Yogi Detangle Brush.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I feel so sorry for Shaun Pulfrey; firstly, the poor guy was dismissed by the dragons, who didn't rate the tangle teezer at all - how wrong were they? - then, after struggling to make it on hid own, and building up a hugely successful business, royal hairdresser ripped the idea off - got round the patent issue by adding a handle - with the tangle angel, and now the Yogi, with a handle added.
I suppose Shaun can feel quite positive about the success of the genius product, as other professionals have seen it as an item which is so cool, they have produced their own version. And at least he owns ALL of his company, without having to sacrifice a portion of it to a greedy dragon.
I will only buy Shaun's version, on principle, as I don't think what RW and Yogi have done is very professional. I did buy the Pet Angel for my boxers but, had Shaun done one, I would have got it from him.
Talking about RW, he seems to be making a habit of adopting other people's ideas; He has brought out a cleanser/conditioner, a la WEN. Don't like this guy, or his business ethics.
Also, the Q need to declare where they stand, by stocking one brand. It is not the same as selling lots of different skincare ranges, these brushes are intended to do the same job.

Richard Ward was on Lorraine this morning commenting on hairdos of the Oscars and his hair looked like a dull dry thatch. Didn't tempt me to use his products.

I use the tangle teezer on the dog and another one on myself. Brilliant.
And I completely agree with you about avoiding the rip off.

I have just about every dog brush ever made, at least 40, plus even some soft antique silver backed brushes for the silky coats of my little Yorkies that I've picked up for next to nothing because the silver backs are dented ( makes no odds to me!)
Still seeking the Holy Grail of brush for my Skyes, I bought the original tangle teezers with high hopes,when they first came out,but they just won't touch knots in their long coats plus I found them very awkward to manage without a handle, I have very small hands.
I've since bought Denman's Tangle Tamers, from Boots, which have a handle, cost half the price & are much more effective as well as gentler.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but does anyone have any recommendations for very matted longhaired cat hair? I use a metal brush from the pet shop and sometimes a tangle teezer for more difficult knots, but the other day I found a couple of big mounds of fur in Morrissey's armpits (legpits?) that won't budge. We've resorted to snipping bits off but can't quite get it all, and I'm scared of cutting anymore in case of catching his skin. I don't know how they've been missed, he does get brushed thoroughly, but it looks like they might have been there a while. I feel awful, it's been miserable for him while we've brushed him vigourously multiple times a day trying to get the knots out. :(

I think you're just going to have to cut them out. Once they get such tight matts so close to the skin it really is the kindest & simplest way. Then just start again with the brushing.
The best way is to make sure you get your finger between the matt & his skin, to be sure not to nick his skin. You'll have to wriggle your finger quite a bit to get it in through the fur. Or you could try one of these
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...rs-and-scissors/matt-splitter-for-small-matts
They can help cut through the matt without risking cutting skin with scissors. The best way with one of these is to use your fingers again, behind it, to stop it tugging his skin as it cuts through the hair. As long as you insert it properly with the blade facing away from the skin, into the matt, & use a gentle sawing motion to cut through the clogged up fur, they're perfectly safe.

I think you're just going to have to cut them out. Once they get such tight matts so close to the skin it really is the kindest & simplest way. Then just start again with the brushing.
The best way is to make sure you get your finger between the matt & his skin, to be sure not to nick his skin. You'll have to wriggle your finger quite a bit to get it in through the fur. Or you could try one of these
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...rs-and-scissors/matt-splitter-for-small-matts
They can help cut through the matt without risking cutting skin with scissors. The best way with one of these is to use your fingers again, behind it, to stop it tugging his skin as it cuts through the hair. As long as you insert it properly with the blade facing away from the skin, into the matt, & use a gentle sawing motion to cut through the clogged up fur, they're perfectly safe.

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

I have maine coons who sometimes get felted matted bits in their pawpits and i have had a lot of success with teasing then apart with my fingers, you have to catch a dozing cat or distract them, but just try to pull the matted bits,and tease them apart, I find I can remove the majority of felted bits this way, then I get the tangle teezer in.
A persian breeder at a cat show told me that they use talcum powder on their cats matted bits as it helps when brushing.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but does anyone have any recommendations for very matted longhaired cat hair? I use a metal brush from the pet shop and sometimes a tangle teezer for more difficult knots, but the other day I found a couple of big mounds of fur in Morrissey's armpits (legpits?) that won't budge. We've resorted to snipping bits off but can't quite get it all, and I'm scared of cutting anymore in case of catching his skin. I don't know how they've been missed, he does get brushed thoroughly, but it looks like they might have been there a while. I feel awful, it's been miserable for him while we've brushed him vigourously multiple times a day trying to get the knots out. :(
Have you tried using a detangler? Either the ojon or WEN. You can also purchase a dedicated dog coat detangler, animology do one I think. Then if you use the TT, in the middle of the matted section, and pull it down a couple of millimetres at a time. Don't know whether this will work, but anything is worth a try. I have boxers and, although short haired dogs do cast a lot (people assume the exact opposite), their coat isn't long enough to mat up.

I've had previous bunnies (lops but not long haired breeds) that developed matted fur on their back feet; they grow like little dreadlocks if you leave them and so snipping them off is the quickest solution. I could use a small furminator on Hugo (the most placid lop ever), he'd sit up and beg "grooms me mumma". Just a reminder for newer bunny mums that rabbit skin is very fragile and to comb with caution only on a compliant rabbit. Now we have a rex I don't comb or brush him, although he will tolerate my DD's hair brush (don't tell her!) because rex's have no guard hair just the velvet undercoat. He's shedding for England atm so I just gently remove clumps as I stroke him and put it out for the birds to line their nests.

I do that too, put the dogs' hair out for the birds to use as nesting material, especially the downy undercoat.
The best detangler I have ever found is Cowboy Magic.

Thanks for all your advice folks, we've finally managed to get all the knots out today so Morrissey's a happy wee boy again.

Heh, well I've always loved the other Moz and decided when I was about 15 that I wanted to name my next cat after him, but it was several years before I had a new one. Fortunately the name suits him really well, though.

I have an old girl dachy who since having to be spayed for medical reasons her once wire coat has gone more like cotton wool and felts up terribly in all the places where its difficult to get to armpits between toes and pads my large normal size clippers are too big as she is only tiny so i bought a small cordless pair and they are brill getting in all the places where anything sharp isn`t safe to use without fear of nipping the skin

Richard Ward was on Lorraine this morning commenting on hairdos of the Oscars and his hair looked like a dull dry thatch. Didn't tempt me to use his products.

Does Richard Ward not have any proprietary inventions to his name? He seems to be totally devoid of original ideas; first, he brought out a version of Shaun Pulfrey's tangle teezer and, now his own brand of WEN conditioning rinse. Obviously, the respective patents haven't been watertight, thus enabling him to rip them off. And this guy is a celebrity hairdresser!

I am SO happy to read this thread! I thought I was the only one who detested that thieving bloke. I was seething when he was on earlier it's his tangle teezer ripoff. Then showing his Wen fake too. Every time I see him I wonder if he is ever going to have an original idea of his own or just keep stealing other peoples. I'm surprised QVC have the nerve to use both the tangle angel and Teezer, and Wen and now this new RW stuff. I adore my leopard Teezer and pink one and wouldn't use anything else.

Latest posts

Back