Ann Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Good of Ann Dawson to take some care over her appearance today,NOT.
She looks as if she's chucked on what ever fell out of the wardrobe, then scraped her hair back with a grip. Not a good look.

QVC was on showing the easi-yo show and mum walked in the room and said "who is the older lady there with the demonstrator?" She was shocked when she realised it was AD.

I was shocked when I saw Ann D, imo she didn't look well.

I thought she looked better than normal!! The fringe clipped back was a bit too much la Tarrant perhaps but at least it was not hanging lank and the colour seemed softer than the usual brassy yellow.

But then my expectations are set quite low

I would dearly love to see some of the nasties who post on this forum, how on earth would you like someone to make dreadful comments on how you look or what you wear, why do you bother tuning in to watch QVC at all ? It's a shopping channel for God's sake, not a beauty pageant. Please get a life.

I thought the LATI's comments were slightly complimentary, far worse has been said on here. Everyone's allowed an opinion and most folk on TV know they're the subject of much criticism, what would really hurt them would be no one watching or commenting.

Rather than attack the poster, 'twould be to offer a counter-argument.

Telling a forum-member not to watch would be like me telling you not to read this forum, and I'd never say that!

I would dearly love to see some of the nasties who post on this forum, how on earth would you like someone to make dreadful comments on how you look or what you wear, why do you bother tuning in to watch QVC at all ? It's a shopping channel for God's sake, not a beauty pageant. Please get a life.

It's a discussion forum. That means people air differing views, some of them negative, some positive. If you take offence to such things, maybe this forum is not for you.

I thought she looked better than normal!! The fringe clipped back was a bit too much la Tarrant perhaps but at least it was not hanging lank and the colour seemed softer than the usual brassy yellow.

But then my expectations are set quite low

Well you made me search for a clip and Anne's in the video for this item if anyone's missed her hours today: http://www.qvcuk.com/Marble-Printed...t.106461.html?sc=[Ljava.lang.String;@40ee40ee

I agree her hair does look softer, but I think it's too straight and flat to her head. I know the geeky glasses suit some faces but they're seem too heavy for Anne's face; her hair being so pale it blends into her face and lacks definition (imo).

I thought the LATI's comments were slightly complimentary, far worse has been said on here. Everyone's allowed an opinion and most folk on TV know they're the subject of much criticism, what would really hurt them would be no one watching or commenting.

Rather than attack the poster, 'twould be to offer a counter-argument.

Telling a forum-member not to watch would be like me telling you not to read this forum, and I'd never say that!

I thought my post was a positive response as I really don't like Anne's normal style and I was going to respond to defend my "nasty" post but decided the poster was entitled to her opinion so I accepted it but would have preferred not to be called nasty

Well I for one think this forum is pretty polite. I can't imagine people hold back from saying exactly what they think on Facebook or Twitter.

Its just another case of someone trying to cause trouble , rise above it , they don't contribute to the forum , just try and knock it :mysmilie_3:

I thought my post was a positive response as I really don't like Anne's normal style and I was going to respond to defend my "nasty" post but decided the poster was entitled to her opinion so I accepted it but would have preferred not to be called nasty

I wouldn't regard your comments as nasty at all. Just because you may not agree with someone else's opinion, does not mean it is nasty, or wrong. Personally, I didn't think she looked any different to usual; it is subjective. I certainly did not think she looked ill. I cannot stand her as a presentr, but her appearance is that of an everyday middle aged woman. Television demands that presenters are attractive, slim, and charismatic. This is a forum, which allows us to relate our opinions. I have never been overtly nasty about a presenter. Critical? Definitely. If they put themselves in a position, where they are doing a job a lot of us would love to have the opportunity to do, and for which they are well paid, they have to be prepared for people to make comments, some positive, others negative.

If all we ever wrote were nicey nicey ( and they`d often be untrue ! ) comments then this forum would grind to a halt on many a day. Negative comments don`t always mean they`e nasty comments, far from it. We get a lot of positive feedback but it`s always useful to have negative feedback too and that goes for feedback about presenters and guests too. If we, the customers dislike certain presenting styles or methods of selling, then we`re at liberty to say so. If we, the customers watch Q then we`re at liberty to comment on what we see and that includes what people wear etc, especially if they want us to buy it.
It`s no different than going into a bricks and mortar shop for a new foundation let`s say and the woman trying to sell you that foundation has horrible skin, a scruffy uniform and is wearing her makeup trowelled on and then she tries to tell you she knows what she`s on about. You`d walk away and probably discuss the experience with your OH, a friend or maybe even the next sales assistant who serves you as you should be served. It`s life !

I do wonder why sometimes people take offence so easily. I am known for being quite an opinionated person but I have enough awareness to know that my opinion, like any one person's opinion, is by no means definitive. Ann Dawson is in the public eye. She has a face like a smacked a*se and a voice like out of tune bagpipes! Of course she will garner comment!

It`s no different than going into a bricks and mortar shop for a new foundation let`s say and the woman trying to sell you that foundation has horrible skin, a scruffy uniform and is wearing her makeup trowelled on and then she tries to tell you she knows what she`s on about. You`d walk away and probably discuss the experience with your OH, a friend or maybe even the next sales assistant who serves you as you should be served. It`s life !

While I agree with your point generally I feel it's a bit unfair to judge someone's expertise etc by their skin; who knows what medical/hereditary skin problems they might have, what they might have tried to fix it and whatnot. Some skin issues are nigh on impossible to get rid of, whatever you use on your skin. It doesn't mean the person necessarily doesn't take really good care of it and get all the advice and medical intervention they can. It's not the same as choosing to look scruffy at all. Good products help but they don't work miracles.

Ann looked great a while back with the shorter bob and deeper colour. I know they say when you get older you should go lighter, but you need to go a shade that looks good on you and does not wash you out. The colour of the cardi thing did nothing for her either.

The thing is, if she is out and about doing shopping or having coffee with friends then wear whatever she wants. But she is presenting on TV in front of millions selling or trying to sell products. You should look and sound professional, its your job. If you walked into Debenhams,Boots or Superdrug and the SA dressed like that would you want to buy from them? I doubt it, you would look for someone who seemed to take a bit of pride in their appearance. Does anyone know when she is on the God Channel thing is she professionally turned out?

Imo Ann looks like a different person today, the dark top suits her colouring and she seem to have had a hair trim.
Maybe it was the silly hair style (ha, ha) that made her look odd on Saturday....

Latest posts

Back