Google Nexus 7 32gb TSV 30/03/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought my 16gb one from the Google website. Think I paid £169 including next day delivery about 18 months ago. Used every day and has been virtually trouble free. I have the first generation one. The only thing I would like would be the Face time but that is an apple appand difficult to put on a Google device.

OH is a bit anti apple so when looking for a tablet about 18 months ago he purchased the Nexus from Google and he likes it.

I on the other hand being very untechie didn't get to grips with it at all, it and the Q website were awful together so I tended to swear at both of them.

At Christmas he "gifted" me an Apple air, but I was unimpressed as jewellery would be more my thing and I felt it was more bought for himself, but I have got to say I love it, love it, love it. Even he is thinking "next time could be a fruity one"

I bought my 16gb one from the Google website. Think I paid £169 including next day delivery about 18 months ago. Used every day and has been virtually trouble free. I have the first generation one. The only thing I would like would be the Face time but that is an apple appand difficult to put on a Google device.

FaceTime is apple only. It's not possible to get it on anything other than an apple device.

Miceal did say it was the original asus google nexus 7; did he mean, in effect, it was the old model? During the demonstration, the display was in portrait mode; can it also be used in landscape, as this is how I would want to use it?

Miceal did say it was the original asus google nexus 7; did he mean, in effect, it was the old model? During the demonstration, the display was in portrait mode; can it also be used in landscape, as this is how I would want to use it?

I have the original version of this and it is excellent!. The screen is very good, and all the apps I have on it work really well. So, no complaints from me.

Google Nexus 7 32gb TSV 30/03/14

I just can't watch the todays tsv guest, to me he comes across as patronising and a show off....his presentation seems like a long rigmarole ... without telling me a lot of what I need to know...

I have the latest model and I love it although I mainly use it to read books on Kindle app. The picture quality is excellent and the tablet is easy to handle and not too heavy. Having said all that I do love my iPad and wouldn't be without it.

Yes, when he referred to it as "the original google nexus 7", the word 'original' is actually a synonym for 'outdated'. Why would anyone want to buy a model which is 2 years old? It is not even the latest one, and an updated version will be released shortly. I suppose if you have a budget, and cannot stretch to the latest model, but fancy an asus google nexus 7, this would be a good one to go for. Personally, I think the Q is damaging it's reputation regarding technology, by not ensuring that they always bring us the very latest model. What happened to "QVC are proud to be launching this product"? "It is exclusive to QVC"? I do prefer, if possible, to buy any tech product from the Q, because of the mbg. I can safely but, knowing that it can be returned, just because I can't take to it. But I wouldn't go for an old model.
Technology is yet another area where, if the Q doesn't up it's act, customers will choose not to buy. It is making it easier for other shopping channels to challenge the tv dominance. IW certainly hasn't, however; the pod offers a 2 year guarantee - wow! That is from Hanspree, not IW, and is available wherever the tablet is purchased.

good old qvc selling outdated technology for a premium price to unsuspecting customers , shame on them

good old qvc selling outdated technology for a premium price to unsuspecting customers , shame on them

Watched this afternoon and Sara asked Lee about it not being the latest version and his reply was along the lines of 'the only difference in the newer version is just a more enhanced screen and anyway, we wanted the price of this to be under £150 and not £200' then she compared buying the latest technology is just like buying a brand new car - as soon as you drive it out of the showroom it's not new anymore so what's the point?' :mysmilie_13:

Funny that, when QVC has the launch of something in technology they make a big song and dance about it!!! :mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back