Is Alison Young ill?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Genuine question. I saw a fair bit of her when Prai was the TSV and she looked very very ill. I don't come into the QVC forum as much as I used to and wondered if I had missed something.

Hope A is not ill.I met her in person when I popped into Laura Geller's studio in NY ( on a very warm October day last year)She is very petite & pretty as well as being very friendly.I know I sometimes hit the mute button when she is on Q but since I met her I am NO 1 FAN!!!!!

I haven't noticed Alison looking ill or different at all tbh. Mind you I don't really look at the telly properly, I'm usually doing other stuff and listening to Q. I hope nothing's up with her and it's just the time of year making her a bit paler or whatnot.

Flicked over when she was on with John Barrowman, she looked the same as usual to me. Lots of shimmerbrick, heavy black eyeliner, and bright red dress. Didn't see her on with Joanie so no idea if she was different then????

Flicked over when she was on with John Barrowman, she looked the same as usual to me. Lots of shimmerbrick, heavy black eyeliner, and bright red dress. Didn't see her on with Joanie so no idea if she was different then????

I think the stark contrast of heavy black eyeliner with all the highlighters and shimmer bricks she uses on her ageing skin ( that isn't meant as an insult, skin ages, it happens) make her look ill, especially combined with the white blonde hair. If she'd just soften the look a little bit it'd make her look much healthier.

As a naturally pale person, I am used to people thinking I'm 'poorly', 'tired' etc just because I don't have a great load of bronzer on me. This happened quite a lot a few years ago when I decided to give up on even the gentlest faux tans (they don't really suit me), but my sudden paleness made some people think I was sickening for something. Perhaps AY has just been using less bronzing products lately? I notice Pipa seems to have done this.

Nicky-j I'm extremely pale too and often get that reaction, it is rather frustrating and almost insulting. However I steer away from bronzer and fake tans, the worst things for porcelain skin. A good blusher works wonders for me and I feel Alison could soften her look more with blusher rather than going mad with highlighters and shimmer bricks.

Last edited:
Nicky-j I'm extremely pale too and often get that reaction, it is rather frustrating and almost insulting. However I steer away from bronzer and fake tans, the worst things for porcelain skin.

Absolutely agree Ellaaa. I've always been happy being pale but for a couple of years a long time ago, I thought I'd give the 'warmed up' look a go. It was inconvenient, smelly (stale digestive biscuits were never my thing!), and didn't last very long, so was an absolute bind to keep up. Life was so much easier when I gave it up. And, let's be honest, you can't fake pale skin!

Since AY has made the decision to be such a light blonde (which suits her), and naturally has a fair complexion, I'm very surprised that she chooses such harsh contrast eyeliner. She has the sense to choose light lip colours, so it really does puzzle me why she wears jet black eyeliner and mascara. It drowns out the colour of her eyes and enhances her eye bags.

The whole myth of everyone should wear black mascara/eyeliner is just nonsense, and does so many women no favours at all!

You may be guessing that this is one of my pet subjects - and it is!

I always think that makeup should enhance the person wearing it, not smother their natural beauty, and if the first thing you see is stark eyeliner, or jarring plum/scarlet/whitey nude lips, then it ain't doing the wearer any favours! (Rant over).

I haven't been well for a number of weeks(on going chest infection, now beaten), and I am fair anyway. So I have been getting the you look very pale comments, I just say no fine.

I bet you're not wearing a fluorescent orange dress though Donna! Years ago Alison used to wear pastel trouser suits which really suited her colouring and stayed away from bright clothes and ugly shoes. What happened?

I bet you're not wearing a fluorescent orange dress though Donna! Years ago Alison used to wear pastel trouser suits which really suited her colouring and stayed away from bright clothes and ugly shoes. What happened?

Well that is true, not dayglo orange in my wardrobe, a few soft peaches pieces though.

Yes, AY used to wear soft pretty neutral colours and looked good.

Maybe she should slap on some of Lulu's Ooompa Loompa in a b.... I mean holiday in a bottle?

Latest posts

Back