Aviator DOTD

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mipsy

Registered Shopper
I just watched bid briefly and saw james russel say a few times that the dotd Aviator watch was a Volmax Aviator watch. Dirty Peter last night kept saying over and over that its a Russian watch. However that gift set looks like an in-flight gift set (no doubt discontinued) in which case it is produced, under license, by the uk company Scorpio who are licensed to use the Aviator brand name to manufacture and sell watches in airports and on aircrafts. If that is the case it is not a Volmax watch nor is it russian or made in russia.

Of course I could be wrong and it is in fact one of the high quality expensive Russian made Aviator watches manufactured by Volmax.

I can't understand why Im so sceptical about bids claims and think instead that they are being deceitful.

I just watched bid briefly and saw james russel say a few times that the dotd Aviator watch was a Volmax Aviator watch. Dirty Peter last night kept saying over and over that its a Russian watch. However that gift set looks like an in-flight gift set (no doubt discontinued) in which case it is produced, under license, by the uk company Scorpio who are licensed to use the Aviator brand name to manufacture and sell watches in airports and on aircrafts. If that is the case it is not a Volmax watch nor is it russian or made in russia.

Of course I could be wrong and it is in fact one of the high quality expensive Russian made Aviator watches manufactured by Volmax.

I can't understand why Im so sceptical about bids claims and think instead that they are being deceitful.

Knowing Bid as I do now after watching for many, many months, I fully expect and could almost stake my life on the fact that it is..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................n't

Nah - The pen n' cufflinks combo doesn't exactly scream precision Russian craftmanship to me? Gift set in duty free shop - slightly more - Argos catalogue ,even more than that!

I was watching Russell's charade too.

Needless to say he was talking not only a load of cobblers but why in gods name (if it is made in Russia/tested by aviators) would anyone care about a watch flying at a couple of mach? I mean it's not like most of us will ever fly at that speed?

I once flew in a charter plane at around mach 1 above the Atlantic Ocean with a £10 Casio calculator watch. Not only did I look cool but I could add/subtract/multiply and divide! Beat that Russell you hob nob :mysmilie_17:

I missed this particular deal of the deal, I must admit id of been surprised if I'd seen they were selling an Aviator watch even though some are quite cheap & poor looking. With Bid they sell them other watches that sound a bit like Aviator... Avi-8 I think they were called, I once saw one of them for sale at Cex and it was horrible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back