Today's (March 31) channel changes in full

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Plunge

Registered Shopper
If you're wondering what has happened to Bid and/or Price-drop TV today, this should explain everythink (© Gollum) for you:

The 'old' version of Bid (Channel 23) on the SDN/COM4 mux has been renumbered 791 and will shortly be discontinued. (A CBS Reality TV channel will be available on Freeview Channel 66 soon using the old Bid TV bandwidth, and is already listed after a rescan albeit with a blank EPG.)

The 'old' Price-drop (Channel 37) on the ArqA/COM5 mux has/will be renumbered 23 and is the new Bid.

However, Price-drop hasn't vanished altogether but will now only be available to the relative minority of viewers who can receive BBC Four HD on the COM7 mux, presumably done as a cost-saving measure. Channel number is the same as the old Price-drop (37).

Source: http://www.a516digital.com/2014/03/freeview-channel-updates-march-2014.html

I would like this post or thank you for it but I have to be honest, I don't understand a word of it! :mysmilie_15:
I'm sure you explained it beautifully but I'm not very bright when it comes to technology :mysmilie_19:

Non-technical summary:

If you watch Bid or Price Drop using Freeview (not watching via satellite TV - Sky or Freesat, or cable TV), then it's best to do a retune or rescan if you can. Consult your TV or set-top box's operating instructions for further information as to how to retune/rescan; what you need to do is usually explained as part of the installation, setup or tuning instructions. (Some TV's or boxes may might update automatically.)

Then all you need to know is that Shop at Bid TV stays whilst many people will no longer be able to watch Price Drop/Best of Bid (though the channel hasn't closed down altogether).

That's all! :happy:

I've got 3 devices and just retuned them all

1 has no shop at bid or price drop
2 has no shop at bid but has best of bid on price drop on 37

They need to sort it out before Thursday or I won't get my fill of Peter Simon and I can't be doing without that

I re-tuned mine and got the two channels, but QVC disappeared. I re-tuned it again and changed the receiver from which I get my signal and QVC re-appeared and so all's well in 'shopping channel world' again. (I think :wink:)

I've also now got CBS Reality on channel 66 although that wasn't there last night.

I would like this post or thank you for it but I have to be honest, I don't understand a word of it! :mysmilie_15:
I'm sure you explained it beautifully but I'm not very bright when it comes to technology :mysmilie_19:

Me too Deedee, I lost both channels, I retuned twice (didn't get either after first tune) and then got Bid back on 23 but no PD so no more Lisa Brash on a Saturday night. I'm devastated...

Sorry, duplicated post from earlier. I forgot I posted it then. Senile dementia unfortunately.

I've got shop at bid back now on all 3 devices but its just a still shot saying we'll be back at 8am, What time do we end on freeview now?

I've got best of bid still on at channel 37

Where is the logic in getting rid of the flagship live channel early but continue the pre recorded best of bid until 1:30?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back