Bidtv relaunch: the do's and don't

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
Bidtv relaunch the do's and don't:

Do Keep some presenters ( Mark Ryes, Caroline Lindsay )
Do keep some novelty products
Do Keep gardening products
Do keep some jewellery products ( NO Exclusives, OWN branding etc. )
Do sell mainstream technology products ( Apple, DVD players DAB'S Radio's etc )
Do sell Toys for children.
Do sell products for Single mum's/fathers (worthy for baby)

Don't keep saying ladies or something for the ladies, very annoying.
Don't sell glass/brass (fake) jewellery ( bidtv please only REAL jewellery, NO gold-plated crap. )
Don't sell vivitar technology pile of rubbish ( unless it's for children )
Any other suggestions for bidtv ?

Bidtv relaunch the do's and don't:

Do Keep some presenters ( Mark Ryes, Caroline Lindsay )
Do keep some novelty products
Do Keep gardening products
Do keep some jewellery products ( NO Exclusives, OWN branding etc. )
Do sell mainstream technology products ( Apple, DVD players DAB'S Radio's etc )
Do sell Toys for children.
Do sell products for Single mum's/fathers (worthy for baby)

Don't keep saying ladies or something for the ladies, very annoying.
Don't sell glass/brass (fake) jewellery ( bidtv please only REAL jewellery, NO gold-plated crap. )
Don't sell vivitar technology pile of rubbish ( unless it's for children )
Any other suggestions for bidtv ?

First thing I would do is sack Mark Ryes, one of the worst presenters ever seen on tv shopping, in my opinion,

Don't sell a good item for £1 knowing hundreds if not thousands will miss out because the quantity is one or two
Do sell the fake branded items like watches and so on like this "Do you want a good looking watch that has a good movement but because it isn't a famous brand you pay a lot less"
Agree Mark Ryes should stay and bring back honest Andy H.
Fire Mike Mason (see below for suggested method)

Do have Jenny Topp modelling underwear. Do bring back Marina Berry modelling underwear. Do keep Peter Sherlock (not sure why he's such a hate figure on here) but for God's sake don't have him modelling underwear. Do bring back Lynn Taylor as a presenter but encourage her to model underwear if Jenny and Marina are off. Do keep Peter Simon! I mean come on, he's so bad he's good. Don't keep selling expensive ****.

Only by fully utilising Mike Mason's knowledge, charisma and likability can these channels survive. I feel Mike is key to any future success.

And Peter Sherlock surely has a future as fragrant as any of his 'Divine Decadence' varieties. I like him.

Do have Jenny Topp modelling underwear. Do bring back Marina Berry modelling underwear. Do keep Peter Sherlock (not sure why he's such a hate figure on here) but for God's sake don't have him modelling underwear. Do bring back Lynn Taylor as a presenter but encourage her to model underwear if Jenny and Marina are off. Do keep Peter Simon! I mean come on, he's so bad he's good. Don't keep selling expensive ****.

Think you posted this in the wrong thread, this isn't what I dream of thread hehe ;-)

I think I have found the source of the huge audience exit in recent years. :taphead:

Dirty Pete acting really weird with Chef Jack. He just told him that he had "weak wrists", then bashed the pans at the back of the display whilst shouting "Blue Peter". He's hysterical then completely calm, then hypet active again. I think he's taken some sort of"medication".

Dirty Pete acting really weird with Chef Jack. He just told him that he had "weak wrists", then bashed the pans at the back of the display whilst shouting "Blue Peter". He's hysterical then completely calm, then hypet active again. I think he's taken some sort of"medication".

Hmm, he is on particularly oddball form. Still, I'd get a bit manic myself if Chef Jack was cooking in my kitchen...

We thought he seemed particularly strange tonight. He looks like he has got someone else's teeth in. They seem to be jumping out of the screen at us. That scrambled egg looks like cat sick. What on earth is he on. His Scots blood is raging now

As Peter has said many times, he needs to go to the butchers as he hasn't had a bit of meat in ages. I suspect Chef Jack may be a potential source of beefcake for Peter...in his dreams !:mysmilie_17:

I couldn't watch him much. I am a sensitive lady and the sight of Pete in his Easyjet orange apron slobbering over food and a young man sent me reaching for the brandy. And I don't even drink!

I couldn't watch him much. I am a sensitive lady and the sight of Pete in his Easyjet orange apron slobbering over food and a young man sent me reaching for the brandy. And I don't even drink!

C'mon now. Tell the truth. You get moist and excitable every time he comes on.

DO - take an idea that people want or need... then source and sell a (atleast) half decent version of that.
DO - attempt to make a steady profit based on legitimate consumer trust.
DO - promote your assistants. They are generally saving what little reputation bid does have left

DON'T - take a piece of **** item and try to scare your customers in to buying it
DON'T - try to make a high margin on one item and stupidly expect the majority of your customers to come back (how has it worked for you so far, in year 14 out of 14)
DON'T - cater to the ego's of your highly paid presenters at the expense of your reputation.

Latest posts

Back