This is a doozy of a lie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

haribo

Registered Shopper
Best of bid are currently selling the 1KG Black Tefal Actifry for £139.99 plus P&P.

The price check banner along the bottom of the screen says "Found today at Argos for £173.94 delivered."

But it is a blatant, fraudulent LIE. The one for that price in argos is a completely different 1.2KG model that holds more chips.

This isn't just bending the truth. They need trading standards to look into them.

If true, that's something for the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) to look into. If you want, you can complain about this online via their website; all you need to provide are details of the channel and the approximate time they made the false claim, and they will investigate further and get back to you.

If you do go ahead and complain to them, please let us know the outcome as it will be very interesting.

If true, that's something for the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) to look into. If you want, you can complain about this online via their website; all you need to provide are details of the channel and the approximate time they made the false claim, and they will investigate further and get back to you.

If you do go ahead and complain to them, please let us know the outcome as it will be very interesting.

Good advice. I have submitted a complaint to the ASA. It really does need looking at. What a bunch of crooks.

I will be getting a reply in 3-5 days apparently. I will keep this thread updated with the result. If anyone else wants to complain then please do. The more the merrier.

Good on you reporting them look forward to hearing what the ASA say about the crooks

It's only a personal opinion but I wouldn't post details in advance of making a complaint on here, it merely gives the shysters more time to concoct one of their elaborate 'we made a mistake' tales.

And while I cannot say for certain I suspect this will be yet another one of those 'mistakes', i've never come across another shopping channel that makes so many.

Meanwhile I heard a rumour there's a few more 'mistakes' currently being looked into :mysmilie_59:

I also have heard that rumour... about 2 separate items :wink:

You don't have to look too far to see all the old tricks still in play from the usual suspects, albeit less frequently.

Not far at all :mysmilie_59:

Once is a mistake more than that is a blatant con they KNOW what they're doing ****** crooks

Once is a mistake more than that is a blatant con they KNOW what they're doing ****** crooks

Well they certainly know what they're doing with the endless 'price comparisons'.

Funny how they are invariably sourced from the manufacturers website.

They are deliberately hoodwinking the elderly and vulnerable. :mysmilie_51:

Split Ends just caught herself out in her own lie.
Sarah was modelling a polyester print top with black lace trim (mmm, lovely!!) and she was wearing it with black leggings. Sally said how spectacular/gorgeous/amazing it looked and said 'I would never ever ever have thought of putting black with it'.
Cut to Sally wearing exactly the same top with...........black cropped leggings.......go figure!

Lol! Salleh only seems to have one pair of trousers! And the black high heels, she wears them all the time!

Lol! Salleh only seems to have one pair of trousers! And the black high heels, she wears them all the time!

Yes, you're right DW. I can see why though, you can dress them up, dress them down, go from desk to dance floor, coffee with the girls, a night out with your mates, blah blah blah!
But does she really think we're so stupid we wouldn't notice that she was wearing black leggings?? Something she would 'never ever ever have thought of'!!
It shows utter contempt for the viewers without which she wouldn't have a job - just sayin!

The other day when she had to ditch her shift cos she was "poorly" she was laughing and joking on twitter if you're ill surely you'd be resting just saying :)

The other day when she had to ditch her shift cos she was "poorly" she was laughing and joking on twitter if you're ill surely you'd be resting just saying :)

Hmm, surely if you were sick you wouldn't feel like joking on Twitter??!!
Mind you, Lisa Brash was a real trooper tonight, she threw up on air and carried on to finish her shift!

Latest posts

Back