frustration

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

crosspatch

Registered Shopper
Do you ever get frustrated with the legnth of time some presenters take over 1 item ? I have been watching tonight expecting a tanzanite avalanche at 9 which never happened, and now Matt has taken nearly 25 mins for 1 necklace and I was looking forward to seeing more diamonds, sigh, Adina is another who runs so late we get half a show, both are I am sure lovely people but I am a bit fed up right now , oh well

Welcome crosspatch. I agree they go on a bit on one thing and it's boring. I prefeferred the old days when you got a complete summary at the beginning of what would be coming up in the show and a summary at the end if what we had seen (they can exclude the sold out items if the law says they must)

I completely agree. Show us the item, get the price straight down and if there are no takers, move on. The worst offender is the Jewellery Channel spending a whole HOUR on the One to Own. Totally unnecessary.

Hi Crosspatch and welcome.

Yes, I agree also, it is frustrating, all the price teasing and time stalling. They say that they shift a lot of items but IMO they would shift a whole lot more if they just got straight down to the price and cut the cr*p. Plus, I am getting fed up with all the geology lessons, yes a bit of background is interesting but they over milk it for me and I am fed up with endless VT's of Steve all over the world. There is one of him selecting peridot in China and it is obviously contrived with the sales lady sucking up to him - " Oh, you only want the best one" and son on. Enough already! End of my private rant :eek:)

Welcome again, I look forward to reading your posts.

Inge xx

Thankyou for your welcome :), I know the VT you mean Inge its very true and quite funny . Matt got into a hissy tonight because he had 8 rings of songea saffire left and refused to talk about them anymore :) I do enjoy the site and I admit I buy a lot, but only cos I like them and not as an investment. I bought a stunning Kunzite and am in love with it.
I think that as long as I don't get drawn in by all the faff and buy just for me I will hopefully use the site and not let the site use me :) ..Sue xx

Yes, i bl**dy do!!
Once when Adina was presenting and at the start of an item, i brought my clothes in off the line and folded them all up, fed the cats, made some tuna butties and a coffee, opened and read my post and went back to watch Adina and the item was still on it's starting price and she was gushing over the first up and coming price crash "you're not going to believe how low we are going" which didn't happen for another 10 minutes. I ended up switching channels. I don't know why they feel the need to waste 1/2 hour on one item, when they've obviously squillions more items of jewellery in their vast vaults:mysmilie_10:
That is my pet hate with Gems, that and the fake shock/horror at a silver ring that "shouldn't be going under £30" and "oh i think there's been a mistake, we have a blue diamond ring in the under £50 hour" what they don't scream out is there's only 4 blue diamonds in it measuring 1mm, so basically i think flipping Argos would probs have one for "under £50.":mysmilie_14:"
That's why i tend to watch The Lounge more these days.

Latest posts

Back