Bid still selling the same old rubbish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
On Monday they were promising brands at great prices.

We have had nothing of the sort. It's the same old crap with the extortionate p&p and did I hear Mike Mason say 14 working days for delivery?

Really who wants to wait that long at that high price???

Bid, you are on another planet to the rest of us! :mysmilie_10:

On Monday they were promising brands at great prices.

We have had nothing of the sort. It's the same old crap with the extortionate p&p and did I hear Mike Mason say 14 working days for delivery?

Really who wants to wait that long at that high price???

Bid, you are on another planet to the rest of us! :mysmilie_10:

Their delivery times are almost as long as their debt repayment plans.

I'll pass, i'm pretty sure there are cheaper and faster alternatives. I think so anyway.

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would even buy anything from them anyway. It's the equivalent of going into a shop and letting a pushy staff member convince you to buy a load of things you don't need. If I want something, I'll do my research to find the best product at the best price, even if it takes a while to settle on something. With Amazon and other reputable online sellers posting items quickly and allowing very easy returns, there is just no point in using shopping channels for anything at all. I think the problem is they're stuck in the 1980s and the people who used to use them regularly and now all dying of old age, so they've no audience left. I don't think this will still be around by the end of the year.

Even if I turned over one day to see Mike selling the exact product I'd already decided to buy, and at a cheaper price (including delivery), I still wouldn't go for it. In fact, I'd rather pay a few pounds more to have something within a day or two than to wait up to three weeks and then waste another load of time and money on returning it if it's not right.

Their delivery times are almost as long as their debt repayment plans.

And as I warned in another thread, if you order between today and next Tuesday you may never see your goods if next Tuesday's creditor meeting doesn't go as planned. If their CVA proposal did have a 50% threshold for acceptance then they probably would clear that without problems, but 75% carries a significantly greater risk if one creditor decides to play it tough. (ITV might want one of their expensive Freeview channel slots for themselves...who knows?)

Plus Sit-up now has a big problem with "Shop at Bid". Yes they've reformed the buying process and changed the graphics so they look more like Ideal World, but virtually everything else is the same as before minus what few plus points (buyer names scrolling across the screen, etc.) they did have which made them at least a bit distinct from everything else. Now they're a poor Ideal World clone with a selection of largely third-rate presenters and fifth-rate products delivered at 19th century speeds.

Fingers crossed for the Stephen Gayford art evening :wink:

Was the scrolling names things a plus point? It was only usually the same three or four on loop. Seeing that a Deirdre from Doncaster has bought a bag of compost for £29.99 + P&P wouldn't convince me to pick up my phone.

And as I warned in another thread, if you order between today and next Tuesday you may never see your goods if next Tuesday's creditor meeting doesn't go as planned. If their CVA proposal did have a 50% threshold for acceptance then they probably would clear that without problems, but 75% carries a significantly greater risk if one creditor decides to play it tough. (ITV might want one of their expensive Freeview channel slots for themselves...who knows?)

Plus Sit-up now has a big problem with "Shop at Bid". Yes they've reformed the buying process and changed the graphics so they look more like Ideal World, but virtually everything else is the same as before minus what few plus points (buyer names scrolling across the screen, etc.) they did have which made them at least a bit distinct from everything else. Now they're a poor Ideal World clone with a selection of largely third-rate presenters and fifth-rate products delivered at 19th century speeds.

Fingers crossed for the Stephen Gayford art evening :wink:

They could add some much needed gravitas to Gayford Evening by asking the incomparable Lisa Brash to oversee proceedings.

Latest posts

Back