The departure of Lord Kean

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Probably not a big surprise, he could be quite funny but his caustic wit was perhaps a little bit too caustic of late. And it's perhaps not the smartest move for a man to potentially insult half his female audience but I wish him well, he's well out of it.

But there's another old queen that they could really do with getting shut of :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

No he just says the new brooms have swept him out

I suspect he'll be one of several faces saying goodbye, they need a really good shake up.

Take Mike Mason, he's useless when out of his comfort zone. He just had 45 necklaces and sold just 2, he even appeared to be acting a little bit camp to help things along but it didn't work.

Did he say anything on air about it, does anyone know?

I didn't see it but even if he knew I doubt he'd mention it if he was pushed, which sadly appears to be the case.

Whose next? Elisa Portelli hasn't been on for 2 weeks and Peter never even mentioned her name today from what I saw.

Probably not a big surprise, he could be quite funny but his caustic wit was perhaps a little bit too caustic of late. And it's perhaps not the smartest move for a man to potentially insult half his female audience but I wish him well, he's well out of it.

But there's another old queen that they could really do with getting shut of :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 10102

I think that one'll go down with the ship, unless the BBC sling him a lifesaver :giggle:

Aw he had this to say on FB too

Sad day for me but I will be fine. Feel let down. I went to work on the day I knew my mother was dying a couple of months back. I didn't want to let them down. What a berk I was

Sad day for me but I will be fine. Feel let down. I went to work on the day I knew my mother was dying a couple of months back. I didn't want to let them down. What a berk I was

Oh dear. He'll bounce back, there's no use getting bitter as I'm sure most of us on here have been fired at some point, it happens.

Not that it helps him but I strongly suspect he won't be alone though, the channels appear all over the place and I sense a desperation. The way they are going overboard on the Skin Pharmacy bullshit is worse than the old lot ever did.

And Dirty Peter looks positively haggard, I don't like the man at all but it's not worth making yourself ill over.

Seems the management has as much contempt for their presenters as they do their customers.

Seems the management has as much contempt for their presenters as they do their customers.

Indeed but let's not forget that Guy was happy to play along with all the contemptuous bullshit, his £10 credit spiel was often disgraceful. He basically suggested you were getting items that cost £10 or less for free. Appalling.

I'm sorry he lost his job but to be blunt he's had his snout in the Sit-Up trough for years. It's the customers I reserve most of my sympathy for.

But I wish him well, to be frank I don't know how they can work there as a face of the channels anyway if they have a conscience, he seemed quite content to play along with the BS far more than say Andy or, more recently, Debbie.

But I can't help think he's well out of it. Bid is looking more and more like it's on borrowed time.

It's starting to make sense now, quite a few departures the last few months, Andy Hodgson, I'm almost certain that Birkett was fired too - don't think he's moved onto another job. Wouldn't be surprised if Elisa has gone too - they probably don't want to pay for 2 presenters and feel Peter the Great can do the Monday show on his own. I would imagine the likes of Far might be next.

Last edited:

View attachment 10102

Charlie McArdle left ages ago :cheeky::cheeky:

It's starting to make sense now, quite a few departures the last few months, I'm almost certain that Birkett was fired too - don't think he's moved onto another job. Wouldn't be surprised if Elisa has gone too - they probably don't want to pay for 2 presenters and feel Peter the Great can do the Monday show on his own. I would imagine the likes of Far might be next.

I agree but I honestly can't believe how slow sales are. No exaggeration here but Mason is barely selling anything, it's astonishing.

Then again the stock is even more repetitive than ever, I guess there's only so many viewers and if they want something they may well have already bought it.

He seems to have been treated badly - he said that he did his shift today and ended by saying he would be back on next Friday...and they fired him straight after that shift. I know he's freelance, but still it would be courteous to give a bit of notice.

Perhaps one of the reasons why the channel is so shoddy and comes across as unprofessional is due to the utter lack of staff morale.

Let's face it, Guy was never a 'great' presenter - he mostly just said the phone number - but he was strangely entertaining to watch and I for one will miss it.

He seems to have been treated badly - he said that he did his shift today and ended by saying he would be back on next Friday...and they fired him straight after that shift. I know he's freelance, but still it would be courteous to give a bit of notice.

Perhaps one of the reasons why the channel is so shoddy and comes across as unprofessional is due to the utter lack of staff morale.

Let's face it, Guy was never a 'great' presenter - he mostly just said the phone number - but he was strangely entertaining to watch and I for one will miss it.

The people who control Bid now are clearly ruthless cost cutters, just look at what they've done with the delivery service?

But I noticed with Guy over the last few weeks he was becoming increasingly acerbic, he really was. I'm not sure a shopping channel is really the right place to insult your audience even if it's meant to be humorous.

I suspect a lot of viewers wouldn't get the joke. But he was different, I'll give him that :mysmilie_59:

Sales are slow because the presenters are being made to sell utter sh*t.

The whole network needs a new start with a new way of selling some actually decent products that will attract more than just the elderly and the stupid. Auction telly looks very dated these days.

Latest posts

Back