Is situp channels turning into the last days of auctionworld ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
Like the title of thread says ? I get the feeling that sit-up is on it's last legs.

I don't think the are comparable to Auction World, not yet anyway. But I always thought the channels could improve and get back to selling a selection of good products with some tatt thrown in for good measure, perhaps not always with amazingly low prices but decent value and we know the p+p has always been expensive but the delivery times were excellent. And with fun presenters who knew how to put a gloss on something but that's as far as it went.

Not now. this is a thoroughly miserable company with mostly cheap or very cheap merchandise. The prices are now verging on the extortionate for some products and the delivery service is lamentable considering what they charge. And many of the presenters are now stopping to tactics employed by unscrupulous pop up traders, you all know who they are. In my opinion they need to go, i'm not even going bother saying 'unless they improve' anymore because they're not going to.

They are worse than ever, I just hope they go sooner rather than later. Pity those hundreds of people who spent nigh on £20 all in on 3 luxurious products last week on the back of 'expert' testimony when the shampoo and conditioner would set you back £2 in Poundworld, shame.

But if they think they're going to get away with this unchallenged they should think again. It's high time the word got out far further afield than this forum about this lot, and it will.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind them swapping the channel positions on Sky?

Does anyone know the reasoning behind them swapping the channel positions on Sky?

I presume it's because Price Drop is higher up (and on the first page) of the shopping section of Sky's EPG so it's easier for someone flicking to find Bid which is currently near the bottom of the second page.

I don't think the are comparable to Auction World, not yet anyway. But I always thought the channels could improve and get back to selling a selection of good products with some tatt thrown in for good measure, perhaps not always with amazingly low prices but decent value and we know the p+p has always been expensive but the delivery times were excellent. And with fun presenters who knew how to put a gloss on something but that's as far as it went.

Not now. this is a thoroughly miserable company with mostly cheap or very cheap merchandise. The prices are now verging on the extortionate for some products and the delivery service is lamentable considering what they charge. And many of the presenters are now stopping to tactics employed by unscrupulous pop up traders, you all know who they are. In my opinion they need to go, i'm not even going bother saying 'unless they improve' anymore because they're not going to.

They are worse than ever, I just hope they go sooner rather than later. Pity those hundreds of people who spent nigh on £20 all in on 3 luxurious products last week on the back of 'expert' testimony when the shampoo and conditioner would set you back £2 in Poundworld, shame.

But if they think they're going to get away with this unchallenged they should think again. It's high time the word got out far further afield than this forum about this lot, and it will.

That's it exactly! This company really needs to be exposed

That's it exactly! This company really needs to be exposed

It's one thing them selling no name perfumes with a couple of hundred percent mark up but when they're selling pound shop products and the p+p ALONE costs more than what the products would cost you in the pound shops, well, I think they need to explain themselves.

For me they've crossed a line of decency, it's unacceptable.

Their products are now generally so poor it makes something like Ideal World seem like John Lewis by comparison. First and foremost they need to attract more customers, and to do this they need to have at least some better quality products in the mix, but perhaps incomprehensibly they're showing no signs whatsoever of doing anything like this. Personally I would also bring back a small number of rising price auctions to liven things up a bit for the poor viewer at home, because as it stands even some of the falling price auctions are turning into a loss leader nightmare for them and are about as entertaining as one of Gollum's monologues. They also need a major presentational overhaul for both on-screen graphics and the, erm, 'talent' in order to shake off their worsening reputation, but they appear to be scared of losing any of their dwindling (and highly gullible) existing customer base which must surely be the worst sign of desperation.

At the moment it's like a genuine closing down sale minus the "Closing Down" signs, where the aim is to try to make as much money as possible before vanishing altogether as well as shifting unwanted stock (namely, a few real bargains plus a whole load of so-called 'bargains' that are nothing of the sort).

How long can they afford to go on like this? Only they themselves know the answer; they could close down without warning whilst I'm typing this or they could still be limping along more than 20 years from now, but I seriously doubt the latter scenario at present.

Latest posts

Back