Waitlist orders - that was close!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I wanted to check on the date I placed an order and, whilst in 'my account', I noticed on the far right 'awaiting stock'! What is this, thinks I. It turns out, I had placed a waitlist order, for a clogau ring, and forgotten all about it. Thank goodness I was in this section, or I may have ended up being sent, and charged for, a ring which I would probably have returned. I vowed a while ago, to keep popping in to this area, for this very reason, but it never occurs to me. I suppose I should look, every day when I'm on the site. Needless to say, I cancelled the order. But what a narrow escape.
I suppose, if I was being cynical, I could say the Q know that a lot of orders go through because shoppers, like me, forget about waitlist / advanced orders, thus benefitting the channel.
My own fault, though.

If you order an item on waitlist at a TSV price QVC will honour that price no matter what the item price is when they fullfil the order. The problem I've had is they cancel the waitlist order and then the item comes back into stock; they won't reinstate an cancelled waitlist order and honour the lower price. If you have a waitlist order keep checking for the new stock coming in and phone QVC if you spot that the item is back in stock. They don't automatically allocate new stock out to waitlist orders before the item goes to air (and may possibly sell out again).

Latest posts

Back