Lily O'Briens Chocolates

• Thread starter StumpyBloke (old account)
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

StumpyBloke (old account)

Guest Shopper
G'day all.

I ordered the 2 boxes of Lily O'Briens 48 piece special on IW the other week for just under a tenner. They came within 3 working days which I was very impressed with - what I wasnt impressed with at all was the flavour (or lack-of) of the chocs themselves - bland, bland and bland!

I thought I would rather eat my own vom than try to get this resolved with IW Customer Services so instead, I emailed Lily O'Briens themselves. I had a very courteous and prompt reply from a lady over in Ireland asking me to send a few back. I hadnt done that yet, but this afty had a call from LO'B. A very friendly lady asked me for my address so they could send out some more to me. She also confirmed that they have had a lot of complaints from IW customers over this exact same problem!! Apparently IW havent been storing them correctly! (no surprise there then)

Anyways, full respect to Lily O'Briens for this superb customer service - well done to them!! And IW, well you make me ****!!!

Rich

I had them once and found them lovely, very tasty indeed, sorry yours wasn't up to sratch.

If they were featured on the show I'm thinking of they kept stressing over and over that they had a shorter shelf life than normal and that's why they were so cheap.

If they were featured on the show I'm thinking of they kept stressing over and over that they had a shorter shelf life than normal and that's why they were so cheap.

Yip I think thats the show I bought them from. The lady at LO'B said if stored right, they would be ok till the end of December even though the best-before-date is end of October. Looks like IW have dropped another b******!!

Yip I think thats the show I bought them from. The lady at LO'B said if stored right, they would be ok till the end of December even though the best-before-date is end of October. Looks like IW have dropped another b******!!

I was tempted by the offer but the fact they kept stressing the shelf life niggled me, I had the feeling that f I ordered them there would be something wrong with them......such is my faith in IW. :)

If I was Lily O'B I would be hopping mad, what terrible publicity for their range.

To Ideal World's defence (OMG) I bought some Lily O Briens chocs from Morrisons and they were exactly as you described, they all tasted the same and very very bland.

I've read complaints on here before too saying there are nowhere near as nice as expected with all the hype, so maybe you will find the same with the ones you get sent again.

I wasn't impressed at all, not a patch on Thorntons.

I bought some from IW and ended up throwing the last layer. they did look like they'd been in the sun too long, but I'm certainly not trying any more of them, give me thorntons anyday!

I bought the same"offer"from IW and was pretty underwhelmed although mine had a best-before date of Feb 09. For really good chocolates,tryThe Chocolate Tasting Club--a totally different selection sent out every month(or less often as you choose ).They're part of the Hotel Chocolat set-up,and the chocolates are glorious.!

Thinking about it, my box had a token in it saying order online and get 10% off you next order, pah even if they offered 90% off, I wouldn't bother!

Latest posts

Back