Usb internet radio..amazing!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I bought an internet radio from price drop, it cost me just £16 incl p&p, it's a little usb device, you just plug into your usb port and it works straight away, you can get all genres of radio stations from all over the world, and it's totally amazing....well worth buying!

I bought an internet radio from price drop, it cost me just £16 incl p&p, it's a little usb device, you just plug into your usb port and it works straight away, you can get all genres of radio stations from all over the world, and it's totally amazing....well worth buying!

I got one too. I thought it was a great idea only mine doesn't seem to work. I'll try it on another computer tonight.

I got one too. I thought it was a great idea only mine doesn't seem to work. I'll try it on another computer tonight.
I was thinking of buying one but was holding off (thank god) because the Seal freeview tv usb dongle i bought doesn't work on my laptop or the computer :(
So think i'll wait to see if you can get yours to work Eagle Eye before i even think of buying it :54:

I plugged mine in, and it didn't automatically launch like they said it would, so I went to "my computer" and saw it in one of the drives and clicked on that, it launched straight away, and I just had to tick the t's and C's box, select English as the language, and that was it. It also worked fine on my laptop too...and for the price I paid for it, it wouldn't have been a great loss had it not worked, I'd have just sent it back for a full refund...and I have to say I've had a couple of hassle free refunds for the sit up channels before. Go for it, that's what I'd say! 'cause it is absolutely brilliant!

And even without it launching immediately, I had it up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Now it's set up it does just plug and play, which is good, I'm listening to radio Gibraltar at the moment, they're playing some 80's cheese!

Why would you use a plug in internet radio, there are loads on the internet available or am i being thick ?

What does it do then, sounds intresting ive not heard of them before, does it just store a load of internet web links or something ?

What does it do then, sounds intresting ive not heard of them before, does it just store a load of internet web links or something ?

It's got lists of genres everything from folk, jazz, classical 80's,..everything, then there's a list of countries, you can choose from...it is good believe me, and it's really easy to find what you want quickly.

I know it's off topic but, for the Freeview TV dongle, do you need to have Windows Media Centre on your computer?

It's got lists of genres everything from folk, jazz, classical 80's,..everything, then there's a list of countries, you can choose from...it is good believe me, and it's really easy to find what you want quickly.

Ah right, sounds like a memory stick with preloaded software, might get one

Ah right, sounds like a memory stick with preloaded software, might get one

For the price, you can't go wrong tbh, it says it updates all the latest stations etc, you can record stuff, though I've not done that..but the best thing, as I say, it's just so easy to navigate, and everythings set out in logical order. Let us know how you get on with it if you do get one?

I've got a Freeview TV dongle although not the same brand as yours and it works fantastically on both the desktop and my lappy.
I don't use Media Centre though as the EPG was never fully populated.
I use DVB Viewer Pro and it's fantastic.
Do you need to update your drivers Snaba?

Can anyone please provide a link for the Radio USB gizmo?

Thanks.

OK. I tried it on another computer and it works a treat. I'd make a couple of comments, though, which might be a bit helpful.

1. Yes it is a P and P dongle with pre-loaded software. I am sure that you can replicate a lot of it yourself with time, effort and a lot of digging. There are plenty of internet sites but this is portable and very easy to use. You can carry it about with you and plug it wherever and it keeps all your faves etc. I bought it for my wife (who's not that computer savvy) and she's taken to it well.

2. My initial problems were with a wireless network. I eventually got it working on another computer wirelessly. I am still trying to work out what was up with computer #1. My take away from this is that it is probably OK but, if using wirelessly, you MAY need to do some digging into the computer and firewall settings to work out what's up. I still haven't solved the issue on computer #1 yet and I am used to such things. On the other hand, you may not have any problems at all. :)

Generally, though, I'd give it the thumbs up.

I've got a Freeview TV dongle although not the same brand as yours and it works fantastically on both the desktop and my lappy.
I don't use Media Centre though as the EPG was never fully populated.
I use DVB Viewer Pro and it's fantastic.
Do you need to update your drivers Snaba?

Can anyone please provide a link for the Radio USB gizmo?

Thanks.

Not the same one but you will get the gist.

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/review...859/iradiopop-usb-internet-radio-player.phtml

If this is the VEGA USB dongle then check the websites for product descriptions. This has gone extremely low in the past few weeks. I though £7.99 was good but it has gone for less than a fiver. Some of shopping channels have Audio and Vision themed half hours which include products with USB connectors. I have the 4-port USB hub and some items will work with these rather than by a direct USB connection. When I plug in to the hub then to the Windows XP PC, it says to plug into the USB 2 port instead for a better operation. Plug and Play should work OK but I can't say it's worked OK all the time for USB devices and their adapters.

I checked http://www.bid.tv and used the search option for vega and found 8 were available today. Also check http://www.price-drop.tv and http://www.speedauction.tv

Latest posts

Back