Thank goodness it's Dale!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
The only show I am interested in today is Tasco Silver and dreaded who was going to do it. It is sandwiched between the dreaded Chuntlley/ADawson/Marverine but good ol' Dale has saved the day. I know he does not have many fans on here but I like him well enough and considering the others it could have been I can settle with a coffee and bun and a sigh of relief!

I think Dale is great - mainly because he seems to have fun and is happy to take the p out of himself. I love it when he does shows the women would usually do, such as beauty hours, or a recent Nails Inc one I remember - he would probably rather be anywhere else but he has a go and does it all slightly tongue-in-cheek.

I don't mind Dale at all. At least he isn't all shouty and like a market trader. At times I have felt quite sorry for him as I have seen him with Andi Peters and Kelly Hoppen and think they have both really patronised him.

I like Dale too. Like his sense of humour & the way he's willing to send himself up.
He explains the product well without the hard sell & if he has a model on with him, usually jewellery shows I catch him in, he includes her in the conversation, which some of the women don't always do.
When Ralph is over with Honora I much prefer his shows with Dale than with the women who seem to fawn over him.

Would not trust him as far as i could throw him far to smooth for me but each to their own.

Smooth maybe, but no shouting (Dawson)rolling eyes (Marverine) and telling us how much weight he has put on and how good value P&p is (chuntley)

But as you quite rightly say each to their own, which is the good thing about this forum

I like his self depreciating humour and the way he involves the guests and models.

I always think that he's flirting with the audience, and while I don't really want to be flirted with, I have laughed out loud at some of his jokes. There have been comments that call him creepy, but I don't see that at all - just a slightly cumbersome charm that would have had my great-aunts twittering with delight.

Dales ok, don't like or dislike him. Saw 40 minutes of Kipling today, the most I've watched of qvc all year and the most I've seen of marverine at all, I'd only ever caught glimpses of her before. In the 40 minutes I watched j never saw any eye rolling that many mention, not once. I didn't mind her, didn't have me reaching for the mute button like Chloe does.

I like his self depreciating humour and the way he involves the guests and models.

I always think that he's flirting with the audience, and while I don't really want to be flirted with, I have laughed out loud at some of his jokes. There have been comments that call him creepy, but I don't see that at all - just a slightly cumbersome charm that would have had my great-aunts twittering with delight.

Don't you mean "self-deprecating?"

So did I. As I knew what crinkly meant. As did Julius. But if you're going to nitpick, at least make sure you have your facts straight.

So did I. As I knew what crinkly meant. As did Julius. But if you're going to nitpick, at least make sure you have your facts straight.

Priceless! Thanks folks. My first belly laugh of the day.

I think I've been wandering round saying 'self-depreciating' for a couple of decades - wrong every time - but no one has ever noticed before, including myself. Lol.

Last edited:
Agree about Chuntley but Dale isn't much better, he's slimy and smarmy and a tad arrogant. He and Julia would make the perfect couple.

Last edited:
I agree with crinkly, Dale is sweet, funny, gentlemanly and in the early days of discovering QVC, when I actually watched shows, not just dipped in and quickly out, I laughed out loud at some of his jokes. He and Julia used to be paired up to do special launches quite a lot, but don't really see that now. Dale is one of the few blokes that I can watch for a bit. The other one was Anthony.

Latest posts

Back