QVC.com USA vs QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
I was browsing the American QVC site this afternoon and was amazed at the variety of jewellery brands available compared to our UK site. The biggest difference was the number of items available in one of the ranges available here too. Why do our American sisters have 3x as many products to choose from? Is it due to importation and customs rules? Or pricing? I did try to buy something but .customer services soon very politely explained that its not possible to buy from the USA site but couldn't explain why. Has anyone ever managed to buy from any of the international sites? Or does anyone know why we can't? I'd be very interested to find out.

The UK is a much smaller market around 70 million people compared to the US market which is probably not far off 300 million. The bigger the market the more it is attractive to merchandisers.

I buy jewellery from QVC US and been pleased with it better value than UK aswell, even after import tax

I buy jewellery from QVC US and been pleased with it better value than UK aswell, even after import tax
It did seem like there were some good deals when I converted the prices to £ .how did you manage to make a purchase? Did an American friend/ relative buy it then post it to your address in the UK? That's the only way I could see of getting it then paying the import tax is pretty straightforward which I am happy to do.i guess the 30 day MBG is null and void in this instance?

Yes you need an address in the US also a US credit card(the latter one I am not sure but think it is the case?), and do not forget the price you see will not be the price you pay. US states have their own sales taxes which are different for each state, I know NYC is 13% so you add that on to the price.

There are companies for a fee will act as a middle man, you pay a yearly fee to them and they will take delivery and ship to the US. I know someone on here uses it, but unless you are buying a good bit its not worth it. You will have to pay the 20% VAT as well for it coming into the UK, they deal with that for you.

Oh and remember you will not have the 30 day MBG if anything breaks, you need to be sure you really want it.

There are 3rd party companies, you pay them, they buy what you want and ship to you once they receive the goods. I can PM rather than name on a public forum, I don't want to give them free advertising as I don't think it's appropriate. The company I use I've used a lot to buy things stateside not just qvc and they've been very good, swift ordering and shipping and keep you informed each step of the way. You can pay annually or individually per purchase depending on how many items you think you'll spend. With this company you still have the 30 day Mbg as you can return to them and they will return for you, although postage costs won't be recovered.

Latest posts

Back