Go Travel Collapsible Flat Pack Suitcase TSV 02/04/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had an email today offering me the chance to order ,not intrested.

Not really sure of the point of this. Suitcases are ruined during travel and I'm not sure this would stand up to the test of time. Other Go products can be a bit hit and miss so I'll pass

Anyone in need of luggage please check out the Tripp Superlite range at Debenhams....some fantastic prices at the moment. I know the cases don't collapse like this TSV but we have found them to be sturdy and well built. The TSV price is a rip off!

Anyone in need of luggage please check out the Tripp Superlite range at Debenhams....some fantastic prices at the moment. I know the cases don't collapse like this TSV but we have found them to be sturdy and well built. The TSV price is a rip off!

These cases seem a rip off. For a tsv the price is ridiculous. They remind me of a rolling duffle bag that you could also flatten. They keep going on about how you can pack them in each other (like all cases that are 3 different sizes and same make!), however, appears the largest bag has to stay un-flattened to accommodate them.

Also as for their highlighted problem as to where to put the suitcase on holiday- I've travelled the world and never had a problem eg in wardrobe, in corner of room etc etc. I like it being near to store souvenirs/shopping and get to things I haven't unpacked.

I don't take holidays but, if I did, I would want durable luggage. I am aware that these hard cases are expensive and, if you go for Kipling, for example, you pay a premium for it. Kipling lovers would probably pay this and, why not, if you buy from the range? This tsv is collapsible; simultaneously, I feel, a plus and a minus. Good for storage. I am of the opinion, however, that anything which is collapsible cannot be very strong or, in this case, resistant to tears. It is, apparently, lightweight which also indicates to me that the case is not really suitable for the purpose it was manufactured.
This is - and this from someone who doesn't use luggage - way overpriced. Somehow, I don't think we'll see a sell out! This looks like one of those 'got to fill a slot' tsv items, i.e. when the channel has nothing else planned as a tsv.

Nearly 24 quid in postage if you want a set of 3 sizes? No thanks!

They don't look very robust. I'd like to see a demo of a filled case being throw 20 feet and a half-filled case thrown down a flight of stairs, because that's the sort of handling they need to withstand. If a case this this is under-filled the fabric is even more vulnerable to tearing.

I use our cases as storage in our loft when they're not in use, in fact 2 of them are almost ready-packed for the next holiday with beach towels etc which aren't used other than when we're away. Their ability to be folded flat isn't something I'd use and to top it all they seem expensive for cases that look as dull as ditch water!

Who, why, what, are Q playing at ?
Yet another dull as ditch water not so very special todays special value.
There are so many good suitcases out on the H.S that they are flogging a dead horse with this one.
It looks like my embargo is well and truly back ON.

Why they are promoting collapsing one down and putting it inside a holiday case to take with you is beyond me. Why add another 3 kgs to eat into a precious weight limit when flying? Plus, I wouldn't want a suitcase exposed to all sorts put inside another suitcase, even after cleaning it. Far too expensive too, IMO.

It did not look to easy to collapse in the demo I watched.
I have a Tripp that has 4 wheels that is easy to move , has taken me to Malyasia twice, and Singapore. No problems.

Why they are promoting collapsing one down and putting it inside a holiday case to take with you is beyond me. Why add another 3 kgs to eat into a precious weight limit when flying? Plus, I wouldn't want a suitcase exposed to all sorts put inside another suitcase, even after cleaning it. Far too expensive too, IMO.

i put a smaller suitcase inside my larger suitcase when i went to NYC recently, it means i only have to pay to carry an extra bag home, and allows me to fill up on all those bargains when i'm there... if this has been a TSV before i went, i'd have been tempted.

Latest posts

Back