Waste of paper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't understand it either and I avoid using beautiful papers that way because if I've spent money on beautiful papers I want to see them. They then say how cheap one sheet works out and that you can afford to layer them up....... NO!!!!! See the papers and don't waste them.
My layers are usually done with plain card or paper,sometimes it's just cheap white card that has a promarker coloured border if only a few millimetres are showing, plus I often gut the piece as I see no point in wasting the bit that won't show - I cut a smaller mat from this or use it for a die cut embellishment which I know will then match perfectly.

I just don't understand the layering where beautiful card/paper is covered leaving a 3mm border, what a waste.

The guests very often reference this, and at least Nancy and Jodie have explained they only do it for speed on TV, that if they were at home they would use the "waste" space for dies or punches. They only do it because it's easiest for live shows.

Used to drive me nuts 'til they started explaining that they weren't being wasteful.

Thanks craftee, then they should stop. If it is not mentioned what they are doing for quickness very regularly, which would be boring beyond belief, then people may copy, especially newbies to craft who are eager to follow every step until confident. Take shortcuts, yes, but acceptable ones, they should have frames ready.

Latest posts

Back