How big is yours?...(Make up bag that is QVC stuff amongst it please)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I am feeling nosey today. You should have some Q products included so thread does not go in the drop.

Does your everyday make up bag look a right state? Or is it organised to perfection, colour coded, organised according to colour groups. How big is your stash and more importantly what is in your everday bag?

Organised mine last night. 4 brands in mine. 2 are Q.

1. Mally (of course). Everyday stash comprising Taupe eye stick, Eyeliner, mascara and nude eye pallette. Brow Fix, primer, 2 kinds of foundation, under eye brightener face defender cream blush, Liquid lipstick and poreless face defender.

2. Laura Geller- eye spackle

3. Avon matte nude lipstick. Natural glow lipstick. Ideal flawless foundation in "shell". Nail strengthener '"diamond" thing. Nail polish in "rave". Spray on quick dry stuff.Taupe/stone eyeshadow Quad.

4. Chanel vitalumiere foundation in "clair"

Also chucked in there is a Barry M nail corrector pen and a coral and porchester square polish from Nails Inc. Not really a nail polish girl so these do me.

Mix of cheap, costly and Q in there. have only included the everyday/most used -I have more Mally stuff for going out in.

So how big is yours?

Mine is full of all sorts - ybf, models prefer, Avon, Liz Earle, Doll10, Laura Geller.

If I'm honest I need a proper clear out & a new collection of make up (want to stick with Doll10 but also introduce Mally) and a new bag too.

Warwa I am always on the lookout for a really good make up bag. If you find one let me know. My kipling one (a blossom2go) is wearing out. yes you read that right. it's a different fabric to what they use now. Currently using a set of 3 nest style clear plastic ones I got in tesco for a fiver.

My stash is full t capacity after the LG TSV and the auto delivery of BE but for everyday i use

1 Ethereal spackle
2 Balance and Brighten
3 BE blusher or Rose Gold Radiance from an older TSV
4 Estee Lauder eyebrows thingy
5 Urban Decay eyeshadow palate
6 Nivea Lip balm
7 Estee Lauder mascara
8 Bobbi Brown eyeliner

Stored on the dressing table in Laurie Grenier storage things with handles

I have 2 bags on the go. A small one with quick and easy makeup in it so I can dash on a bit of this or that at a moments notice and a bigger bag full of more stuff for when I want to do a seriously made up face for a night out or a function which are few and far between btw. Having the small bag saves me fiddling through loads of stuff just to find a certain lip gloss for a trip to the shops etc. The small bag has a Mally mascara, a tube of JW magic makeup, a tube of my favourite no7 lipgloss, one Mally eye stick in taupe and a Max Factor lipstick in English Rose.
The bigger bag has a multitude of sins in it including several items I bought but cannot or won`t use ( I have sensitive eyes and skin ) and lots more eye colours, lipsticks and foundations, blushers etc for when I have to apply more than a quick slick.
Both bags are from Penhaligons and were bought around 10 years ago in a sale. The smaller bag is a lilac leather makeup bag and the larger bag is a lilac leather small vanity case style. I don`t know if they still sell makeup bags to be honest because even though mine were quite expensive even in a sale, they still look like new and will probably last me a lifetime.

I have 2 bags on the go. A small one with quick and easy makeup in it so I can dash on a bit of this or that at a moments notice and a bigger bag full of more stuff for when I want to do a seriously made up face for a night out or a function which are few and far between btw. Having the small bag saves me fiddling through loads of stuff just to find a certain lip gloss for a trip to the shops etc. The small bag has a Mally mascara, a tube of JW magic makeup, a tube of my favourite no7 lipgloss, one Mally eye stick in taupe and a Max Factor lipstick in English Rose.
The bigger bag has a multitude of sins in it including several items I bought but cannot or won`t use ( I have sensitive eyes and skin ) and lots more eye colours, lipsticks and foundations, blushers etc for when I have to apply more than a quick slick.
Both bags are from Penhaligons and were bought around 10 years ago in a sale. The smaller bag is a lilac leather makeup bag and the larger bag is a lilac leather small vanity case style. I don`t know if they still sell makeup bags to be honest because even though mine were quite expensive even in a sale, they still look like new and will probably last me a lifetime.
I have a penthaligon's travelling jewelry wallet and no doubt not used as much as your makeup bags is also in pristine condition.

I have a penthaligon's travelling jewelry wallet and no doubt not used as much as your makeup bags is also in pristine condition.

Yes I think their stuff was made to last forever. I`ve just looked at their site out of curiosity and they no longer sell the small soft leather vanity case style of bag and their current makeup bags are a totally different style than mine. I`ve no idea if the quality is a good.

I have a Penhaligons black leather makeup bag from the last century, still going strong. I only carry some lip liners and whatever lipstick I am wearing that day in it. Oh and a Penhaligons keyring with a orange leather cat purse(it was a gift).

Otherwise I have various bags, some from QVC TSVs I keep my make up in. Usually by brand so NARS, Laura Mercier, Shu, Chantecaille, By Terry, Suqqu,Shiseido,Urban Decay, Prescriptives,Bobbi Brown,Hourglass and Chanel. Its easier for me to find stuff that way. Eyeliners are keep in their own bag, as are lipsticks. The only QVC stuff I know have is a few Smashbox brushes, some of their cream eyeliners. Never had the urge to buy Mally, Laura Mercier, YBF or BE.

