Waitlist orders - caveat emptor!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
On three pay day, I placed a WAITLIST order for the easter treats YC set of two large candles. As it wasn't in stock, I thought I would have a couple of days to think about it. Anyway, I checked my account online and, to my surprise, the order was 'in process', as was an easiyo order, which was in stock when I ordered it. So I called customer services, as something seemed amiss. I explained the situation to the lady, who told me it must have come back in stock sooner than anticipated - within ONE day? It makes you wonder if it was ever out of stock. Fortunately, I can refuse delivery, and get my postage returned, under DSR, which is what I shall do.
I don't usually check my account details on a regular basis but, in future, I will do so after placing every order.

someone may have had it in their shopping basket and never purchased it so you were next in line to buy it being on waitlist

M&s Tayler this morning talking about the TSV said that the TSV was available for a limited time on wait list because they'd no doubt be getting a lot of returns as people would be ordering more than one size. In other words, put your name down and you could get someone's return.
Thought they didn't send returns out?

M&s Tayler this morning talking about the TSV said that the TSV was available for a limited time on wait list because they'd no doubt be getting a lot of returns as people would be ordering more than one size. In other words, put your name down and you could get someone's return.
Thought they didn't send returns out?
In the past they used to deny that they ever sent out returns. However the story now seems to have changed and they say that like lots of retailers they do resell returned items as long as they are in brand new condition. However other retailers don't let you wear/use/try things before returning them and only accept returns that are in brand new condition.

I think it's time QVC changed the Ts & Cs of their 30 day MBG and say that clothes, shoes etc. have to be returned unworn and with tags still intact. I think it's out of order that people be given the opportunity to wear items for a month with the expectation of sending them back and for someone else to be sold that item as new!

I think some people may have had buyer's remorse and cancelled; it is a new fragrance and, for yankee addicts, a must. It was the first airing, so will not be a return. I didn't order it swiftly enough, to be the first in line if just one person cancelled. I don't think it had sold out. Perhaps a ploy, to get people to place waitlist orders which, in reality, they are not going to have to wait for.
We live and learn.

I think some people may have had buyer's remorse and cancelled; it is a new fragrance and, for yankee addicts, a must. It was the first airing, so will not be a return. I didn't order it swiftly enough, to be the first in line if just one person cancelled. I don't think it had sold out. Perhaps a ploy, to get people to place waitlist orders which, in reality, they are not going to have to wait for.
We live and learn.

Bunny Cake and White chocolate Bunnies aren't new Fragrances , they have been available for a while , they just only appear around this time of year, they have repackaged them and put 2014 limited edition on the lable but there the exact same candles.

I don't think it had sold out. Perhaps a ploy, to get people to place waitlist orders which, in reality, they are not going to have to wait for.
We live and learn.

They are quite closely regulated I believe and I think that would be illegal, so it would surprise me. More likely that people didn't check out their baskets or maybe bought something else instead. I'm not sure why you don't want a waitlist item sooner than expected, I would be delighted not to have to wait ages, or perhaps never get it.

The problem is when buying on line a previously sold item you don`t have the option to examine it ..... I returned a dress that had obviously been worn as it was badly creased across the hip level line and at the back as though it had been sat in ...but worse than that it had a peculiar stale odour , wasn`t folded with tissue but was rolled!! We are at the mercy of whoever thinks items are fit for resale!
I returned it via DSR and asked for a pre paid return label ...all thanks to this forum :) ..I would never have known

As well as getting what's technically called bounce backs when people do not actually complete their baskets, you also get them when they come to charge the order to the relevant debit/credit card, when there is always a % fail. QVC don't charge your card on order, only on time of picking. Both abandoned baskets and payment failure will result in an item coming back into stock without any further stock leaving or arriving at the warehouse.

Latest posts

Back