the end of tiffany lights on QVC??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I know their shows and tsv's have dwindled but I'm really sad and shocked to hear that tonight was the last tiffany style lighting and that the shows and lights are no more.I personally love this range and have a handful of lights that TBH are nicer and cheaper (for once!!) than the high street.I really really love them in my home and at least they were something not on too often and were a little bit different on QVC.

I'm really gutted!!!!

Tiffany Lighting

Antony has just said it was his last show, shame I liked him.

I know their shows and tsv's have dwindled but I'm really sad and shocked to hear that tonight was the last tiffany style lighting and that the shows and lights are no more.I personally love this range and have a handful of lights that TBH are nicer and cheaper (for once!!) than the high street.I really really love them in my home and at least they were something not on too often and were a little bit different on QVC.

I'm really gutted!!!!

I have them too thought the lamps always sold well.

How sad :(

I received a TSV about 10 years ago of a matching large and small Tiffany lamp, which my ex gave me for Mother's day after I had commented on how lovely they were. It is hands down my very favourite QVC acquisition and certainly one that regularly gets admired when people visit. The two I have are really lovely quality.

I really don't like them but at least it was a range of product that was different to the usual fashion, jewellery and health & beauty. Don't want QVC going the same way as Idea World.

oh thanks SCW I do hope thats the case.i wonder what dale was making a song and dance about it not being back,but never say never and all that....silly man.actually I do quite like dale lol.

I suppose its to make room for wall to wall beauty,ultrasun and gardening shows :mysmilie_10:

I heard Craigy say that this was the last Tiffany show of the season. He added that, although the lamps will not be on air, they will still be available to purchase. I can't understand the reason for limiting the shows to the winter season. Does no-one use any form of lighting the rest of the year?:giggle:

Friday was the last show of the season for the TSL shows. I think there was a show last year in May or June because I watch the shows regularly and was surprised that there was one in the summer. I suppose one of the selling points is that in the dark season of autumn and winter they 'shine' whereas in summer when it's light until 9.00pm, people use them less and don't think about buying them. I figure that the artisans are in their cottages working away producing the lamps for the new season. Yes, sadly Friday was Anthony's last day as the rep for Tiffany ... He didn't say what he would be doing or why he was leaving. Q gave him a bottle of something - bubbly, I suppose - on air at the end of the evening show. It was very nicely done but still sad to see someone leave who did a good job on air. He was very enthusiastic about the product.

I have 2 tiffany lights from QVC - both bought years ago (probably 8 ) and look brilliant. I use mine winter and summer. I have a large Roses and Ribbons purple 3d one with dimmer switch and a very small orange/green one with a dimmer switch

I use mine all year round too.It just means in the summer months they come on slightly later in the evening.

So they've pulled the plug on Tiffany eh? Who needs a lamp in the shape of a chicken / tortoise / butterfly? Admittedly their lamps can look good in the right settings - a barn conversion or country cottage but I'm a bit sick of them. I just bought an art deco lamp in black, white and silver!

If you go to some of the big outdoor antique fairs, usually held in showgrounds, then there is normally an area where reproduction stuff is being sold by vendors. I bought my tiffany style lamp this way, and paid a lot less than qvc prices.

lol julius,I dont have any novelty ones.nor do I live in a barn or cottage.my house is of the Victorian period.I shall keep an eye out for them elsewhere - but i/ do have to say the ones from qvc do seemed to have been a bit different from the ones I seen for sale elsewhere

lol julius,I dont have any novelty ones.nor do I live in a barn or cottage.my house is of the Victorian period.I shall keep an eye out for them elsewhere - but i/ do have to say the ones from qvc do seemed to have been a bit different from the ones I seen for sale elsewhere

Do you mean they are better quality on QVC rainbowdottie or better elsewhere? I bought a lovely lamp from a shop in Chester a good few years back, and it is lovely. I have my eye on one off QVC, but it is expensive, and I am wondering what the quality is like. I keep hoping it will go in clearance but no luck yet!

There's a lighting shop opposite Morrisons in Acton High Street (W3). They sell tiffany lamps in there. Get on the E3 or the number 70 bus and take a look!

Aah, I think its sad that Tiffany is going. I have the rooster. It was the first thing I bought from QVC about 8 or 9 years ago! It is lovely and is in the right setting, LOL. Good quality too. That a shame, another show bites the dust, and as you say rainbowdottie, the slot will make room for yet more beauty products!:mysmilie_503:

Do you mean they are better quality on QVC rainbowdottie or better elsewhere? I bought a lovely lamp from a shop in Chester a good few years back, and it is lovely. I have my eye on one off QVC, but it is expensive, and I am wondering what the quality is like. I keep hoping it will go in clearance but no luck yet!

I find the quality for the price is better on QVC.I live in London and find many stores stock them but they are a very stock item and a poor relation to my QVC ones.There is also quite a large vintage shop in Brighton that sell lots of them - and whilst these are a bit more attractive and a bit more up my street,the prices are astronomical.

My dh did break my one in the hall by knocking it off the table as he was carrying something through and I did manage one to buy one from past times which is ok - its livable - I just find the price and the quality is better at QVC.

I have one in my living room,bought from qvc, which is quite big and round in shape - but it has windows with lighthouses,windmills etc in-between the windows.I bought it on a clearance price and its my favourite.I've never seen anything like it in any other shop or fair and I do look regularly.

I find the quality for the price is better on QVC.I live in London and find many stores stock them but they are a very stock item and a poor relation to my QVC ones.There is also quite a large vintage shop in Brighton that sell lots of them - and whilst these are a bit more attractive and a bit more up my street,the prices are astronomical.

My dh did break my one in the hall by knocking it off the table as he was carrying something through and I did manage one to buy one from past times which is ok - its livable - I just find the price and the quality is better at QVC.

I have one in my living room,bought from qvc, which is quite big and round in shape - but it has windows with lighthouses,windmills etc in-between the windows.I bought it on a clearance price and its my favourite.I've never seen anything like it in any other shop or fair and I do look regularly.

Thanks for the info Rainbowdottie. I shall keep a good eye on the lamp I like, and if it doesn't go into clearance, I shall just have to pay full price. I already know where it is going!

There are still 71 items under the Tiffany heading on the Q UK website http://www.qvcuk.com/Home-&-Kitchen...00074+4294966525&brand=Tiffany+Style+Lighting maybe worth ordering sooner rather than later if there's a lamp you really want in case it isn't restocked.

We have few lamps downstairs because our house rabbit can't resist biting the wires and all our plugs are at bunny level; but I do like the look of many of the tiffany lamps.

Latest posts

Back