be honest, you were expecting twice that much weren't you?, I was'

I feel for her, I really do.

I feel for her, I really do.

God it's ****** painful viewing. I'm not a massive fan of DG. I could take her or leave her on Q but she is totally wrong for BID. I feel like she could break down into tears at any second and tell everyone to just F@&K off!!...

. I think she was being totally honest. As you have to remember she is probably comparing prices with that really expensive range Northern Nights on QVC, so this range would seem low priced after years of that. I think she would've gladly curled up and fallen asleep. It did look cosy, didn't it? Any body bought Downland products before? I'm tempted!

. I think she was being totally honest. As you have to remember she is probably comparing prices with that really expensive range Northern Nights on QVC, so this range would seem low priced after years of that. I think she would've gladly curled up and fallen asleep. It did look cosy, didn't it? Any body bought Downland products before? I'm tempted!

While there's nothing inherently wrong with Downland products they are just everyday, mass produced products. They are fine but nothing special, they are sold by many retailers. They have little in common with Northern Nights.

If you're tempted I'd suggesting having a look online, there's a good chance you'll find them elsewhere for less and you probably won't have to wait up to an inexplicable 14 working days for delivery yet pay £7.99 for the privilege.

Latest posts

Back