Debbie Greenwood has left the building...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
On Twitter:

"Thank you very much to the lovely peeps at bid tv. It's been a real place for the last couple of months. That was my last shift"

Pushed or her choice?

Either way...A wise move. She never really suited the channel, and in my view can do a lot better than Bid...

Oh no!!,! That's terrible news. She was fabulous ! Informative! Calm and funny.
Mind you I'm not that surprised they couldn't keep a presenter of her calibre. Good luck Debbie.

Not really that surprised. Debbie was far too good for this crap network. She brought some class and really showed up how awful and amateur the other presenters are.

I don't watch Bid, but when Debbie joined I tuned in just to see her shows. Really like her style of presenting, and sorry she is leaving so soon! Wish her all the best for the future.

I'd like to thank Debbie for her valiant attempt at raising the tone of this shambolic outfit but i'm afraid it's not a place for an elegant lady.

This is the home to truly appalling trash and vulgarity. Only grotesques like Peter Simon, Peter Sherlock, Mike Mason, James Russell, Sally Jacks and Lisa Brash can possibly survive at this freakshow.

Debbie, it was a pleasure my lovely. Hold your head up high and leave the selling of garbage to garbage. You're way, way, way better than them.

some of the stuff on bid was hardly any better than qvc. i wish her well and hope she finds a job that suits her calibre

The contrast between Debbie and Sally Jacks could not have been more stark. I saw a bit of Debbie's last shift and her calm professionalism seemed sooooo out of place! Oh well, it's Ladies Night tonight, so back to gabbling too quickly, screeching and sticking your face into the camera.

Looks like Marina is off too according to her tweet

Thank you! It's my last one ever in this particular assistant job role!

Unless she's going to be a presenter, though that's doubtful considering she probably has other, better irons in the fire. What the hell is going on? This just got interesting...

The contrast between Debbie and Sally Jacks could not have been more stark. I saw a bit of Debbie's last shift and her calm professionalism seemed sooooo out of place! Oh well, it's Ladies Night tonight, so back to gabbling too quickly, screeching and sticking your face into the camera.

Oh so right, Sally is vulgarity personified. Trashy, loud and utterly shameless.

Hideous.

That really wouldn't suprise me Docswife. debbie always seemed so awfully embarrased when on air, the trash she was selling compared to QVC's offerings, my goodness, I'm suprised she could manage for as long as she did. She has earned my respect anyway for getting out of this shambolic outfit.

I would imagine that it was her descision - She was probably frantically applying for other jobs whilst she tided herself over. Frankly I thought she did a ****** good job of selling the sheer and utter shite she was given to sell, must have been hard straight after QVC with it's quality, famous names and famous guests, Bid nearly wet themselves if they get their hands on a brand anyone's actually ever heard of!
Hope she's got a really good new job which sees her back on our screens soon!

Looks like Marina is off too according to her tweet

Thank you! It's my last one ever in this particular assistant job role!

Marina should have moved long ago to bigger and better things. Why she stayed with Sit-ups for this long, I have no idea...

I would imagine that it was her descision - She was probably frantically applying for other jobs whilst she tided herself over. Frankly I thought she did a ****** good job of selling the sheer and utter shite she was given to sell, must have been hard straight after QVC with it's quality, famous names and famous guests, Bid nearly wet themselves if they get their hands on a brand anyone's actually ever heard of!
Hope she's got a really good new job which sees her back on our screens soon!

I'm not a huge fan of Debbie I must admit, but I agree totally agree with you. I think she realised that this job was doing her credibility no favours! Who wants to be remembered for bidtv?!! I have a feeling she resigned, maybe with immediate effect! Even 'oh gosh!'couldnt flog poundshop products with any degree of sincerity!!

I'm not a huge fan of Debbie I must admit, but I agree totally agree with you. I think she realised that this job was doing her credibility no favours! Who wants to be remembered for bidtv?!! I have a feeling she resigned, maybe with immediate effect! Even 'oh gosh!'couldnt flog poundshop products with any degree of sincerity!!

And isn't it nice that, like Andy Hodgson, she has left gracefully and conducted herself in a dignified way.

Unlike someone else who left recently.

Latest posts

Back