Debbie Flint...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
Who dresses her?

If she has a stylist she should sack her, if she doesn't she should get one! LOL.

I don't want to be cruel, but she is on TV, so could dress a bit classier or just less "day at the zoo with the kids during half term" :mysmilie_13:

To be fair she can look very good at times. I like her hair (but not today) and make up. Is her hair slightly lighter now, I liked it better when it was auburn.

This does not excuse her Del Boy tactics though.

I am not keen on the clothes, then I think that's because I don't really like many of the clothes from qvc. But at least she knows her own body shape/size and is honest with herself and everyone else about her size and shape.

At least she gives sizes and colours. Julia and flinty are the only ones who seem to be able to recognise when the famous cards are not accurate and can give an idea of the fit.

I wonder if it is because they are more average sizes rather than the others who are much smaller.

I do appreciate JR and DF with their attention to sizing - particularly with shoes.
And I think Debbie does well working with the limitations of her broad bone structure, the need to wear up-and-coming QVC fashions AND the unfortunate fact that tv puts pounds on as an optical illusion.

I would like a presenter who is in the bigger size ranges 2 & 3 xl.

All the sales grumpy the presenters spout (one colour/size/fabric suits all), really should be demonstrated as fact, shouldn't it? :mysmilie_17:

The only problem is that the poor 2-3xl presenter would be continually blasted, ripped apart and sniped at for their magnificent curves. Can't win, can you?

I do appreciate JR and DF with their attention to sizing - particularly with shoes.
And I think Debbie does well working with the limitations of her broad bone structure, the need to wear up-and-coming QVC fashions AND the unfortunate fact that tv puts pounds on as an optical illusion.

I would like a presenter who is in the bigger size ranges 2 & 3 xl.

All the sales grumpy the presenters spout (one colour/size/fabric suits all), really should be demonstrated as fact, shouldn't it? :mysmilie_17:

The only problem is that the poor 2-3xl presenter would be continually blasted, ripped apart and sniped at for their magnificent curves. Can't win, can you?

The same way that Joy and the other curvy model is constantly 'picked' on for being the 2XL size. Only rarely are we told that the other models are in a size small - well they WOULD be wouldn't they :puke:

DF and other presenters look a fright sometimes - do they not look in the mirror before going "on air"?

[/B]

The same way that Joy and the other curvy model is constantly 'picked' on for being the 2XL size. Only rarely are we told that the other models are in a size small - well they WOULD be wouldn't they :puke:

You've misunderstood. My grump at least about Joy isn't that she's a 2XL or whatever, it's that she's not a standard shape so she doesn't show us what the clothes would look like on most of us who are above Medium size and of normal proportions*. They need to either use a minimizing bra or a different model. One time when she was on with the model (Tanya, maybe?) and they turned round to show us the rear view of whatever it was they were modelling, there wasn't much difference in the bum size, but Joy is top-heavy. Very.

*Almost back to medium size again! :mysmilie_5:

At least she gives sizes and colours. Julia and flinty are the only ones who seem to be able to recognise when the famous cards are not accurate and can give an idea of the fit.

I wonder if it is because they are more average sizes rather than the others who are much smaller.

Hush your mouth! Julia is not average, she is a size SMALL!:mysmilie_8:

I remember seeing her in that advert for that Saturday Night Gifts show before Christmas, she was wearing a fitted knee length dress and looked absolutely fantastic, she was all in proportion and had a very Nigella-esque figure. It's a shame half the clothes she wears don't flatter it at all.

You've misunderstood. My grump at least about Joy isn't that she's a 2XL or whatever, it's that she's not a standard shape so she doesn't show us what the clothes would look like on most of us who are above Medium size and of normal proportions*. They need to either use a minimizing bra or a different model. One time when she was on with the model (Tanya, maybe?) and they turned round to show us the rear view of whatever it was they were modelling, there wasn't much difference in the bum size, but Joy is top-heavy. Very.

*Almost back to medium size again! :mysmilie_5:

To be honest Joy is not the shape to model clothes, I know plenty Ladies who are large fitting but no one I know look anything like Joy, she is too out front and too out back...imo she is too out of proportion to model fashion. DF is what I think of as large....

Latest posts

Back