I don't have a bag for storing make-up, I have a load of stacking boxes organised by category. I put what I need for the day in a make-up bag then put it all back in the boxes afterwards. I keep my brushes in the boxes too, I can't leave them sitting out because the cats will run off with them and chew them to bits...
I've got stuff from more brands than I can remember. From Q I like Bareminerals and Laura Geller, with the odd bit of Mally and Stila. I've had a couple of bits from YBF but not sure if I'd bother again. I did try a set from Dalton as was, but sent it back. It was actually really good formulation wise, just the colours were all wrong for me. Keep meaning to try something else.

Last edited:
I have Judith Williams miracle foundation and LG B&B and a lipstick. A lipstick queen lipstick, Smashbox blusher. Some Mally Starlights eyeliners. That's all I wear.

How big is yours ?? How rude :mysmilie_59: lol , I have items from Bareminerals , laura geller aswell as hightstreet brands , the items I go to daily are the Bareminerals foundation and the laura geller matte maker.

I am a makeup junkie and have a bag for each make!! My favourites are Mally and Laura Geller but I also use YBF, Smashbox, Doll10,Bare Minerals,New CID and more!

I have a storage box for all my skin care and make-up. I actually don't wear a heavily made-up look as I prefer a more natural finish. However, I still like a bit of foundation coverage, mascara and lipstick, I don't want my seriously ill patients waking up and thinking they have arrived in the land of the un-dead!

Mostly I have Clinique but I have an Estee Lauder in my shade, IC1 Shell, which is super pale (or I look like an orange clown), I have a brown mascara from Clinique and a Dior eyelner. I wear a pale nude Clinique lipstick. That's me daytime but if I am out on an evening I go heavier with blusher and a more coloured lipstick.

I really have too much make-up due to TSV purchases (I am a sucker!), I should sell some on ebay. I did that last year and was surprised by how well things sold.

Inge x

If I'm being honest, I have far too much. A bag for each make plus a vanity case of stuff I use most & a small bag to carry in my handbag.
Things I use a lot & repeat buy are BM foundation, Laura Geller B&B, Laura Geller blusher, Max Factor & Mally mascaras, Mally eye pencils, Bobbi Brown Gel Liner, & various lipsticks from Clarins, Revlon, Boots No7, Mac etc.

Skin care is mostly a mix of Clarins & No7 these days. Tried most of QVCs offerings but never been impressed enough to stick with them.

How long have you got? My everyday items currently are in a Kipling Kari makeup pouch: urban decay primer potion and naked basics palette, lilylolo eye liners, ancient smashbox browtech and models prefer brow pencil, alternating between the dregs of clinique even better foundation and new everyday minerals foundation and urban decay naked foundation, marks and spencer autograph primer, ancient Mojave magic yellow powder, various blushers on the go including smashbox, nars and marks and Spencer autograph, the body shop lipcrush lipsticks and BM Beauty lipgloss and mascara. Brushes and pencils stored in an empty jam jar.

My makeup stash is housed in a drawer set from asda, link below: primers, foundations concealers etc in the top drawer, then eye makeup, next blushers and bronzers, and lip products in the bottom drawer. Overflow/ little used products are in a beauty case bought off qvc I think as an oto when it was cheaper than elsewhere. Cant remember the make, Amps perhaps, and they do different models - st tropez I think was one. They're available from amazon and other online stores, the one I've got is about the size of a box of photocopier paper, you know the box size that holds four a4 reams of paper.
http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-Silver-4-Drawer-Unit/001497139,default,pd.html

I don't carry a makeup bag with me. Just a lipgloss in my handbag. All my makeup fits in a Liz Earle gift box that is about 8 inches by four and a couple of inches deep. Well other than a few lipglosses scattered about in handbags. I have one mascara, one blusher, one eyeliner and one eye liner. Three or four eyeshadows, a B&B and my BM foundation. The only other things I have are a couple of small BM radiances and a Touche Éclat.

I remember Mojave magic, Spartacus. What happened to that chap?

I only take a small makeup bag out with me but have a makeup case thing from a models prefer TSV and a wicker box on top of dressing table plus another box and a couple of bags in the top drawer! I have to thank Q for introducing me to Laura Geller for spackle and B&B although I do use other primers inc Mac and M&S and various foundations or tinted moisturisers. I am finding LG gives very good coverage though. I like LG blushers and also the Bobbi Brown glimmer brick or whatever it is called. I used to like the smashbox version, and their primer. I have endless old lipsticks but recently bought the Mally lip glosses which are OK. I used to really like Fran Wilson who was supposed to be so marvellous but is never on now. Also I do like yellow powder which Stacey first mentioned but I get Bobbi Brown's from the dreaded High Street. I now swear by serums and primers and I learnt about them from Q. I no longer use mascara as my eyelashes died after chemo but have various brands of colours around from over the years and they still seem OK, topped up with recent LG palettes. Not forgetting the essential Touché Éclat!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have two of these
http://www.salon-services.com/anima...auty-boxes--trolleys-pequipmentbea22_giraffe/
The giraffe one is full of nail polishes, nails inc, Leighton Denny, OPI plus high street brands.
I have the leopard spot box for my make up which has Mally, laura Geller, Mac, a few Clarins and Clinique lipsticks, some Benefit from the High Street and I have just bought one of the new foundations which are being advertised on TV to improve your skin( MAC about to run out and will replace next time I am in York or London )
I have a pencil case from Tesco which has three compartments and if I want to take any make up out with me I just pop what I want in there. It easily holds LG B&B, LG blusher lippy and a couple of brushes.

I love my boxes and got them from sally hair and beauty just before Christmas last year for £29.99 ( pressie from my son) I loved it so much I went back and got another.

That looks the box I've got from qvc. And your mentioning of a pencil case reminded me that I use a kipling freedom pencil case if I'm taking makeup brushes on trips away, its long enough to hold a full size smashbox powder brush

Latest posts

Back