HP laptop.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
The hard drive on my laptop needs replacing so I am having to use my phone to go online. I always promised myself I was going to buy a second laptop to have in reserve, for such an occasion. Obviously, it's a case of the horse and the stable door, but I ordered a HP model off the Q and it arrived in 3 days - brilliant! From the packaging, one would not have identified a problem. The interior box was equally well packaged I took the laptop out and, as I always do (I'm sure all savvy shoppers of the Q do the same), I examined it. Within the first two seconds, I noticed the film on the eior of the machine was creased and had, evidently, been removed and slapped back on. Hmm, bit iffy. On the underside of the film, was a bit of pink fluff. The battery had a deep scratch embedded into it. The touchpad had a tiny hair in it. Individually, these may seem quite trivial irrelevances but, combined, it all seems to be indicative of one thing : this laptop has been sent out and returned. I always buy my computers from the Q, as I know I will never have a problem with returns and, granted, I haven't. As usual, CS was extremely accommodating and asked me to return it. The problem is, I am still without internet access, other than my phone.
Now, I could be totally mistaken but, I don't think so. I am not paying full price for a machine which someone else has had at home. Anyone know if there is an upcoming tsv laptop/tablet? Before the last laptop tsv, although the spec was less than my acer, I said I would get it. What happened? I didn't. What happened? I'm up the creek without a paddle. I'll never learn!
I must add, though, I love the laptop; it is an i3 and my acer is an i5, but it is a lot faster. So I will be choosing the replacement option.

I almost got that laptop too but was put off with the fact that it didn't have Bluetooth. I noticed that with the other one Danny presented as well, the £379 laptop......looked very good but I just couldn't get myself to buy it without Bluetooth.

If you want an HP then go to the HP UK site, they usually have good deals on. Google round for extra codes as well to get extra off.

I have a *Compaq which HP manufacturer and got 3 years free warranty and great customer service in the UK as well. Mine was much cheaper than Currys or PC World and I found a code and got an extra 5% off on top. Delivered the next day as well.

*All my laptops have been Compaq so I stay with the brand. The first one was third hand and I got a good few years from it. The last one was Vista and I had it four years but gave it away they put Windows 7 in it and its still working.

I loved my old Compaq (first laptop), but the mains connection kept coming loose so it had to go.

Apple have started doing occasional 10 months interest free (if it's not on, keep checking - usually offered weekends/end of month) or you can pick up bargains from their re-furb store.

Latest posts

Back