Miceal`s style school

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
www.londoncollegeofstyle.com

This is where Miceal Murphy got his `qualifications` in fashion.. Principal Wendy Elsmore a QVC guest presenter
I bet it was the 12 week course..... who are they kidding ....does this really qualify someone as a stylist?

I don't think there's anything that really qualifies someone as a stylist. You just need an eye. Can't see why there are regular thread being mean to Miceal for getting even a little education in a particular area. Props to him for trying to improve his understanding. Seems a nice guy to me.

Miceal seems a well presented unassuming guy, I say good luck to him for trying something new....

I think Miceal is possibly wasted on Q, when he's recorded longer interviews with musicians or authors flogging their creations on QVC he's handled the interview very well and phrased his questions intelligently, not just read from a list without listening to previous answers. He does seem to get carried away when he's selling and the verbal diarrhoea seems to take over. I didn't think the OP was having a go at Miceal, but at the "style training course".

I'm very cynical about these "training courses" and suspect they're more of a money-making scheme than a drive to educate for the people who run them. My friend signed up for an online food & nutrition course through Groupon (or similar) and it was absolute rubbish; her daughter who is taking A level Biology said that one of the multiple choice questions made no sense, the way it was worded, and the whole course with online diploma test could be finished in about 90 minutes! I doubt the "qualification" would be worth the printer ink required to print it out! (she complained to Groupon and got a refund btw).

For the purposes of QVC maybe the notion of having trained for a certain skill may be believed by some viewers, I just hope Miceal isn't deluding himself that the training made him a style guru. I'm sure he has his own sense of style and should have confidence in that. Equally, those who have no idea about colour, style etc no amount of training can give them an instinctive eye for what looks good. ( I hope QVC paid for the course for him)

I wasn`t getting at him if you read what I wrote but the college and the 12 week course not saying he isn`t `nice` but the fashion isn`t cutting edge as it is on Q without another coming out with the same old trite sayings that get on your nerves even when spouted by those that we are told have experience, including the Principle of the `college` ! I think anyone taking a 12 week course are deluding themselves if they think they are going to get a job in fashion other than selling it on a shop floor.

I hope Q did pay for him as the only fee I can see quotes £3.480 so I can`t see any course being inexpensive even a short one!

Kathy has just been praising Wendy's 'talents', as a celebrity stylist, and saying that anyone can do her courses. for whatever reason. Wonder why she didn't mention that one of her students was 'our very own Miceal'?
btw, as he is, evidently, the Q's resident fashion expert - sorry, Glen, stating facts (!) - he has every right (!) to feel miffed that it is "Morning style with Kathy Tayler", and he doesn't have his own weekly show. With his qualifications and talent? I wouldn't stand for it!**!

:giggle:Wendy referred to her "graduates"! After 12 weeks? :mysmilie_17: If you know anyone currently facing their Uni finals they could have saved thousands of pounds of debt and 3 years work :beer: and signed up to become a stylist. :mysmilie_458:

I would have thought 12 weeks for a stylist course was padding it out by about 10 weeks.

Would have thought it was something you either had an eye for or not and could not be taught it as a profession unless ofcourse they spend the rest of the 10 weeks advising you how to charge out your time at a ridiculious rate which judging by the cost of the course they are experts in.

Wendy doesn`t exactly exude style does she ? I know she is wearing Q but others manage to make it look half decent most of the time .....nothing original she still comes out with the same old same old standard sayings!! :(

Wendy doesn`t exactly exude style does she ? I know she is wearing Q but others manage to make it look half decent most of the time .....nothing original she still comes out with the same old same old standard sayings!! :(

Anyone on this forum could teach them all of those free of charge cos we hear them often enough

The programme started before he did his course. The way I read it the course is only one day a week over 12 weekss.

I sort of agree you either have an eye for fashion or you don't wendy is hardly an advert for her school is she she dresses terrible!

Latest posts

Back