Jackie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Just caught some of the Gatineau show and Jackie mentioned reading the shopping forums, and that people had commented on her having no top lip, she joked about how the Gatineau products were helping it. I like the fact Jackie can make fun of herself, shes also commented she had one droopy eye aswell lol. I think shes really settled into being a presenter on Q, and is one of my favs. Hi Jackie if your reading :mysmilie_3:

presenter's forum confession

sorry for the tabloiddesque title for this thread but i'm half watching Q as i type. Jackie K on the 4pm Gatineau show admitted to reading the online forum comments about her appearance esp the thinness of her lips. Fancy reading what a bunch of strangers ( like me) think about the insignificant aspects of your looks. I hope that the presenters have a big bag of salt handy and take frequent pinches from it when reading what we write. I wouldnt take too much notice myself, but admit i would be curious and dip in now and again.:mysmilie_17:

Just caught some of the Gatineau show and Jackie mentioned reading the shopping forums, and that people had commented on her having no top lip, she joked about how the Gatineau products were helping it. I like the fact Jackie can make fun of herself, shes also commented she had one droopy eye aswell lol. I think shes really settled into being a presenter on Q, and is one of my favs. Hi Jackie if your reading :mysmilie_3:

Hi Autum
seems that we are on the same wavelength and you just pipped me to the post. I hope Jackie can have a chuckle about herself and us forumites. i wish her all the best

Jackie, you have one fan on this forum at least! You're one of the most natural presenters on QVC.

Well Jackie if you are reading this then perhaps you would report back to your bosses at Q just how unhappy we are with some of the aspects of Q in recent times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always feel Jackie is just doing this job 'til something more suitable comes along. I never feel she's entirely comfortable....

I always feel Jackie is just doing this job 'til something more suitable comes along. I never feel she's entirely comfortable....

That is my feeling too. Although she is not shouty shouty I feel she is a bit bored with it all and sometimes has a look which says "why me".
It is possible to be enthusiastic without the hard sell.

But all in all not the worst, wouldn't have to mute her if it was a show I was interested in, which going by the present crop of presenters is as much as you can hope for.

I think that's it exactly, she is bored. I think you can almost tell what's she's really thinking about some of the stuff she has to sell and some of the guests, yes, I'm pointing to you Lennie! She seems above it all at times.

Jackie Kabler is a skilled journalist who definitely would not consider QVC her biggest iron in the fire,

Exactly. She's a journalist. So why would a skilled journalist be working on shopping telly? No wonder she always looks like 'o dear, is this what I've been reduced to?'

Perhaps Jackie just wanted to try another experience, kind of a bucket list tick off. It certainly isn't as demanding as being a journalist and, I would have thought, less satisfying. She did work unsociable and long hours for many years, so maybe she wanted an easier bag, whilst still being well paid. I do think it takes a special type of individual to present on shopping tv but, intellectually, Jackie has took a step backwards.
As long as she enjoys coming in to work, and doing the job, and it pays the bills, she has made the right move.

Exactly. She's a journalist. So why would a skilled journalist be working on shopping telly? No wonder she always looks like 'o dear, is this what I've been reduced to?'
According to her bio on QVC she is writing a novel so maybe a couple of days work at QVC each week provides some guaranteed income whilst leaving her time to write.

Not another one! What is it with these women and books! And one each in not enough - Julia on number 2 and Flinty on No 3

Lord help us

She is always putting herself down, another one fishing for compliments like another certain presenter. She isn't the worst presenter out there, but I am not going to change my opinion on her just because she says she reads online forums. Why mention it at all? You never hear JF or CR complain about what people say about them online, either they don't read it or they take it on the chin. And they get much worse things said about them.

Latest posts

Back