Thorntons increase in profits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well they are closing shops 46 throughout the UK. It was on the BBC news this morning. Looking at selling online and other stores instead.

They sell in most supermarkets these days which is probably better for them than having their own shops.

They sell in most supermarkets these days which is probably better for them than having their own shops.

I'm sure people who wouldn't have specially gone to a Thorntons shop buy on impulse in the supermarket and it means they won't have all the overheads relating to a shop.

They even sell in Poundland !!! Tbh I bought some at Xmas and thought there tasted awful , wont be buying again!

Not the brand they used to be, always seem to be half price in shops and the choccie tastes a bit cheap.

I HATE cheap chocolate! Yuck! Thorntons are not classy at all. Seen their stuff in the Pound Shops!

My favourite chocolate brand is Godiva. There used to be a really nice French guy who worked in the one in Selfridges. He always used to give me loads of chocolates for free!

When I was a kid, I remember queuing up at the opening of the then new store in Brighton as you could free toffee with every purchase. We put my older brother elsewhere in the queue to get two lots. When he got to the counter he forgot what he was supposed to buy turned round and shouted "Muuuuum! What am I getting again?!" Cue laughter and a couple of red faces! The chocs were something special at the time. We have relatives in Nottingham who always used to bring some at Easter. I guess, like most things, they've cheapened over the time and the quality has faded away. Shame.

I like Lindt. Thorntons are too sickly.
Oh gosh Donna so do I. You have got me craving the ones in the red wrappers now. Bang goes my diet as I have half a box hidden away in the back of my cupboard left over from Christmas. Am going to have to go and get a few to go with my brew!!

When I was a kid, I remember queuing up at the opening of the then new store in Brighton as you could free toffee with every purchase. We put my older brother elsewhere in the queue to get two lots. When he got to the counter he forgot what he was supposed to buy turned round and shouted "Muuuuum! What am I getting again?!" Cue laughter and a couple of red faces! The chocs were something special at the time. We have relatives in Nottingham who always used to bring some at Easter. I guess, like most things, they've cheapened over the time and the quality has faded away. Shame.

I vaguely recall a Thorntons in Brighton. Wasn't it in West Street? Or was it in the old Churchill Square? I remember Churchill Square when it used to have a great big concrete sculpture call The Spirit of Brighton that looked like a giant Weeatbix! lol Loved the old Churchill Square. Don't like the new mall.

Latest posts

Back