Thoughts/Opinions on Bid rebrand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
So Bid have announced a pretty major rebrand:

As well ditching the £1.53 phone call, they are introducing variable P&P.

It seems that Bid is becoming a traditional shopping channel - each item will have an individual number, to buy you call the same number (charged at 20p a minute) and quote the item number.

They have re-branded to 'Shop at Bid'.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:
big announcement !!!

WELL.......waited with baited breath........Was that it ???
So now no price plunge or price going down !
Think its taken it to a new level..unappealing even more now the excitement gone now

My initial impression bearing in mind they have sold one product

i like it.

It actually looks like a shopping channel

I think it certainly feels much more professional. Not overly keen on the on-screen graphics - but the website looks so much better.

I guess the question will be - will they still sell the tat? I doubt they'd be able to see the crappy poundland products with this format?

2 weeks for delivery is a p*ss poor service.

I suspect most of the stock is now being sent direct from suppliers, who given the current state of the business would be unwilling to send out products before they have been paid in full by sit-up, hence the long delivery time

There'll be no more shocked faces each time the price falls, thus I think the presentation level will be pitched in a calmer manner. No more Dirty Peter shouting, "We're going lower! I can't believe this. Just buy at 'ome". It's going to be weird.

Well I won't ever be buying from Bid ever, when I have bought products from QVC and IW and they have delivered within 3 days.

Ironically, Debbie Greenwood would have been perfectly suited to the newer format. Looking at the listings for the next 24 hours, however, it's still the usual suspects: penny watches, throws and JPD stink.

There'll be no more shocked faces each time the price falls, thus I think the presentation level will be pitched in a calmer manner. No more Dirty Peter shouting, "We're going lower! I can't believe this. Just buy at 'ome". It's going to be weird.

Yes- it will be interesting to see how the likes of Sally Jacks or Peter Simon cope with the new format...surely no more "JUST BUY THIS AT 'OME!".

The graphics look very similar to Ideal World's a few years back.

It will be interesting to see the product variety over the next few days.

The delivery time is still disappointing.

They must be confidently creditors will agree the CVA ... Be interested how long an average call will cost, it was better when they called you back so it didn't matter if you had to repeat your name for the sixth time.

Why haven't they got the web address as shopatbid.tv? When they rebranded before the changed the URL just from a branding point of view you need to be the same across the board.

Logo looks naff and the on-screen graphics are definitely less slick then they were, but the small changes they made to their studio (the calmer blue lights instead of the bright orange) look much better.

Credit where due, although they've lost their USP and the format is more traditional, it means no more pressure selling with artificially limiting stock, clocks or scripted price drops. 20p a minute calls get a thumbs up too, especially assuming they'll have an account system that saves customer info so future calls would be much cheaper. In terms of Bid becoming more respectable, it's a great step.

I've had a quick peep at the website and there's hardly any stock. All the old stuff's been shunted over to Price drop that's unchanged. I reckon when all the stocks gone over there, they'll close the channel. Still expensive, but a better format. It's pretty much what they were doing anyway. They haven't held a proper auction rising or falling for over a year. They just played games with us regarding the prices and it was just irritating tbh, at least now they'll have to be honest and upfront. Think possibly the phone call will work out to be more expensive...can imagine they'll be a lot of "will you repeat that number for me" etc and them repeating back everything you said to them. As for p&p, I've seen a few slight changes but most items are still £7.99 including 2 feather light scarves! And to wait 2 weeks for an order to be delivered is unacceptable in this day and age! Hope this does work out and they do bring us good brands for good prices...Not holding my breath. No more JPD, Laurelle crap I hope. My local charity shop seems to have a joblot of Laurelle stinks and they'll all going for £2.99 a pop!

They must be confidently creditors will agree the CVA ... Be interested how long an average call will cost, it was better when they called you back so it didn't matter if you had to repeat your name for the sixth time.

Why haven't they got the web address as shopatbid.tv? When they rebranded before the changed the URL just from a branding point of view you need to be the same across the board.

CVA = forgone conclusion, most of the money is owed to two or three huge creditors who I suspect they have "in the bag", it the smaller businesses and freelancers I feel for

The logo is terrible did Mike's little angel design it?

The fake brick wall looks wrong Bid now looks like Price Drop.

The uniqueness of the Bid channels is slowly disappearing how much longer will Price-Drop last?

I do think the new logo is awful. I could have done better on Microsoft Word. But the studio certainly looks a lot better.

I've had a quick peep at the website and there's hardly any stock. All the old stuff's been shunted over to Price drop that's unchanged. I reckon when all the stocks gone over there, they'll close the channel.

Can't imagine them planning to shut down Bid in the near future after paying for a rebrand.
I would be surprised if Price Drop doesn't get the cutting block though (would explain the presenter exodus if they know the writing on the wall).

Does this they're only going to be doing items they can demonstrate? I can't see James going on about a meerkat gnome for a whole hour.

Latest posts

Back