£9.99 P&P for One Day Special hanging baskets & plants

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
What are they thinking of?

Bid could be a direct competitor to Ideal World but not at that extortionate delivery charge!

Utter disgrace. :mysmilie_455:

Totally agree with you Greg! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the P&P. Thought the usual £7.99 P&P was bad enough, but this is just outrageous! If they want to attract more buyers they are going completely the wrong way!

Totally agree with you Greg! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the P&P. Thought the usual £7.99 P&P was bad enough, but this is just outrageous! If they want to attract more buyers they are going completely the wrong way!

Couldn't have put it much better myself! Pretty much the only thing they could have done to improve things if they couldn't rustle up some decent stock was to do something about their extortionate p&p, yes, they've said they have, I haven't seen much evidence of that so far - the vast majority of items appear still to be £7.99 and there doesn't seem to be much reasoning to it either as a pair of chiffon scarves which would barely register on the scales was included in this! I appreciate that some items are going to cost more if they're really heavy, but in these early days of change - Why fgs highlight this ridiculously arbitary system by attatching an even higher p&p to something that's been touted as a "special deal"!

A very brief look online has shown me that these baskets cost about a fiver each, so already four will set you back less than this wonderous deal and the dearest P&P I've found is £6.99 - most are less!

Quite frankly they should have changed the name of the channel to "Shop at Bid if you you like paying over the odds for your tat!" -Got a certain ring to it dontcha think!

Couldn't have put it much better myself! Pretty much the only thing they could have done to improve things if they couldn't rustle up some decent stock was to do something about their extortionate p&p, yes, they've said they have, I haven't seen much evidence of that so far - the vast majority of items appear still to be £7.99 and there doesn't seem to be much reasoning to it either as a pair of chiffon scarves which would barely register on the scales was included in this! I appreciate that some items are going to cost more if they're really heavy, but in these early days of change - Why fgs highlight this ridiculously arbitary system by attatching an even higher p&p to something that's been touted as a "special deal"!

A very brief look online has shown me that these baskets cost about a fiver each, so already four will set you back less than this wonderous deal and the dearest P&P I've found is £6.99 - most are less!

Quite frankly they should have changed the name of the channel to "Shop at Bid if you you like paying over the odds for your tat!" -Got a certain ring to it dontcha think!

I think you are being a bit unfair here merryone as these are the latest of the hanging baskets which are brand new with the hot off the production line watering system fountain balls

These are not only the professional hanging baskets, Not only with the galvanised chain, Not only with the latest of the built in watering systems, Not only were the first of the fountain balls delivered on Thursday, Not only are you the first people to get the chance to buy them so at £24.99 + the p&p I'd say its a bargain that's not being appreciated here and I won't have it

Last edited:
I think you are being a bit unfair here merryone as these are the latest of the hanging baskets which are brand new with the hot off the production line watering system fountain balls

These are not only the professional hanging baskets, Not only with the galvanised chain, Not only with the latest of the built in watering systems, Not only were the first of the fountain balls delivered on Thursday, Not only are you the first people to get the chance to buy them so at £24.99 + the p&p I'd say its a bargain that's not being appreciated here and I won't have it

Blimey have you been drinking Wirral's beer? :giggle:

Put them out of their misery shut them down completely no name changing, just close them sad for 300 odd staff but, they been taking the pi** for too long especially the £7.99 p&p.

Latest posts

Back