ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Ultrasun 3 Piece Face SPF30 Favourites Collection

QVC Price: £39.00

One Time Only Price : £32.52

P&P: £3.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Ultrasun-3-Pie...05922.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@21c221c2

Ultrasun three-piece Face Favourites Collection. This three-piece set includes a variety of sun creams that are designed to protect your face. A must-have set from Ultrasun that's perfect for holidays.

Contains:

•1 x Face 30 (50ml) - apply in the shade to clean dry skin, 15 to 20 minutes before sun exposure
•1 x Tinted Face 30 (50ml) - apply to clean dry skin 15 to 20 minutes before sun exposure, smooth over face evenly
•1 x Ultralip 15 (4.8g) - re-apply to clean dry lips throughout the day or as required

On the gardening hour, Catherine has mentioned Ultrasun will be on, to take care of the gardeners. Fair enough, I can understand that completely. When she continued to tell us, it was used in schools, I was aghast. I don't think any state schools where I live would pay the prices Ultrasun demands. I do think it is worth it, for a once a day application, but I don't think it will be in a school's budget. When the finances are examined, do you think the board of governors would agree it was money well spent? Whilst I do concur that schools should have a SPF for children it is, ultimately, the responsibiilty of the parents to ensure their child is protected. A once a day isn't necessary, however, as the child is at school for maybe 7 hours? Once they get home, the parents can apply whichever lotion they use, to last the rest of the day.
I don't think it's a case of not living in the real world - I guarantee that the schools her children attended wouldn't have spent this kind of money on SPF (if they bought it at all) and, as she and the other presenters are well aware of this, it is, essentially, a selling ploy, to emphasise the reputation of the product.
Note to self : I really need to start using a SPF. I find it amazing and somewhat hard to believe, that one application will protect the wearer all day.

Last edited:
When my kids were at school (now late teens) every child had to take in their own bottle of sunscreen and apply it themselves. Knowing that their idea of application would be a small stripe up each arm (if that) I used P20 on them and for a pair of blondies they never burnt.

I like P20 and the strong alcohol content didn't really bother me but I know many with dry skin don't like it. I stocked up with the newer spf30 that P20 make from Ideal World recently so we're pretty much set for summer hols this year. I didn't like the textures of the range of ultrasun products I've tried. If we're abroad and out in the sun for the whole day we'll still top up with superdrug's suncream on tops of shoulders, feet etc - the bits that are more likely to burn. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I find it amazing and somewhat hard to believe, that one application will protect the wearer all day.

I've never found these "once a day" applications last all day. I've burnt with Ultrasun when I did a once a day application, despite applying it properly. I'd rather apply Soltan 3 times a day, still works out cheaper. Though I do have the most porcelain skin going, so it may work all day for others.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back