A downright cheeky out of order tactic by I.W

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
Just been on Ideal World website looking at tablets put 1 in basket went to checkout but changed mind because easy pay details weren't coming up. Five minutes later phone rings and man from heaven knows where, Manilla or Mexico for all I know asks why I haven't completed order and can he help me. I gave him short shrift and will be changing contact details. Is this regular move by I.W? I don't like it one bit.

You often get it with websites, you pop something in your basket and you get a email later, never had a call from anyone though !

Yes, I have had it and it really annoyed me! Talk about being watched! As it was a birthday present for my OH I was considering and he answered the phone I was really cross with IW. You don't expect your surprises to be revealed in such a cheeky way.

Not exactly on topic but if you're on the lookout for a new phone and broadband deal don't ever enter your current phone number on the talk talk website when it asks you to so you can see what services are available unless you are absolutely sure you want to order there and then.

They will literally hound you and I mean hound, I had to email their CEO's office to put a stop to the ultra aggressive marketing calls, it went on night and day for weeks. I kid you not.

Just type in your postcode and house number!

I was the poster who said I liked it well more my dad did, but he don't really do forums.

Our internet connection went funny, and it cut off at th end of the order, and within seconds, they phone him up, my dad told them how nice it was for them to check, I think he might have said to them actually other channels wouldn't have bothered.

Guess its a service which you would appreciate if you were trying to order something, but miht not if you thought they were harasssing

Think they tend to do it with higher priced items. They have done it to me a couple of times, and yes was trying to put an order through and struggling with putting in numbers and then giving in!! Found it really helpful. But I've never had it on lower priced items... To me that is what customer service is about.

Yeah when they phoned my dad, I think he ordered the Kenwood Chef, and some Toys for family members, so it was quite big, and he was grateful he said QVC, wouldn't have given a toss, it must be if you spend a lot.

I've had emails from sites for small items that I decided not to buy (not enough other items available to either qualify for free P+P or to justify the high cost of P+P) and left the site. So now I make sure I empty my basket before I leave and it hasn't happened since.

Perhaps it's helpful for some, that they phone when you may have problems but if you decide not to buy it may be worth ensuring you empty your basket before you leave and hopefully they won't call.

Would never shop with IW, the customer service is abominably below what any retailer or business should offer. I shop online a lot and, after leaving things in my basket, have received an email, asking if I needed any assistance. There is a huge difference, however, between an email, which can be simply deleted if unnecessary, and a direct 'telemarketing' phone call. I would be extremely angry, and find it very intrusive, if I received a call reminding me I hadn't checked out, and what was the problem kind of spiel. It does smack of desperation. If I did shop with the channel, this would cause me to refrain from doing so in future. I would be particularly disappointed if the Q started to do this. Fortunately, I don't think it will.

Qvc do send out emails if you have had something in your basket and not completed the order, there was a thread on the Qvc part of the forum a month or so ago about it.

I don't like customer service people doing that either. It happened me before that a guy rang my mobile and asked why I was browsing the o2 site the previous night. I was really shocked and wondered why he would ask me in that tone as it sounded like I'd done something wrong. All I was doing was just looking at the latest phones to see which one I'd get next. The even weirder thing was I didn't even log in on the o2 site so it must have kept me logged in from days or weeks before. I always check new phone features on Carphone Warehouse since.

You should seek customer service not them intrude on you unexpectedly. I also hate going on a website and a box pops up asking if I want help when it's perfectly clear already were to get help if I needed it.

Latest posts

Back