Jan Springer!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I actually really like Jan Springer. She has a very calm, relaxing voice. I don't think the Germaine Greer look becomes her. She looks like she should be working in an antique bookshop!

Does she give a "Final Thought" at the end of the show , or do I have the wrong springer :mysmilie_59:

Her look has never changed in all the time I have been watching Q with the exception of one show where they glamed her all up with makeup and her hair up - you would not have recognised her, made me wonder why she didn't take the hint. There is a fine difference between being your own woman and looking like a bag lady.

I like her look, she's there to share her knowledge she's not a model. She does come across as knowledgable and calm not desperate to flog her own brand of stuff. So what if she looks likeGermaine Greer? I appreciate that her presence on the shows doesn't make it uwatchable like some guests. She also seems to work well with the QVC presenters without competing with them. She's just fine the way she is.

I like her look too. Love the naturally-greying-mature-stylish haircut and minimal makeup. Very sophisticated. I was actually looking at her last night and thinking that I will aim for that hairstyle by my 50th birthday, a mere 3 years away!

I have no problem with the grey, just tidy it up and wear something which doesn't end up looking like a big lump of greyness. Infact I am trying to pluck up enough courage to go full grey ( if I left it alone I would be like a piebald pony whereas I want that sharp grey or full white) but it needs a very very good cut to set off.

I like Jan Springer too. She looks like a cross between Germaine Greer, a librarian and an older Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction. She's worked in her industry since 1970 so I guess she started out very young. I wonder what she looked like back then?! Probably just the same! At least her look is consistent unlike Suzy Adams who's tried every possible look under the sun.

Her look has never changed in all the time I have been watching Q with the exception of one show where they glamed her all up with makeup and her hair up - you would not have recognised her, made me wonder why she didn't take the hint. There is a fine difference between being your own woman and looking like a bag lady.

Bag lady's a bit harsh isn't it??

Bag lady's a bit harsh isn't it??

I thought so! She's always looked well groomed to me. Now what's her name Tarrant on the other hand, looks like she's been dragged through a bush backwards if you ask me.

Sorry to offend but I don't think anyone could describe Jan's hair as well groomed, it has nothing whatsoever to do with her ability to present a gold show but it is not a good look at all.

Latest posts

Back