Alternatives to QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I used to watch QVC late at night but it's not so entertaining, so I've switched to watching episodes of "Sons & Daughters." It's this really old Australian soap and it's quite riveting. I've already watched through all 692 episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H which I thought was amazing. Sometimes I tune into TJC.

Here is the theme tune to Sons & Daughters. It's quite astonishing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKgSfAL0-d4

What other alternatives are the to QVC?

I used to love Sons &Daughters, it was bonkers. But for the ultimate in bonkers soaps, you should watch Sunset Beach if it is ever aired again. Fabulous in all its madness.

PS keep your eyes peeled for the white stilettos the S&D heroine always wears regardless of place, dress or occasion! Not sure what series that is mind! It did go on for a while..... But I think it indicates the budget they had to work with.

Last edited:
Sons and Daughters oh my goodness that's an oldie. Was Pat the Rat in it or am I mixing it up with another Aussie soap.

Sons and Daughters oh my goodness that's an oldie. Was Pat the Rat in it or am I mixing it up with another Aussie soap.

No, you are right. Patricia is in it. She seems very evil! I love the theme tune. It's got a rather unique style. The woman sounds a bit like Barbara Streisand. Only after 3 minutes and a key change does it start to get a bit more lively and they get into it. I can't believe how brown everything was too. All that brown Dralon furniture! Very 80s!

I always watched Sons and Daughters in the early 80s. It was shown in the afternoons on weekdays, so I used to tape it while at work and watch it later.
Patricia (Rowena Wallace) made a few appearances in Eastenders a while ago, she was a customer at Phil's garage.

I always watched Sons and Daughters in the early 80s. It was shown in the afternoons on weekdays, so I used to tape it while at work and watch it later.
Patricia (Rowena Wallace) made a few appearances in Eastenders a while ago, she was a customer at Phil's garage.

Gosh! I never knew that. Will have to look it up. I like old soaps. I used to love Crossroads and Albion Market. Sometimes I watch old episodes of Coronation St. My favourite though was Prisoner Cell Block H.

I never missed an episode of either, and have watched the reruns over and over again. How are you watching Sons and Daughters, Julius?

I never missed an episode of either, and have watched the reruns over and over again. How are you watching Sons and Daughters, Julius?

They are on Youtube. I am not sure if all are on there. I hope they are though. I will upset if episodes are missing!

I was a student in the early 80s and we regularly watched S&D but the favourite was "The Young Doctors" fabulous low budget Australian hospital soap. There was also a UK afternoon soap based in a "fashion house" (I use the phrase loosely) called "Jems" (I think) or possibly "Gems" it was truly awful, in a good way!

I used to watch QVC late at night but it's not so entertaining, so I've switched to watching episodes of "Sons & Daughters." It's this really old Australian soap and it's quite riveting. I've already watched through all 692 episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H which I thought was amazing. Sometimes I tune into TJC.

Here is the theme tune to Sons & Daughters. It's quite astonishing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKgSfAL0-d4

What other alternatives are the to QVC?

Best programme ever made in my humble opinion. It's as camp as a row of tents but it can tug at the old heartstrings as well. I've watched it all the way through twice now. This thread has made me a bit nostalgic, so I might have another hike through them. That's my life over for 9 months then.

I used to watch it in RO Ireland TV but for some reason they only showed a batch and stopped. Later they would start all over again, so I have seem bit of it a few times but others not at all. This was fairly typical of this channel in the 80/90s - Sons & Daughters used to be the first show of the day on a Friday at 2pm but it was often nearly 2.30 before it got up and running. I never understood how the first programme of the day could run late. Oh the joys of vintage TV.

I too used to watch many of the Australian soaps. Did anyone else watch 'The Sullivans' that used to be a real favourite of mine.

Carole

I've watched a couple of episodes of S and D. My Nan loved the series and the theme tune. I always think of her when I hear that. Loved Cell Block H and the new series is brilliant! I remember watching Corrie when I was a little girl too.

Latest posts

Back