Shylock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

joe69

Registered Shopper
Is it me but is Shylock getting more irritating by the minute or is it just over exposure?

His over-use of 'dear' and mock amazement with the guest presenters.....you can use the steam mop on your mattress, wow!

His constant allusion to poor, working class beginnings and how ordinary he is. As you would be working in Harrods etc and counting Racine and Flaubert as your favourite authors. He is either pretentious or very disingenuous.

His surprise at the fixed prices which he would know about anyway.

I used to quite like him when he stuck to fragrances but now his mannerisms and belief in his own press irritate me.

In fact I prefer Gollum now!

He was one of the worst (probably the worst) at doing the fake shocked face when the price was revealed... infact he'd base his sales pitch around it a lot of the time. Now he can't really do that & he's struggling imo, He looks very unprofessional & his sales pitches are all over the place. He really doesn't suit this new format.

He was one of the worst (probably the worst) at doing the fake shocked face when the price was revealed... infact he'd base his sales pitch around it a lot of the time. Now he can't really do that & he's struggling imo, He looks very unprofessional & his sales pitches are all over the place. He really doesn't suit this new format.

I can't watch either Shylock or the barrow boy ... MM. They have got to be two of the most irritating presenters ever. I know for certain they will never sell me anything.:mysmilie_10:

I can't watch either Shylock or the barrow boy ... MM. They have got to be two of the most irritating presenters ever. I know for certain they will never sell me anything.:mysmilie_10:

I'm with you Kathy on this. Sometimes I think Shylock has taken something because he appears hyperactive and sweating.

He is the only buyer I know who claimed not know what price it would be sold at!

PJ

Once upon a time he was a decent and well-respected presenter even if he played up his cosmetic connections from time to time. Nowadays his reputation has been shot to pieces for anyone who isn't just a casual viewer. Also he seems to have aged alarmingly in the last two years despite all the beauty products he constantly hawks, which must say something in itself.

Where did it all go wrong?

He had a permanent amazed look when I saw him earlier with the iMedia guy, like his tablet was an invention akin to the wheel!

Recently all he seems to do is clear his throat and talk Spanish.

I always look forward to his presentations, he's one of my favourites.

Peter get's the job done in an affable and yet accurate manner. It's rare that a beauty expert will champion those customers with less money to spend and we should applaud him for that.

I like him.

I always look forward to his presentations, he's one of my favourites.

Peter get's the job done in an affable and yet accurate manner. It's rare that a beauty expert will champion those customers with less money to spend and we should applaud him for that.

I like him.

Wirral, with respect, go boil yer head! You're talking ballcocks my friend!! with respect! :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_8:

Peter Sherlock seemed to be morphing into Peter Simon today.

He was flogging some hideous, tatty lamp and he said "it's New York Penthouse, it's Paris, it's intricacy."

Meaningless drivel.

Wirral, with respect, go boil yer head! You're talking ballcocks my friend!! with respect! :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_8:

Do you think someone has been on the piste............:mysmilie_17:

I won't deny that I find your obtuse comments both disappointing and devastating.

He's been sniffing the Pride of Sexxy Oud De Versailles again :mysmilie_14:

(Seriously they ought to produce a perfume with all the elements of the above. It'll be a best-seller.)

Latest posts

Back