Bioeffect EGF Serum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
I purchased the Bioeffect EGF Serum about a couple of weeks ago after reading reviews on Q and elsewhere (I know, I know, mega expensive, it was on easy pay though). I thought I would use my MBG on this ocassion.

I like the fact that it is the only thing you put on at night, it makes skin feel moisturised and in the morning my skin isnt dried up, in fact looks quite greasy. But since using it, about a couple of weeks now, I have had one spot after another and my face isnt looking its best at all. Every day I seem to get another spot on chin, nose, lip - they seem to pop up during the day.

I really wanted this to work and keep looking at my crows feet to see if they have diminished at all, but to be honest I see no difference yet. Also enlarged pores on my nose are no different. The independant reviews are glowing about this product and I found a number of news paper articles online singing its praises!

This morning in desperation to normalise my skin I have dug out my decleor neroli and hydra floral - which felt like a dream and my skin feels comfortable today and no breakout!

Before I return it, I just wanted to ask if anybody else has used this and what their experience has been - should I persevere as things will get better - how long for a result etc. Thankyou in anticipation.

I posted on the Beauty Bash thread about this; I got spots after only using it for just 3 days. I got a zit on my chin for the first time in years, and I haven't used it since. I get better result with Alpha H liquid gold used once or twice a week. My skin is super normal and rarely reacts but it didin't like the EGF sadly.

The instruction leaflet that came with it did warn that you could get pimples upon first using it. It doesnt say if and when they might go though! I will persevere until my mbg runs out, just to give it a fair go.

Fair enough (don't miss your last return date though). I'd be interested to know how you get on with further down the line RG.

There is some controversy surrounding this product due to to EGF being mitogenic, meaning that it will not cause cancerous cells but will cause any cancerous cells to multiply, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

I had a sample from the beauty bash and it broke me in spots, I discontinued after five days. I felt heavy and pore blocking. It took me over two weeks to manage the spots and my skin was clear for a couple of years prior to this experiment. I was using it on one side of my face and didn't observe any results.

Sorry, but no product you use should cause you to break out. The old wives tale oh that means it is working is crap. Who remember back in the 80s or 90s when you where told if you went for a facial, 'Oh you will get breakouts, that just means it is deep cleansing your skin and shows its working'. Today they wouldn't dare to say that.

And sorry again Reflexgirl, no product will get rid of wrinkles crowfeets etc, Botox will freeze them. These trails they do are usually women saying, "Oh I looked better after using X,Y or Z", not real scientific trails by the lines and wrinkles being measured in a lab.

Oh and you do realize you will have to continue to use it if you think it is working. Otherwise the crowfeets etc come back, and can you afford to keep paying out for it with no easy pay. What happens when QVC drop it as no doubt they will in the future?

spots mean allergic reaction. i as a major rule do not use these high end skincare. the cheaper it is the less stuff in it to give you a reaction.

I have used the sample I was given at the Beauty Bash, and I really like it, although it took a couple of weeks to come to that conclusion. I use mine every other night (mainly as it is so expensive) and at the moment I am testing a regime with alternating with Alpha H Liquid Gold. The main effect I have seen is a definite softening of wrinkles (especially around the eyes) and a real smoothness to my skin. I have also experimented with the number if drops, 3 is far too much, 1 too little, 2 just perfect.

There is some controversy surrounding this product due to to EGF being mitogenic, meaning that it will not cause cancerous cells but will cause any cancerous cells to multiply, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

OMG I feel so stupid that I didn't think of this and having had cancerous cells removed from my cheek a few years ago I'm horrified. I went to see a dermatologist about other moles and he spotted the tiniest pin-prick sized anomaly and removed them a week later. Imagine if these were still on my face (I hadn't even noticed them myself) and EGF caused them to grow! Even the smallest risk isn't worth it!

I never use so -called high tech or high end skin care such as this brand, Perricone, Algenist, Strivechtin etc. I prefer brands like Emma Hardie, Decleor and the AD skin synergy facial oil. With the AD oil I only need to use about 3 pumps (very little if you see the design of the bottle) at night with no other product whatsoever. I dab a little eye serum occasionally. I have dry skin and this tiny amount is fine and my skin feels soft and dewy until I I wake up in the morning.

Judith Williams phytomineral (plant mineral) is about as high-tech as I am prepared to go, but at least I can understand what haluronic acid does and vitamins in teeny tiny dotty things suspended in the cream. It's well priced, big pots and my dry sensitive skin seems to like it. I am dubious about JW diamogen range though. Fancy names, blinding with science makes me think "bo****ks".Sorry to be crass.

I honestly think that all the skin needs is to be kept clean, well hydrated and protected from the sun. Smoking bad. Water good. The brand/mode of cleansing and amount of moisture needed will depend on skin type. It's not one size fits all.

Hi,

I got this about a month ago.

I'm really pleased with it.

My skin is smoother, more "bouncy" and pores seem smaller. Havent had any spots.

Not sure its doing anything for wrinkles tho.

I only use 2 drops each night, not 4. I used it every night for 2 weeks, but since then have been using it every other night (alternating with Elemis Marine Cream).

Cheers,
karen

OMG! Thank you so much for this info Starlight. I really wanted to try this product as it's been marketed as some miracle cure for wrinkles. As someone who had some dodgy cells removed years ago, it's now safe to say that I won't be buying it.

This might be helpful, I presume it's the main ingredient because of the product's name?

http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmeti...on/anti-irritants/epidermal-growth-factor-egf

Thanks for this info. I had a sample of this serum but no instructions, so used it under Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, which I have just begun to re-use after a lapse of a couple of years. I wasn't sure whether the good difference in my skin was done to either product or both, but after reading this article I will just continue with Hope in a Jar, which I have to admit used to give me good results anyway.

I've been using it for about a month, and I love it.

Dark circles are lighter, eyelids less crepy, cheeks more firm, crows feet much softer. The backs of my hands look approx 10 yrs younger than my real age, and the age spots have faded significantly. I'm using hardly any hand cream, but they look better. I'm reaching the point where improvement is plateauing, so I'll move on to an alternate day maintenance, allowing me to use my other night cream.

Before buying, I researched the studies and articles about the product, including a fascinating debate between two scholars/scientists debating the whole skin cancer risk. That reading satisfied me that the product offers no more risk than a lot skincare ingredients. The active ingredients encourage the skin cells to divide like young skin cells. I am not aware of anyone proving that young skin cells which divide rapidly are a cancer risk. If cancer is growing, rapid cell division will made it grow faster - but that will happen in healthy young skin too.

I've been keeping an eye out for odd patches, marks, lesions, moles, etc for years (fair skin that got toasted as a child with no sun protection). I'm satisfied that this product has more pros than cons.

Re reflexgirl's breakout - I have had no problem at all.

That is the thing with loads of skincare products, this may cause cancer the word is may. But everyone should have the information and make their own decisions if they want to use the product or not. Companies really should just put it out there in leaflets inclosed with products.

Latest posts

Back