ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Vitamix Creations 2L Blender with Recipe Book , DVD , And Smoothie Cup

Qvc Price : £460.00

Todays Special Value Price : £379.98 + P&P

802807.jpg
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ogId=10152&cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@51285128

Difficult to know really. I have one and I use it every day. Mainly to puree soups, make smoothies, chop onions. The omniblendtec is cheaper but only time will tell if they last as long as the vitamixes are supposed to last.

I remember when Ideal World use to sell this brand , they always included a longer warranty ( normally between 5-10 years) Since Qvc started selling them , they never offer this. Personally I think the omniblend looks as good and is nearly half the price and comes with a 7 year warranty.

Just made a form of ice cream in the vitamix as I have a sore throat. Still not mastered ice cream.

I've got the omniblend - had it a few days now from Ideal World - and made ice cream from yogurt and frozen strawberries this evening. Delicious - but you need to add more honey or whatever. I've also made smoothies and love the machine. We literally dumped our Jack La Lanne juicer (another QVC bad buy) and ice cream maker (yet another) because the Omniblend does all of that and fits under my top kitchen cupboards. How much better the Vitamix is I can't say, I just know I've saved a hundred quid or more.

I recorded all today's Vitamix hours for recipes I could use, and it was interesting viewing. Debbie Flint did the midnight hour and there was much talking confidentially to camera and intimate cajoling as is her wont, but a bit of a dearth of demonstration because of all the talking, Julia Roberts did the next and they got through loads of recipes, Craig was on the next one and it was okay, only mildly ingratiating and irritating but they got through a fair bit, and Marv with her eyes in rollers did the last one - again they did quite a bit but I can't watch her for long because of the eye rolling - I sit there waiting for it to happen!

I've got the omniblend - had it a few days now from Ideal World - and made ice cream from yogurt and frozen strawberries this evening. Delicious - but you need to add more honey or whatever. I've also made smoothies and love the machine. We literally dumped our Jack La Lanne juicer (another QVC bad buy) and ice cream maker (yet another) because the Omniblend does all of that and fits under my top kitchen cupboards. How much better the Vitamix is I can't say, I just know I've saved a hundred quid or more.

I recorded all today's Vitamix hours for recipes I could use, and it was interesting viewing. Debbie Flint did the midnight hour and there was much talking confidentially to camera and intimate cajoling as is her wont, but a bit of a dearth of demonstration because of all the talking, Julia Roberts did the next and they got through loads of recipes, Craig was on the next one and it was okay, only mildly ingratiating and irritating but they got through a fair bit, and Marv with her eyes in rollers did the last one - again they did quite a bit but I can't watch her for long because of the eye rolling - I sit there waiting for it to happen!

Debbie Flint is one of the worst presenters to watch when your genuinely interested in hearing about the product and seeing the demos.

Have to agree with all the above. On the tsv launch the guest did exactly the same recipe that IW did a couple of weeks ago, when they too offered the Vitamax on special- ie spinach and half the kitchen cupboard. and that was all cos he seemed a bit ditzy with DF launching into Q spiel every 30 seconds !!!!

These aren't very economically friendly for those of us on our own, and how many soups or smoothies can you swallow. Ok for families though.

Have to agree with all the above. On the tsv launch the guest did exactly the same recipe that IW did a couple of weeks ago, when they too offered the Vitamax on special- ie spinach and half the kitchen cupboard. and that was all cos he seemed a bit ditzy with DF launching into Q spiel every 30 seconds !!!!

These aren't very economically friendly for those of us on our own, and how many soups or smoothies can you swallow. Ok for families though.
I live alone a lot of the time and still use my vitamix every day. Today I used it to mince the beef for some koftes. Will use it later to mince the onion for some soup which I will then puree in the vitamix. Currently working my way through the freezer using all sorts of things. Haven't been shopping for 2 weeks except to buy milk and the freezer is still very full. Make bread in breadmakerr and easiyo yoghurt.

Latest posts

Back